What cheered me up recently

You know what, life is good right now despite this crazy world we live in where seeing families practically out of the question. Today I’ve been looking at what I have got in life and I’m bloody well proud of myself :smirk: this last week I’ve been bouncing around feeling really happy although not everythings been plain sailing, on the whole life is really good.

Now, if only I had a magic wand for this agonising back pain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

@Alyssa646 sorry to hear that hun hope you feel better soon :hugs::+1::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, hope you get your back feeling better soon x

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @Alyssa646, I hope you feel better soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My peas and beans are sprouting :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :seedling: :seedling: :seedling:

10 Likes

Yay! My peas have started to sprout but no sign of my beans yet!

8 Likes

@Kitty-Cat01 @Green_Eyed_Girl I have my spuds showing lol no pun intended , sweet corn :corn: up carrots :carrot: showing , peas and beans have all shown so you can’t be far away @Kitty-Cat01 good luck

7 Likes

I’m trying sweetcorn for the first time this year, a request from my OH, they’re just starting to sprout. We have loads of tomatoes and lettuces and a couple of courgette plants sprouting at the moment too. Still waiting for cucumbers and beans. Hopefully they’ll come up soon. I started to grow stuff last year, never tried before but found it very theraputic during lockdown so I’m planning to carry on with it now.

5 Likes

@Kitty-Cat01 i thought the same tried it a little bit last year with the kids but we had a vote on what to plant hence the normal veg !
We added
2 :apple: apple trees
Tomato :tomato:
Strawberries :strawberry:
As well as everything else I have replanted some seeds for continuation of veg so you have a crop every 3 weeks or so started some off in the house and the rest outside so covered every option lol

3 Likes

We’ve got a load of stuff in (as we do every year) but its all behind this year as its been so dry and cold. The onion sets are sprouting though and hopefully the lettuce, perpetual spinach and chard will be up soon. When The rest will come up is anyones guess

2 Likes

Oh, I forgot about the strawberries! I’d love an apple tree but don’t really have the space for one at the moment. Sounds like you have a lovely selection and it’s a great thing to do with your kids. Also great that they like veg!

2 Likes

@Kitty-Cat01 you can grow apple trees in a decent enough pot we got 1 last year to keep in a pot and 1 for bottom of the garden both were no more than £30 I know that 1 was £20 they love it hun all have had the same changes when they get older though lol

1 Like

Like @Gazza_64 says you can get some apples on small root stock. Usually get called patio fruit trees.

2 Likes

My best friend is making a bunch of funky coloured tights footless for me (I hate and struggle with tights!) she’s also just admitted that she bought me ones with skulls and crossbones on as a surprise :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

She’s the best!

8 Likes

Planting my peas and beans (and spinach and beetroot and onions)
I cheated though as I bought ‘plugs’ this year rather than growing from scratch.

Tomorrow: tomatoes :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I think we need a gardening thread!

5 Likes

We resorted to some tomato plugs this year as we are rather behind in planting due to weather. Also some purple sprouting plugs but i never tend to grow my own brassicas from scratch, should do really, but cant be bothered :laughing: greenhouse is full of trays as it is. (We have tomatoes, squash, pumpkins, summer squash, courgette, runners, french beans, nasturtiums, peas in there already and i haven’t managed to plant everything yet.)

6 Likes

My Mrs has decided that now the garden has been sorted fences painted plants and seeds sorted summer house has been bought, erected, wired for electrics and painted inside and out she has made me a new project to do to take down the wardrobes draws and paint the bedroom and then buy some new wardrobes collect them and then erect them ! Oh my I am so fecking lucky I have someone to plan my life for me, I feel blessed :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

Best of luck @Gazza_64 mate :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How’s your dad? @Knight1119