What's everyone reading?

Just wondering what all you lovehoneys are reading, I’m working my way through all the classic Doctor Who’s, on the Tom Baker period at the moment.
I love paper books but am using the kindle for convenience.
:open_book: :closed_book: :blue_book: :green_book: :notebook: :books:

2 Likes

Currently reading Judas Priest’s lead singer Rob Halford’s autobiography, loving his dry wit and references my local area. Very interesting to read why he didn’t officially come out as gay until much later in his life, even though it was an open secret to most of his fans.

2 Likes

@Squirrel_and_Bunny You may want to check out the album Transitus by Ayreon, it’s a concept album narrated by Tom Baker, and he’s perfect in the role!

1 Like

Anatomy of a scandal. Just finished reading normal people and it was absolutely filthy. Worse than the bbc series :eyes:

1 Like

I will certainly look that up, he has an amazing voice.

2 Likes

Ooh! Nice thread…
I’m in a book group and we meet by Zoom now.
Once a month.
Next book (discussion in a week, haven’t read it yet) is ‘I Capture the Castle’ by Dodie Smith.
I’ve read the first few pages - so far, so good.

1 Like

Not really a reader apart from subtitles :wink:

1 Like

Garden of Eden - Hemingway : the transexual novel he didn’t share while living
Second Sex - Simone De Beauvoir
The Art of Asking - Amanda Palmer - hadn’t heard of Amanda or listened to anything by the Dresden Dolls before I picked this up but can’t put it down

1 Like

Currently latest Strike novel:
Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)
Never read any Harry Potter but I love these.

2 Likes

The Enchanted Wood - Enid Blyton

5 Likes

A peter James book but im struggling to get into it.

2 Likes

I read his collections of Peter James short stories whilst on jury service a few years ago, loved them!

1 Like

Screwfix catalogue

5 Likes

Screwfix catalogue

I’ve got that on my list for the weekend, lol. :laughing:

Edit… sorry @Lancsincheshire I tried to quote but it disappeared, :relieved:

1 Like

Loved that book as a kid!

3 Likes

I did too. :slightly_smiling_face: My kids are enjoying it as well, but I do have to stop for a chat about certain things every now and again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can’t remember much about it - I bought it for mine but they didn’t read it. There is probably a lot of non-PC stuff in there! (Goes off to dig out a copy…)

1 Like

It has been updated a little (Frannie instead of Fanny, and a few things like that), but the tone is pretty similar. I think there would be a few things to chat about anyway, as sneaking off in the middle of the night to climb a magic tree is definitely ill-advised. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it is Frannie in our copy, but I remember her name being Fanny.
‘Creepy’, the ugly thieving gnome! And a mother who hopes to take in washing to buy some hens, while father goes to work… a loaf of bread and jam for tea! Fabulous… :flushed:

Hopefully kids these days don’t creep off in the middle of the night - the doors are locked! Although I do remember one of ours at 5yrs announcing they were going to run away and join a children’s home… Same kid could climb (trees and climbing frames) before they could walk - I tried really hard not to say, ‘careful!’, but to stand and wait - heart in hand.

Still, good stories for imaginative kids.

2 Likes

Slightly off topic, but have either of you seen The Comic Strip Presents Five Go Mad on Mescaline, parody? Hilarious!

4 Likes