When parents find toys...

So I rarely get embarrassed and I'm a very open person, but as I'm sitting in my boyfriends bed while he's at work his mum walks through the door and quickly shuffles out looking embarrassed.

I sit there for a while trying to fathom what had bothered her, and realised my bright pink vibrator is sitting on the window sill staring right at the door!

Please ground... swallow me.

I was wondering if anyone else had been in a situation where your own/friend/partners family member has stumbled across something you’d rather they hadn't?

Oh god how embarrassing!

The worst time for me was when I was sneaking to the bathroom to give 2 of my toys a clean after I'd just used them, and my dad appeared out of nowhere and started talking to me on the landing while they were in my hands... and covered in my 'juices'! I was desperately trying to conceal them behind my back but not sure I did a very good job... I'm hoping he was too naiive to know what they were!

Oh yes. When he was younger my son presented my rabbit vibrator to my father, with the rotation and vibrations on high. I wasn't home, so he threw it at my mother and told her 'sort that out'. That was just hilarious!

I'm so happy my mum doesn't snoop around my room. One draw in my desk contains 4 dildos, a vibrator, lube. a butt plug and various toy cleaners. Would be hard to explain why her "totally straight" son has all these toys. :P

I've left lube out before because I've had nowhere to put it. I just turn it so the label is against the wall and it looks like hand cream or something. I've had a few close calls, but so far got away with it everytime. :P

Oh God I would just die in any of those situations!!

Thankfully OH and I have our own place so my only worry is my two year old finding something and running out waving it about in front of guests!! ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

I often worry the morning after a few frinks and a good session if I've tidied away absolutely everything. I get so paranoid I just have to get up early to check incase someone calls. The other rv morning it was my Doc Johnson Good Head spray!!!!!

Another thing that worries me is who's going to dispose of my sex toy collection when I die??!! ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

A little morbid I know but I don't want my children discovering them!!! ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

Luckly since introducing my mother to sex toys we no longer have those embarrassing moments. My biggest problem would be thinking I lost one, only to find it in her bedroom. L She doesn't care but she knows I won't take it back after that! Lol xx

Last week I spent a bit of time in hospital and even though I had washed and ironed quite a lot of my clothes beforehand, my mum decided she would wash every single item of my clothing she found in our laundry room (unsurprisingly enough, I had definitely not asked her to do so, she just wanted to be helpful). In the end, she couldn't fit everything into my linen&lingerie cupboard and she decided to put some of my blouses and T-shirts on the shelf in my wardrobe. Even though most of my toys are stored in yet another cupboard, there was my large LH toy case and my Tracey Cox Glass Dildo Set box (I have not binned it just yet) on that very shelf... I came back home on Friday - the TC box has mysteriously moved one shelf down, and a stack of neatly ironed T-shirts and tops have appeared on the upper shelf... Ah well, I know my mum knows I have some sex toys (I have actually shown her what a rabbit looks like - she was mildly curious, having read about vibes in some magazine), and now it is obvious she has seen some of my glass... But when I think about it, it is hardly anything to be ashamed of, I guess there are many moments that might prove more embarrassing or troublesome. I am 28, after all, I live in a country that is perfectly okay with sex toys (yeah, some people over here think these are silly stuff for aging virgins but even though I am an aging virgin I don't really care), I have a good relationship with my mum (even though I would definitely not buy her any sex toys I have bought some Roza and Bluebella bras for her - from LH), and every toy I own is always meticulously clean and free of any juices. I have decided I am not going to feel particularly embarrassed, lol.

I don't get why people get embarrassed, well, super mortified.
Like Bri says, it's not really anything to be embarrassed about, and you're an adult, so why can't you have these things?

I don't live with my parents so I don't have this issue, but if I need my dad to fix something in our room, I do have to do a quick sweep to put all the hitty sticks away- for his sake.

I have a habit of leaving clean toys in the bathroom to dry too, and visitors are often confronted by them if they choose to use that loo.
I'm pretty open about stuff like this so most of my friends know I have a good collection, but a couple of them get hilariously embarrassed :')

Oh god, quite recently myself and the OH wear getting dressed in my room having just showered together post playtime. While in the bathroom I'd cleaned the morning's toys (my Mona 2 and Rosa) and they were sat on the bed drying on some paper towels. I was sat on the other side of the bed plucking my eyebrows when mum knocks on the door asking if she can talk to me for a bit. I say yeah, come on in.

She enters and starts talking when I look round at my OH who is staring at the bright red and green vibrators sat in clear view right next to me. He slowly edges round the bed and sits on the toys while I try to maintain eye contact with my mother who turns around and leaves. Awks.

