What song/s can’t you stand? 😃

Just a bit of lighthearted fun :two_hearts:

Inspired by a post by @Peitho :joy: it got me thinking, I’m sure there are plenty of songs that are like nails down a chalkboard to people, or irritate them whenever they hear it.

Are there any songs you try and actively avoid?

The two that spring to mind for me are Santa Baby (any version) and Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush. There’s something about them both that just fuels a fiery rage in me :rofl::rofl::rofl::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

What a great question. I will give it some thought before answering as I know there will be many.

I can’t stand sweet Caroline, it has always annoyed me. Now it is used at most sporting events and gets played to death. As soon as it comes on I do an internal scream :rofl:

@MsSubExperimenter
Good question- but I so love Kate bush - just so different and talented
My husband says he remembers the first time he saw her on tv in the late 70’s and he thought she looked like a white witch with her unusual voice and look :mage:t2:

1 Like

I don’t mind Running Up That Hill, there’s just something about Wuthering Heights in particular :rofl:

All I want for Christmas by MC, really can’t abide thst song.

Loving You-Minnie Ripperton some of her vocals would shatter glass!

Forgot about that one! Yep! That’s another one for me!!

Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in the Sky :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Just under 5 minutes of some random bird screaching into a mircrophone.
Planet Rock insist on playing it, like it’s some masterpiece, but I have to turn it off.
I just truly don’t get it… Maybe it’s me… then again I really think it’s just :poop:

Rant over… and breathe :innocent:

For me its Hallelujah.

Loved the original. Recorded in 1984.

Now everyone is attempting to rerecord it. Go to a local Karaoke bar cannot get away from it. X Factor and all the other types. Of tv show.

Aaaarrrgggghhh

Pretty much anything by Paul McCartney post Beatles.

As it’s the season…Fairytale of New York, why it keeps being voted one of the best Christmas songs ever, is beyond me. It’s feckin awful!

Oh and anything by Foo Fighters, i love rock music from Classic to Thrash and everything inbetween, but their songs annoy me. Dave Grohl is a good bloke, but i wouldn’t choose to listen to Foo Fighters!

1 Like

Love Fairytale of New York :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Oh! :rofl:

I am one of those people who hardly notice the name of a song , much less the group . I am a classic rock kind of a guy and am lucky to have a great local radio station that plays about 90% of what I like . They do drag out some obscure song that does not " do it for me " . If anyone wishes to sample the station , they are on iHeart , KZOK 102.5 FM . Cringe for me is Rap , Punk and especially country . The last was from when I was living in South Dakota and 95% of everything you heard was country , got sick to death of it . At one time I rather enjoyed the Beatles , but they were played to death on radio for so many years I no longer enjoy them .

4 Likes

Just about anything from Mariah Carey.

2 Likes

Fairytale in New York for me too. Although very apt for this time of year, I literally can not listen to it, absolutely awful in every way.

2 Likes

For me, 100% it’s Cher, “Believe”. I hate that song! I don’t have a problem with Cher generally, I really rather like, “Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves” but I just can’t stand Believe. I think it’s the massive over use of the autotune distort and how hugely overplayed it was when it first came out and was number 1 for, what seemed, forever. Sets my teeth on edge.

2 Likes

Most Christmas songs and anything by mcfly or Eurovision! :see_no_evil::rofl:
Now I’m thinking about it there’s a whole long list of songs I can’t stand :joy:

2 Likes

You’ll never walk alone.

1 Like