What’s everyone’s occupation

@VanillaWithSprinkles hi that’s a real interesting occupation

2 Likes

Hi @AWB1955 yeah it’s never dull behind bars that’s for sure!

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Second lock down?

Currently unemployed, I used to own a Etsy store selling embroidery and cross stitch patterns and did well at one point until site increased listing prices and their share of each sale I wasn’t making as much as I did in the beginning.

Due to my disability I can only work part time but jobs lately are all full time or they say I’m over qualified and turned down.

Is over qualified even a thing? Lol

8 Likes

@EmmaC1989 that has always struck me as a bullshit excuse.

3 Likes

One of us is a infrastructure engineer and part time GB athlete the other is a teacher.

5 Likes

@EmmaC1989 they don’t want to pay you the going rate that means hun as @WillC said it’s a non excuse

3 Likes

garbologist here for my paying graft for my unpaying graft is the normal stuff a father of 4 gets up to

5 Likes

Part time bookie and a part time disability support worker Oh and a mum too

6 Likes

What sort of disability support are you in.

1 Like

I work for an agency so it can be anybody. Normally people with physical disabilities but for a while I worked with people with aquired brain injuries.

4 Likes

Photographer and all round crafty type person.

10 Likes

I’m a Care Manager assessing and reviewing peoples support needs, I arrange suitable services to keep people safe and well…

4 Likes

That’s awesome.
I’m a ambassador for a couple of amputee charities trying to get kids back into normality and sport after limb loss.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Household wastage

MissVirtue works in Insurance and Translation.

MrVirtue is a Voiceover artist that does IT Training for a law firm.

5 Likes

IT support for my sins

6 Likes

I’m a nurse who works in research in the nhs :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Systems Integration Engineer. Basically combine a mechanical and electrical engineer and put them into one. I don’t have a degree in either field either. Just a partial mechanical degree and over a decade of experience with machine build/design/development.

4 Likes

Work-wise, I regard myself as retired now. Certainly not earning a living, anyway! :joy:
Been a few things over the years:

1974 - 1979: Worked in retail menswear and hated it
1980 - 1998: Actor
1988 - 2000: Photographer until spinal issues stopped me carrying heavy gear around
2001 - 2015: Web designer
Now: Performance poet, busy on the spoken word / slam scene. Loving it. :microphone:

6 Likes