Who's cooking what tonight?

Nando’s style chicken from major supermarket, oven chips, peri-peri rice, some coleslaw. Just have to remember to make sure I get the chicken in the over by 4pm!!!

Homemade chinese chicken curry, egg fried rice. Probably have some naans (not chinese I know but they do go with it)

1 Like

Not much cooking involved, hot smoked salmon and watercress salad with horseradish creme fraice dressing and jersey royal new potatoes

3 Likes

Just about to steam some mussels in garlic butter sauce with a ciabatta bread

4 Likes

Beef Pappardelle and garlic bread and a glass of red wine

1 Like

Local takeaway kebab and fries all round CBA day

1 Like

Takeaway for us tonight too :yum:

1 Like

Friday night, going out for a bite after work.

1 Like

Date night so it’s a cliché but a local butchers rib fillet steak each, oven roasted tomatoes with olive oil and salt, buttered chestnut mushrooms and wilted spinach. Like I said clichéd but we both enjoy it!

2 Likes

It’s steak night! I’m not a big meat eater but do enjoy the occasional steak :yum: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Mrs Pootle has just cooked me a monster T bone and it was bloody delicious

2 Likes

Monster barbecue over the weekend - still finishing off leftovers :grin:

1 Like

Irish stew is in the slowcooker :wink:

1 Like

BBQ burgers. Simple and minimal clean up perfect for a Friday evening.

Not exactly cooking as I’m only having a cheese salad

1 Like

Burger and chips for us :hamburger::fries:

2 Likes

Roasted chicken.

1 Like

Braised beef with roast potatoes and honey glazed carrots :smiling_face:

1 Like

Plant based ‘steak’, a new one that is like filet mignon and it was soooo good! I had it it with asparagus, sautéed potatoes with garlic, rosemary and sea salt and roasted garlic aioli :yum:

1 Like

Sorry, Amy. I grew up in “The Beef State” (NE). “Plant based ‘steak’” is fine, if you like pork-based corn-on-the-cob.

To clarify, I moved to CA after college. It took about two years before I got what I considered a proper steak, and that was prepped by a friend who worked in a steak house, and pulled a very moldy T-bone out of the back of the fridge. YUM! Didn’t need a knife, and very juicy!

The rest of the dinner sounds great, though. I trust a proper grape-based red wine was involved.