What do you think?

Is having sex and making love the same thing?

Hi there Georga, now seeing as you asked, yes there is a distinct difference between sex and making love. Sex is fucking, it is normally without much thought at all and making love well that is what everyone that loves someone does, it is tender and caring and considerate (no not boring) it can be powerful too, it can involve adventure, it can involve a little roughness, naughtiness even, it can be whatever two consenting adults choose, making love is pure pleasure, wanting to please each other, it can also just be normal and then falling asleep in each others arms and feeling the love for each other, that is the difference and anyone that finds that, i urge them to grab it with both hands and enjoy and cherish every moment cos it is so rare but then i guess if you have found it then you don't need telling.

SG69 x

Depends. If we go technical you could describe making love as just a euphemism for sex and the word sex as either a shortened form of sexual reproduction or sexual intercourse or a whole variety of things!

I just think it means whatever you want it to mean. Language is never completely uniform and their will be complete agreement on something as abstract as sex. Is oral sex sex? To make love do you need to love them? etc... If you see a difference then yes there is. If you don't think there is a difference then there isn't.

yep it is a subjective question as peoople will have different perspectives on it.

georga_73 wrote:

Is having sex and making love the same thing?

So Georga what's your take on this then?

SG69 x

I think there is a difference but yet to work out what that difference is .

So the next question is ..................

Is it easier for men than women to have just sex?

There was a thread along similar lines a while back

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-talk/49983-having-sex-vs-making-love/

Gotta use that search function or the thread police will Gettcha!!!!

Nice pic G73 !

i would say having sex is just a physical act and can be done without really deep feelings for the other person or people involved, and i think making love is something you do when you are in love and it's all romantic and such like xx

georga_73 wrote:

So the next question is ..................

Is it easier for men than women to have just sex?

I wouldn't say so. Not in todays society (in this country anyway). Women have become just as dominant as men in their lifestyles and I would say they can just choose to fuck a person just as a man can.

Yet again subjective.

What do you think then Georga?

SG69 x

marriedjones wrote:

i have sex and make love to my wife, sometimes we just have sex no kissing and get a bit rough this is sex like an animal instinct. Making love is when we kiss, fondle and say loving things to each other.

This is prob not the same as everyone but it is for me and my OH, i also think its easier for men to have sex and move on than women as men can do it easier without getting emotionally involved.

again this is not the case for everyone but most.

I've found out that kissing is a fundamental part of sex for me and my hubby, I pestered him to be rough with me and restrain me etc. for sex - I really didn't like it when he wouldn't kiss me and he said afterwards that he felt uncomfortable doing it like that too . I love rough sex but there has to be an element of tenderness involved, I now know I wouldn't like it if we just had sex with no kissing or words of love/lust etc.

They are one and the same to us - neither of us has any experience of sex with other people either for any kind of comparison.

My opinion would be that there is no difference in the act rather a difference in how you think/feel about the act.

I also feel that both men and women are equally capable of having sex.

My experience of sex in general is that the kind of sex I have is entirely dependent on who I am having that sex with.

So with some people, it's just fucking. With some, it's incredibly tender. Sometimes fucking can also be tender. It just depends on who I'm doing it with.

Also, I have a real pet peeve about euphemisms, which I posted about awhile back. For me "making love" sounds like one of those euphemisms adults use around children when they're trying to disguise reproductive talk, and that disguisey part really bothers me. So I'd rather call it fucking even if it's totally tender, just because I totally know where I stand when I'm using very clear specific precise words.

Plus for me, I can "make love" without penetrating at all using any of a number of spanky toys, so for me it certainly isn't limited to actual penis-in-vagina fucking. :)

And please, I mean, "making love"? How is love being made by fucking which can't also be made by washing the dishes or doing something nice for your partner? That's another reason that term bugs me - for me, it's absolutely vague and meaningless. I think my partner makes much more credible love when he's making me coffee, cleaning the house, or by looking after himself so that he is in better condition to offer me service of whatever I want. :)

Having (ranted) I mean said all that, I also think that "making love" means different things to different people, and I'm all in favour of people using and doing what works for them. :)

No. Having sex is a physical act that satisfies physical need.

Thats why a lot of people who have one night stands feelempty and dissatisfied afterwards.

Love is the ultimately most important ingredient for good sex - and mind blowing orgasms. I say dont have sex till youre in love and in the mean time, use sex toys and your imagination.

cj1972 wrote:

No. Having sex is a physical act that satisfies physical need.

Thats why a lot of people who have one night stands feelempty and dissatisfied afterwards.

A lot of people also feel amazing and wonderful after one night stands. so it takes all kinds to make a world. :)

i know i certainly feel good after one night stands...not that i have them that often but when i do it feels great :)