Which chastity cage?

I’ve been interested in chastity play for some time and have been following a number of threads on here with great interest, most notably @Senator experiment post started earlier this year

I’ve been trying to work out the best type of cage but keep getting confused as to which is the best type. I’ve narrowed my search down to these two and would welcome your thoughts as to which one and why?

Silicone cage:
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38254

Or the metal cage:
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37791

I haven’t had a lot of success with silicone cages. They are flexible and in my experience they allow all you bits and pieces to escape when they shouldn’t. The one you’re looking at is a hybrid silicone/metal combination though so I have no experience of these.

The metal one you are looking at is my go-to cage. I find it very comfortable and very secure. My wife loves the look of it too.

Personally I use the metal cage when we’re having sex, purely for it’s aesthetic appeal and a transparent CB6000 for everyday use. The metal cage is much easier to keep clean though.

1 Like

With cages, the two measurements that matter are obviously the length of the cage but also the diameter of the ring that sits behind your balls. Get the ring right and you will be of to a good start.
Now wrap something flexible around your balls, do it fairly tight but not constricting. Take that measurement compare it to the cages on offer. Of the two you listed, the silicon one showed no ring size and the all steel a ring of 1.75inches. I have that steel one but with a ring size of 2 inches. So look for the tape and get measuring.

2 Likes

Hi @brufton

I have no experience with any other cage than the Dominix Delux steel one, I have been wearing it pretty much full time since getting it.

There are certainly “adjustments” you need to factor in -

Ring Burn - its a thing. The steel of the ring behind your balls can pull at the skin and create a burning sensation. This can be mildly discomfortable or quite painful. When it happens I usually adjust the skin back there, with either more or less skin through the ring and it settles down. This was more problematic in the first few weeks than it is now, but every now and then I still have to make the adjustment.

Forget standing to pee. Actually, I quite like sitting to pee now, its far more relaxing and there is no chance of a mess. Only time its mildly problematic is when you are out if there aren’t enough stalls or they are nasty.

As Modo says above, the measurement of the ring is important. The steel cage comes with only one ring, if its the right size then all well and good, but it could easily be too small (which would constrict your bloodflow to the testicles and be very harmful) or too loose (and then your balls would simply retract through the ring and the cage fall off).

The “wrap something flexible” can be as simple as a piece of string. Start at the top of your penis against your abdomen, then run the string (or whatever) around behind your testicles then back to the top. Make sure your balls are hanging naturally and that you aren’t aroused. Pull it taught but not tight, you shouldn’t feel like its squeezing. Do this a few times and different times of the day and under different conditions (just out of shower, morning, night etc). This will give you an idea as to what size ring you need (unless you are larger or smaller than average, the 1.75 will probably be okay, but you do need to check and be careful).

The size of your flacid penis is also important. If the cage is too long or too wide, when you become aroused, your erection will form more than if the cage was snuggly fitting (stopping it before starting or at an earlier stage), this can be more painful (creates tension on the base ring causing more ring burn plus the constricting feeling around your penis).

If you plan to try and sleep with it on, expect interrupted sleep. Nocturnal erections happen and with the cage, this will create ring burn and constriction as above. Its usually eased by simply going for a pee, but it can be offputting for some.

I don’t mean to come across as being negative on chastity, nor the device itself. I am locked 6 out of 7 nights and almost every day. I am really getting into the feeling of “constantly horny” and have been without orgasm for about 9 days now (longest period 15 days) and the feeling of freedon you get from giving up your own pleasure to focus on your partners is liberating. The “high” you get from a sex session where you may only get a glancing brush of your cage (or nothing at all) but your partner is left in complete sexual satisfaction is an awesome feeling (and nearly better than an orgasm, it lasts longer).

As I said before, the deluxe steel cage is the only one I have tried and I find it comfortable most of the time. I work in it, I’m at home in it, I play golf in it, I sleep in it and unless I’m unlocked by Mrs Sen, I have “sex” in it. It actually feels weird not having it on when I remove it for the one night of the week I have sport in which it would be hazardous to wear it.

Good luck with your search

3 Likes

Another important dimension is the gap between the ring and the cage through which your testicles fit. Too large and the y will keep pulling through. Too small and it will constrict and be painful.

The plastic cages tend to have spacers which make this gap adjustable. The steel cage, fortunately was ideal for me straight out of the box.

1 Like

Another tip. The lock can make a clunking sound as you move. This is no problem at home but when you’re out in public you can stick it down with blu tak.

I use 45mm ring size (with the smallest spacer on the plastic cage).

Reading these posts makes it sound complicated but it really isn’t and the people doing this seem to be having a great time. I can thoroughly reccomend it.

Thanks all @rockstar @Modo @Senator

Definitely not put me off, just made sure I don’t make the rookie errors :joy:

Will get measuring to make sure I get the right size. Doubt I’ll be doing long term play but never say never.

Another thought (prior to you spending a fair amount of money on a cage not knowing if the main ring is the right size) might be to try this range …

It includes one that is 4.5cm (who knows why they have given the measurements in inches). That way you can also find out they feel (constriction) when you are hard and see how easy it might slide off when soft (remember metal cages can be quite heavy).

My naughty friend was inspecting me in my cage at the weekend. I don’t know if it was the weather :cold_face: but thinks I need a smaller cage
Do other people have smaller cages for when the weather is cold?

2 Likes

As someone who has worked through a number of cages the only recommendation I would give is not to spend too much until you find a cage that works for you. I have worked through metal, silicon, plastic and 3d printed of different sizes and different styles. Also cages that work for a day may not work for a week.

The advice above about the importance of measuring is really good.

Personally I prefer the cages with integrated lock as they dont have the added annoyance of a small padlock rattling around and that makes them more comfortable in my experience.

3 Likes