What's everyone reading?

Not yet, but that’s tonight’s viewing sorted!

1 Like

There’s Five Go Mad in Dorset too, which i think is the first one.

2 Likes

We’ve got ‘Five on Brexit Island’ somewhere :joy:

1 Like

I’ve seen that one, class.

2 Likes

Start Something That Matters.

I’m working my way through my college’s ebook platform. This title popped up as I was reading #GirlBoss.

1 Like

Roald Dahl is another minefield. I’ve had to take a pencil to Revolting Rhymes. :slightly_smiling_face::pencil2:

2 Likes

1914-1918 by David Stevenson, She comes first by Ian Kerner and Chernobyl History of a tragedy by Serhii Plokhy. Makes a change from fishing books but I have all winter for that!

1 Like

I nearly laughed till I cried watching Five Go Mad In Dorset! :joy:

3 Likes

Brilliant stuff! Loved A Fistful of Travellers Cheques and Bad News too, saw them at Donington!

2 Likes

Just watched it - followed by Five Go into Rehab. Brilliant!

3 Likes

I never knew, when mine were small, if it was better to edit or read and explain. Some things can just be fun and kids work it all out in the end.
I always rather liked Princess Smartypants.

2 Likes

We’re fine with most of it, but there are a few bits that stand out. :slightly_smiling_face: The Prince cried, “Who’s this dirty slut?” in Cinderalla, and Who is this silly foreign freak? from The Cow in Dirty Beasts are a couple that may get skipped over. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m revisting RA Salvatores Legend of Drizzt Chronology at the moment. Finished the first 2 books… a crap top more to go.

1 Like

Modern Drummer Magazine anthology of all it’s Neil Peart interviews from 1980 to his final one. I don’t have many heroes, but he was top of my list.

2 Likes

Vincent’s Starry Night and Other Stories
A (children’s) history of art.
Really interesting introduction to over 50 artists through their imagined stories. In addition to the accompanying ‘works of art’ the book is beautifully illustrated by Kate Evans.
Supposedly aimed at children but fascinating for ‘grown ups’ too

2 Likes

Currently flying through “The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper” by
Hallie Rubenhold. Sooooo good - would thoroughly recommend!

3 Likes

Oh, I have a stack of worthy books to read for my book group.
We meet via Zoom at the moment and half the time no one has had the energy or wherewithal to finish that month’s book, but the organiser likes it if we all tune in regardless for the craic and social contact.
Probably a good plan - always goes down well.
But if anyone can give me a synopsis of ‘Beekeeper of Aleppo’ I could save face…

1 Like

Anthem-Rush In The 70’s music biography.

1 Like

Still have 4 books on the go. One in the car before heading to the salt mines, one at lunch, one beside the bed and Chernobyl beside my seat on the sofa. Brilliant book, can’t put it down.

2 Likes

Did you watch the tv series? Very frightening for me as i lived though it, i can remember them advising us not to buy Welsh lamb, as fall out had settled on Welsh mountains! :open_mouth:

2 Likes