All I can say is at least they were both gorgeous, high end toys that I have absolutely no embarrassment about owning and would probably have told her how great they are if she asked!

BlissfulB wrote:

So I rarely get embarrassed and I'm a very open person, but as I'm sitting in my boyfriends bed while he's at work his mum walks through the door and quickly shuffles out looking embarrassed.

I sit there for a while trying to fathom what had bothered her, and realised my bright pink vibrator is sitting on the window sill staring right at the door!

Please ground... swallow me.

I was wondering if anyone else had been in a situation where your own/friend/partners family member has stumbled across something you’d rather they hadn't?

I wouldn't let it worry you unless his mother is going to be your mother in law ( only joking :) )

Seriously I wouldn't let it worry you.

I would mention it to your BF though just in case she starts having a "funny one" with him and he doesn't know the reason why.

I had a similar case, well embarrasement factor anyway. My gran in my younger days came into the room and caught me with my trousers loosened with my manhood in my then GF's hand and spraying my GF's dress with white stuff.

My gran and I never spoke about it as we were both too embarrased . I suggest this may happen here in your case so just act normally as if nothing has happened . I think you will be fine .

Good luck .

When I was a young boy which is a long long time ago 50+ years still at home i had a small towel for wiping things as our toilet was outside I went to my hiding place and shock horrer there was a clean one neatly folded I loved my mother!

Left a double ended blue dildo on my breafast bar once, drying. Forgot it was there and went out for the day and my mum came round to let the dog out ! She said she had a great time playing with the dog and his new toy - my dildo had teeth marks in it !! lol

It was this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32956

and to this day she often asks what happened to his toy !!

I've been staying at my mum's while I find a new flat. My sister, who is eight years younger than me, has a tendency to "borrow" clothes/hair spray etc. Of course she will never admit to going through my drawers but recently she called me a "kinky cookie"! I can only assume she saw the ball gags, nipple clamps, vibrators...

I live at my parents but hiding stuff isn't too bad as they are not nosy.

But a while back i had left some cuffs attached to the corners of my bed frame under re mattress. While I'm at work my mum decides the blitz my room and move stuff around.

When I came home my bed was completely re-made and she just said don't worry I left everything attached...

I could of died.

Racer248 wrote:

I live at my parents but hiding stuff isn't too bad as they are not nosy.

But a while back i had left some cuffs attached to the corners of my bed frame under re mattress. While I'm at work my mum decides the blitz my room and move stuff around.

When I came home my bed was completely re-made and she just said don't worry I left everything attached...

I could of died.

Lol !!

My mum is staying at my house over the weekend to dog sit as oh and I are away for a night.You've made me think now - need to remove the underbed restraint from our bed and hide the toy box ! ;)

My Mum came to visit but arrived earlier than usual, let herself into my house as I was fast asleep and decided to go to the bathroom where my beginners butt plug and beaded butt plug were on the sink drying!

Fortunately my Mum isn't a prude, she didn't ask what they were for specifically but she would have had a good idea!

My mother and I have a very...odd relationship. She dislikes sex toys and talking seriously about sex but always used to be interested in my sex toy orders and would ask to see my acqusitions. I suppose she was just nosy =P

Still I don't have any shame about my sex toy collection. As a blogger I've pretty much accepted that at least one sex toy will be in view of people at any given moment. I basically forget that they're there so hiding them doesn't even cross my mind.

My parents, equally, have come to expect this so neither of them are shocked when they see that I have dildos scattered around my humble abode.

It's the same situation with my friends. In fact I'll often have open discussions with my friends about my sex toys and let them feel the vibrations, texture etc. of my collection. They all had a great time with my ElectraStim kit, for example.

However there was one time when my aunt came round. She isn't as aware of my blogging and is very in the dark about sex toys generally.

I remember her coming into my bedroom to chat with me and I had a dildo on the bed. As soon as she walked in her eyes widened as she locked sight on the exposed sex toy and swiftly made her excuses and bailed.

It wasn't something I was personally ashamed about but it was a bit amusing.

I don't live with my parents anymore but when I visited for christmas the year before last I left a Tantus toy there - it was pastel striped, and looks like a weird decoration or very tiny dildo.

My mum put one of those innocent smoothie hats on it and sent me a picture.

sleepycelia wrote:

I don't live with my parents anymore but when I visited for christmas the year before last I left a Tantus toy there - it was pastel striped, and looks like a weird decoration or very tiny dildo.

My mum put one of those innocent smoothie hats on it and sent me a picture.

That's amazing!