What name for sex makes you cringe?

My kid came home today and informed me he'd learned the word 'boinking' at school, asking if it really was a word people used in place of sex. I nearly choked on my coffee, but I explained that it is. The conversation got me to thinking about all the different names we use for sex and how many of them are actually unpleasant, given that sex is very pleasant.

My own favourite one to hate is 'making the beast with two backs'. I don't mind reading a bit of Shakespeare but I die every time I come across this and people I know do use it (possibly to piss me off but they do say it).

My question is, which ones do you love to hate?

I agree with the 'beast of 2 backs' - sounds hideous! And I'm probably in the minority here, 'making love' makes me want to vomit. It actually pains me to type it!

We use making love or sex, sometimes fuck. Don't like bang

I hate the phrase "doing the naughty" because it implies that you're doing something bad or corrupt, it's stupid and gives people totally the wrong impression. It's a bad saying :(

I really hate the word 'Nookie'.

Drives me up the wall.

I agree with young and fun on the word bang, for some reason I'm opposed to the word hump as well lol.

I really dislike the word shag, makes it sound cheap and meaningless.

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

And I'm probably in the minority here, 'making love' makes me want to vomit. It actually pains me to type it!

I really hate it too, I thought it was just me!

Rooting the Australian meaning of the term. Does my head in!

Not a fan of the word humping!

Making love/lovemaking and nookie both make me cringe. Eugh.

Lala23 wrote:

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

And I'm probably in the minority here, 'making love' makes me want to vomit. It actually pains me to type it!

I really hate it too, I thought it was just me!

Nope- me too! I absolutely hate it and I'm glad you've written it- saves me from having to!

I also hate bonking or humping. Urgh.

A friend of mine uses the term 'bouncy cuddles'. I thought he was messing about , but he turns out he uses the term quite casually...

Just Jenson wrote:

A friend of mine uses the term 'bouncy cuddles'. I thought he was messing about , but he turns out he uses the term quite casually...

Lol, that proper sounds like what you'd say to your child who walks in... "urm, mummy and daddy what are you doing?" "Oh!, er... um... nothing sweety just some bouncy cuddles. Go put your cartoons on and we'll come and get your breakfast in a min." ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

Anyway, as to the topic; you know, I actually can't think of any. I'm sure they'll be loads out there that I'd probably not be too keen on, but they'll be ones outside my own culture that I've never been exposed to, I'll bet. I quite like the variety and that there are terms out there for all different kinds and moods of... sexual intercourse (went classic ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)).

Over on some parenting forums I've been on in the past, people who are trying to conceive refer to it as BD - the baby dance ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif) BLEURGH.

Thanks for taking part folks :)

I agree with all those who don't like to say shag or bang. Another one which I hate (and which earned the twat who said it to me a dead arm) is 'come to bed and I'll put your hip out'. I wasn't all that impressed.

I've always hated 'bumping uglies' and shag.

Bleuch.

We probably use fuck most of all. In fact it's a standing joke - he'll say, what would you say to a little fuck, and I reply, hello little fuck.

Man that's random!!!

My hubby says making love or let's get jiggy!!!! I hate both terms.

I would rather just say let's go have sex

I hate do u fancy a fu*k it's cheap and nasty

My ex used to say "big cuddle" I now hate the phrase.