What’s everyone’s occupation

Aah. I wish I’d tried a bit harder with that poem now. :slightly_smiling_face: I didn’t even put it in meter.

Hangs head in shame

1 Like

Bollocks, man - it was great! :sunglasses: …and anyway, no poem is ever truly finished, so if you wanted to tweak it into something with strict meter, there’s nothing to stop you doing so, just for the craic!

I had the edit window open after I’d posted thinking ‘could I/should I…?’ But then I felt that I was taking it too far. :slightly_smiling_face: Now I know you’re an actual poet I’m thinking I didn’t take it far enough. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There’s no such thing as too far! :grin:

2 Likes

@PleasureDrone Actor? Been in anything we might have seen?

The Bill.

2 Likes

Unless you were an avid fan of small-scale touring theatre companies, no. A handful of tiny bits in film/TV. Hundreds of radio plays for the beeb. Can’t name anything specifically, as that could blow my cover on here. :wink:

2 Likes

I would’ve placed money on you saying The Bill. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Ian_Chimp I thought you was in The Bill lol

@PleasureDrone would have been a bit young at that time to give full appreciation of your work

1 Like

Not The Bill.

I can see this turning into yet another Lovehoney forum game: “Guess what PleasureDrone’s been in”. You’d be a long time guessing, cos I ain’t gonna say! :joy:

Shoulda kept my trap shut about the acting career. Move along please… nothing to see. :policeman:

4 Likes

It’s funny you should both mention The Bill, though - cos back when it was being made, there was a running gag in the profession that “EVERYONE has been in The Bill at some time or other”. :rofl:

2 Likes

I was toying with the idea of sharing one of my poems on here, but then I thought that any of the three people who have read it would be able to instantly identify me. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Ian_Chimp you’re really Bill Gates aren’t you?

2 Likes

Exactly. Frustrating, innit. I’ve got one particular unpublished bit of verse that I’d love to share with everyone here - it’s very…er…Lovehoney-relevant - but I daren’t in case it ever ends up in print elsewhere or on YouTube etc. Cover blown! Ah well… :wink:

Also, legally speaking it’s problematic. Showing it here would actually constitute “first publication”, thus scuppering my chances of getting it published elsewhere. Arse. :frowning_face:

1 Like

You’re going to have to create a Poetry Topic where we can make new stuff just for here. :+1:(though remember that Lovehoney own everything we post :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Bloody good point. That’s me shtum, then. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Doctor Who, surely? Everyone’s been in Doctor Who! Alpha Centauri?

3 Likes

I remember Alpha Centauri…:joy:

1 Like

I’m a new media consultant for three days a week…which will mean nothing to anyone…think websites, animation, app development etc

The other days I’m looking after my two kids - my OH flies for a living so is away for a week at a time…so I’m lucky to be able to be flexible with my work so I can enjoy watching my little ones grow up…and spend as much time as I can with the OH and kids when she’s home. I just wish she wasn’t always jetlagged when she got home :wink:

One of my first ever websites I built nearly 20 years ago was a sploshing site - beans and custard everywhere! But normally it’s boring corporate stuff.

6 Likes

Automotive Engineer, been in the military and now in the emergency services field

6 Likes