What do you think of mens thongs?

My girlfriend doesn’t know but a for few years before we met and whenever we are not together I usually wear a thong instead of shorts or briefs. I find them comfortable and prefer to wear them. I don’t think it should be too strange or a big deal but I’m not sure what she will think if I tell her. What’s any female view on this?

2 Likes

I don’t mind what anyone chooses to wear for underwear. I have a friend who wears ladies silk panties with lace trim every day because he loves the feel…and he looks hot in them. He doesn’t own any boxers or trunks.

As to not telling your girlfriend for all this time. I bet she’ll be fine with it and you’ll wish you told her sooner. She might be surprised and have a preference either way but you wear what you’re comfortable with.

Good Luck.

4 Likes

Here’s a similar thread @GettingMoreKinkyGuy.
If you like wearing a thong just wear one. Don’t make an issue of it. I’m sure that your girlfriend will accept it as just you being you.

2 Likes

I think thongs are really sexy on a guy - instead of focusing it on you, maybe try asking her ‘what do you think of a guy in a thong, do you think it’s sexy’
And check out her reaction :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve worn them before but my partner really isn’t keen so I don’t do it anymore really. We live together so I couldn’t do it privately as we do laundry together.
I really like the design and fabric of Lacy knickers - not necessarily thongs but ladies briefs. I’d love it if they did men’s underwear (that’s to say it would accommodate a penis/balls) in the same design, material and fabric. They’re hard to find even online and I’m surprised more companies haven’t jumped on this as I don’t think it’s “just me” from what I’ve read. I couldn’t wear them though as my partner thinks it’s too weird! :joy:

4 Likes

If I was to choose a thong. I would have to pick a ladies thong they come in more styles and colour and material. And more sexy I like the way they feel too, show the outline nicely i have wore one

3 Likes

@GettingMoreKinkyGuy not my thing but buy them and wear them it’s no big deal. I would wear regardless of what anyone else thought. It’s your preference and would you try to say what she should wear? The only thing is she may think your up to something if you just suddenly change underwear style. Just say you used to wear in the past and are going back to that style. Good luck

2 Likes

I think this must be a age thing. I am old now and I don’t like the look of them. I know some like @Oldman has taken pictures with him wearing them but not for me. Oldman looks great in them though.
Its a bit like wearing speedo’s on the beach. It just does not feel right to me and we must be comfortable

1 Like

Bring them on! My husband has several. The first time he showed me one was when we were having a long evening of play and he revealed them as part of that (we were playing strip poker at the time). I loved it.

If she wears a thong, ask her what she thinks of men wearing thongs in general. Maybe look at some of the thongs on Lovehoney and see what her reaction is.

3 Likes

I have liked things for some time but my OH is not convinced. I used them I hot weather because they are comfortable and cool because less material.

2 Likes

I’d say go for it! I would be totally onboard if my partner wanted to wear a thong. I’d go for one made of nice fabric, like some of the newer brushed/microfibre ones, definitely agree to stay away from the novelty animal faces. In fact, I think I need to mention this to the hubs… :blush:

2 Likes

This is Lovehoney. No one is going to clutch their pearls and say, ‘but, you can’t possibly…!’

I think clothes and fabrics are gender neutral - wear what you like.

But if you are concerned about what someone else might think (a valid concern when a new partner is involved) then I would raise the question at an appropriate time, and if the response if good then maybe pave the way with a few tame thongs.

Some are designed for men and some for women, and I’m not sure which you mean (and neither do I agree with the categorizations), but maybe do a temperature check with male designs?

5 Likes

I have been wearing thongs for about six years now I am twenty nine.my wife finds it sexy and I find it comfortable certain times of the year, I wanted underwear that felt more sexy but also comfortable, first I tried a jockstrap which wasn’t for me so then tried a thong, I wasn’t sure how my wife would react as I didn’t tell her I was buying one but the feed back was great. I guess either give it a go and wear it when you know she will see it or drop it into a conversation and see how she reacts.
Good luck.

3 Likes

I’d say go for it, it shouldn’t be an issue at all and I have don’t see any problem with men wearing thongs. I think more men wear them than you probably think and I know a few of my friends have said their male partners wear them. My boyfriend likes to wear to wear them most of the time and I have bought them for him also now.

3 Likes

I don’t wear male thongs, in fact I don’t wear male underwear at all. I just find everything about women’s knickers so much more appealing, and currently have more knickers in my collection, than I would have owned male underwear in any 5 year period. I actually look forward to putting on lace thongs and Brazilian knickers every day.

5 Likes

I’m a boxers only guy, I don’t think men have sexy underwear to be fair, and when it comes to the bedroom I think naked is much better!

2 Likes

@Jade48
Just don’t get knocked down… remember your mum saying make sure you’ve got clean underwear incase you had to go to hospital.
" hello Jade48 family I’m the doctor ., its OK he is going to be fine , he is comfortable now… but if you don’t mind me saying, his underwear is absolutely shocking!! ":joy::joy:

2 Likes

@Iwill - when I’m mountain biking, I always wear microfiber thongs, not lace ones, as that’s the time I’m most likely to end up in A&E. Yes, it has happened - “please remove your shorts and lie down on the bed!” :rofl:

4 Likes

@Jade48:joy::joy: brilliant . I remember Billy Connolly doing a sketch on the underwear thing " I’ve got to say hjs underwear was an absolute disgrace "
You have just put a whole different slant on it.!!:rofl:

2 Likes

@Iwill - at least they were clean! :grin:

2 Likes