What stockings to wear?

Going to a wedding this weekend, wearing a black knee length dress, should I wear black or tan stockings with my garter?

3 Likes

You could wear either, I think it depends on the material of the dress and the style of shoes that you’re wearing. In general, nude stockings will go with everything so would be a safe option. Try both on with the dress and shoes and see what you think looks best. If they both look nice you could share pictures on here and we could give you an opinion or just go for the most comfortable / warm option!

I would go for black, perhaps seamed.

1 Like

Defo tan as black might make the outfit look too much like a funeral :grimacing:

Yes was thinking all black would not it not look so good, maybe add a little contrast with Tan Stockings would be good

1 Like

Personally I think you could go with either. I prefer a lady in black but agree with the comments regarding funeral wear if everything is black so may be tan would be best.

Tan is a good contrast with black dresses

1 Like

It would be lovely to see you in that little black dress. Maybe you could take a pic for us all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Be more then happy too

3 Likes

I would go for tan stockings, to much black… enjoy your wedding x

2 Likes

I’d go with seasonal red. It’s a wedding not a funeral.

1 Like

The decisions us ladies have to make!!! Lol

I would suggest tan nylons with black heels. Black dress and black nylons I think looks like an outfit for a funeral.

If you wanted to make a statement, you could wear Fully Fashioned Stockings … and even more of a statement if you wore contrast seams. I have worn both with a black dress, and they look fab.

That said, I was out today in black pencil shirt and black opaque stockings!! … but it was cold lol xx

R x
R xx

3 Likes

I like all black, but I am a fan of funeral chic. You could get skin tone tights with a black or coloured seam. This page has options. Depending on the dress and the shoes, the pink could be fun if you’re a pink person.

3 Likes

Great minds thinking alike here @JoCat

R xx

3 Likes

Tan and seamed if thats not too much.

2 Likes

I love the tan ones with the pink seam

1 Like

I would prefer 5 denier black seamed stockings :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’ve got natural, black seamed with Cuban heels, mmmmm mm looks sooooo sexy!!!

2 Likes

I bet they look great

1 Like

They do Jessie.

2 Likes