What was the strangest or most random gift you have got for Christmas

Thinking back over the years,i have to chuckle at some of the gifts, i have been given,i think the worse gift, i was given was a Shakin' Stevens Album,i had no idea who the bloke was and no idea why i was bought it as a present all i know was this ole house actually was the hardest song to get out of my head,

so unfortunatly It was one of those smile and say oh wow its great thank you,then add it to the charity shop bag lol

Anyone else been given any some what strange gifts at christmas or if not strange something that you did not expect to recieve,

Got an old fashioned shaving kit from a friend of my gran, I was about 12 at the time

My mum bought me a pair of scissors for christmas when I was about 18.

When I was in college one of my mates for me a man in a can, it was some weird inflatable man, you blew up and it had chest hair and everything. It was the strangest thing I'd ever seen.

I went to my Psychology lesson, to be inturrupted by my mate knocking on the classroom door, she comes in blow up man with her blown up; to say that I'd left my man in the student hall and she wanted to return him to me, she then proceeded to put it on the empty chair next to me and leave my lecture.

a hand made bag and a box of ( aldi, cheap) sugared almonds. The hand made item wasn't made specifically for me, but a project the person wanted to do, and I assume was gifted because they couldn't be bothered to actually get me anything. especially galling as they then bragged about having "disposable income" while I'd scrimped and saved to get them their gifts from my unemployment benifit

dh wrote:

Got an old fashioned shaving kit from a friend of my gran, I was about 12 at the time

This has just made me laugh!!!

Cooking dishes from my ex I was not impressed, partners unless asked for and shown never ever buy stuff for the house it goes down likes lead balloon, for me now I love anything pink so delighted.

last christmas or the one before someone bought me a big bag of breadcrumbs from China town in London

Soya sauce from my boyfriend at the time. That was all I got from him that year.

MissTig wrote:

Soya sauce from my boyfriend at the time. That was all I got from him that year.

Light or dark?

Sum Sub wrote:

MissTig wrote:

Light or dark?

lol! If I remember correctly it was light

MissTig wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

MissTig wrote:

Light or dark?

That makes sense

I got a stappler for a birthday off my mum? I was about 8, lol I did ask for it tho!!

Sum Sub wrote:

MissTig wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

MissTig wrote:

Light or dark?

That makes sense

I know, if it had been dark it would of been silly.

I would say last year one of my friends bought me a book " The Mistress Manual" and a flogger, she did not tell me I should open it by myself, so Christmas morning i open it infront of my family, they are still laughing about it...

One year we with with some family friends for Christmas. My Uncle was also there and he bought my brother and the two other guys there (similar ages to my brother and I) a nice silk tie each.

When I opened my present form him, my face literally dropped as he had bought me a mug saying 'Canada' on it and a picture of a maple leaf on it.

An anti wrinkle cream set but I was about 14 at the time. My nan brought it me. Did wonder wether she gave me something she meant to keep for herself.

I was at my OH aunts house one Christmas and this was in the beginning of our relationship. She had a big bowl full of wrapped presents and as she seen me come in she picked one out, scribbled my name onto it and handed it me. I opened it and it was a bar of soap. I just would of rather not got anything lol! I understand she just had those presents wrapped as little gifts if anybody came around who they were not very close with/unexpected guest etc but seriously I felt awkward and regretted openeng it straight away.

I was at my OH aunts house one Christmas and this was in the beginning of our relationship. She had a big bowl full of wrapped presents and as she seen me come in she picked one out, scribbled my name onto it and handed it me. I opened it and it was a bar of soap. I just would of rather not got anything lol! I understand she just had those presents wrapped as little gifts if anybody came around who they were not very close with/unexpected guest etc but seriously I felt awkward and regretted openeng it straight away.

A spaghetti measurer! It looks like a giant knuckle duster with increasing size holes. Each hole holds enough spaghetti to feed a certain amount of people.
I had seen it on tv once and said " that's a clever idea!". However when I was handed t wrapped up in birthday paper a few months later I wasn't as excited x