What silly things have you done recently?

Oh hell, this seems to become a huge can of worms when you are over 50. Doing stupid things becomes a way of life. About the only good thing is that you tend to forget them quite quickly otherwise I'm sure I could write a book on this topic.

To give you an example, a couple of weeks ago I was digging over a patch of stony ground in 30 degree heat, no wind and bright sunshine. Having twatted myself on the ankle a few times with the pick-axe I decide it's time for refreshment - a large glass of squash to gulp down and a coffee to prevent too much haemoglobin in my caffeine stream. So I bang a glass and a mug down on the counter and throw granules in the mug and pour Robertson's Barley Water in on top of them. By way of punishment I drink the resulting coffee which was foul.

Now you would have thought it would be impossible to repeat the trick but no: two hours and a few more self-woundings with the pick-axe later I do it again only this time I put the granules/concentrate in the glass...

Oh yuck!

My silly start to the day already try to be a charming husband whilst OH was having a lie in and ironed a couple of my shirts , kids shirts etc.

Wife comes downstairs ' thanks pet but those were already ironed '

Arse biscuits

Just caught myself again: blearing into the mirror and wondering how the cut on my forehead got there I look down to find I'm just about to squeeze toothpaste onto the brush. Hair-brush that is.

It's shaping up to be another of those days!

Got out mug. Boiled kettle. Poured hot water into mug. Should definitely have involved a tea bag in this process...

SS xx

SweetSubmission wrote:

Got out mug. Boiled kettle. Poured hot water into mug. Should definitely have involved a tea bag in this process...

SS xx

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

SweetSubmission wrote:

SS xx

Lols! I have done this before. Also not put sugar in when I wanted it, and putting sugar in when the guest doesn't want it, and mindlessly placing spoonfulls of sugar in to mugs without thinking and having no idea how much I have put in (At least I put sugar in before the water, so I can just empty the sugar back in and start again) Put too much coffee in my mans mug. Making my man tea instead of coffee, and putting coffee in my tea. Putting my tea down for him and only realise when I bring the strong coffee up to my lips that they need to be the otherway around!

Hot drinks are so complicated!

Yup, this morning I put the milk in my tea not his. Which wouldn't have mattered so much except that mine was raspberry and echinacea tea, and the milk turned it into a pink curdled mug of hideousness. Oh dear.

SS xx

A few months ago I removed my eye makeup with nail polish remover, was pretty pissed at the time but I didn´t even notice til I woke up the next day with my eyeballs on fire :0

Miss Behaviour wrote:

A few months ago I removed my eye makeup with nail polish remover, was pretty pissed at the time but I didn´t even notice til I woke up the next day with my eyeballs on fire :0

Ha ha, now that is FUNNY!!

Well done Miss!

A few days ago my lad was practising archery in our back garden. I thought I'd have a go (I have before). Target was 25m away. Drew arrow back full pelt and eyed the bull up, no wind, dead calm then let go. Arrow clipped top of target sending it up over the back fence god only knows where it landed, hopefully not in the old lady's eye who lives at the back of us. We've not heard of any local deaths or injuries by arrow anyway. I was tempted to knock at a few suspected landing site doors to ask for it back as they're not cheap! But the coward I am and for fear of looking a right tit. . . I thought it best to write that one off! :S massive eyesight fail. SG

Oops SG! I left a clean butt plug to dry in the bathroom sink last night, not silly until you realise next morning that there's 3 teenage boys in the house, who must have used the bathroom sink at some point Nothing's been said thankfully!

Folks popped in to say hello last night on their day up frm Kernow and i tidied my room like mad - ensuring ALL toys were either safely stashed or well hidden! They come up, i've made them a cuppa and then I notice 2 things.........1 is my booby face flannel! and the other is the gert big black vibrator sat on other bedside table (behind them) the aurora (lush rechargable 1). If i go to stash it under the bed they'd look so I just sit tight and hope they dont notice it!!! DOH!!

(they didnt seem to, it was in the dark corner luckily!!) D69x

Had one of the best sessions in a long time on the living room sofa but when i came i was so loud i woke up the baby, so i couldnt finish off the OH!

She was not amused.

I stupidly put hot soup in a food processor and it burst out the top all over the kitchen - luckily I was wearing a long sleeved top and i didn't get burnt! It did however take me hours to clean off and I still keep finding bits of leek stuck in random places like behind cook books...

Ive manged to miss half of one leg when i shaved my legs today!

i just made myself a green tea and lemon and a cup of tea for my hubby unfourtently i put sugar in his tea so ive now got a normal tea and a green tea to drink!

fizzy wrote:

I've done that!

sharry wrote:

fizzy wrote:

I've done that!

I've managed to forget to do an entire leg before... That was fun.

weeeeellllllllll yes. i'm losing it. we use matches to light the hob- & just lately the dead matches have been turning up in the food

the first one was in a spag-bol when we had guests. i was totally baffled but didn't think much about it. there were more over the weeks that followed & a few days ago i actually caught myself flicking a match into the stew. done it a couple of times this weekend. it seems to be one smooth move from striking the match, to lighting the hob then flicking it in the pan...... think i'd better get the ignition switch fixed!

We shopping today and almost paid for someone elses shopping as I forgot to put the divider on the belt. Had to have about 10 items removed from my bill...

I made pumpkin pie today (yay!) and was struggling with an unfamiliar recipe.

Reading the simple part of it (the pastry) I weighed out my flour and grabbed the pack of butter - 75g ? Easy, I thought. I didn't bother to weigh it, because the packet has those little marks dividing it up into portions. As luck would have it, there were exactly three left - 25, 50, 75 . . . my luck is in tonight! Yay me!

So I made the pastry and it didn't exactly come together, but then so often my cooking doesn't. It was only when I was struggling to roll it out that I thought - Those markings weren't 25g were they? They were 50g each...

Well, these things came out of the oven in one piece, but try picking one up! It crumbles to crispy dust at the slightest touch. Which is a shame, because the filling is gorgeous...