Who's cooking what tonight?

I’m thinking maybe tuna poke bowl to be trendy and see what the fuss is about

Ok, have to ask. What even is a poke bowl? Im getting strange mental images of spear fishing crossed with a tuna salad

Ha ha! You’re probably not that far off the origin actually. It’s a Hawaiian dish, rice or other grains topped with raw fish, raw vegetables, a sauce/dressing and various other toppings as you like such as seaweed, sesame seeds etc - bit like deconstructed sushi I guess or a Buddha bowl.

Huh. Sounds nice (bar the sesame.) might have to try that one.

Yeah I won’t be putting sesame seeds on mine, never been a fan!

That brought someone being unhygienic with food and a cock to mind. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

:joy: knew someone would say it, should have known it would be you :rofl:

1 Like

We made chilli tonight :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Had my folks over, then having not seen the grandkids for over 14 months! So thought I’d do a massive Roast! So cooked a huge beef topside with carrots, french beans, braised leeks, jersey potatoes and brocolli - and even if I do say so myself some of the most impressive yorkies ive ever made. They got so big i nearly couldn’t get them out of the oven. And once I’ve finished doing the kids bedtimes I’ll have a lush beef and horseradish sarnie for tea! Yum! It was amazing to finally see my folks and give them a hug…and double excited as my wife is back from ten days away and hopefully tonight she’ll try on some new LH lingerie for me (praying she’s not too tired)

6 Likes

@BLovesC good on you I hope things went well ? I recently started making my own Yorkeies previously they never rose but tried again now are a really hit every time :+1:

2 Likes

Food waste Rib eye steak and onions
thanks Amazon
as you don’t pay taxes it appears you make enough profit to throw food like this away!

4 Likes

Mmmm homemade yorkies are the BEST!

3 Likes

There are some amazing food waste apps/systems now - I could eat bakery products all day long for free if I wanted!

Never seem to be quick enough to get the good stuff tho! But it’s the way forward…didn’t realise Amazon did it!

1 Like

Meat Free Monday

In honour of Linda McCartney and thanks to a beautiful partner who bought me the book, I’ve been ‘meat free’ at least once a week for the last ten years with only two accidental slips ups. Tonight it’s:

Linda M Vegetarian Shredded Hoisin Duck: I cooked it with green peppers and onions in a black bean sauce - it was actually pretty nice

5 Likes

@Melody1 - sounds yummy! :yum:

It’s pizza night tonight. Vegan spicy cauliflower pizza with added garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Bit of a fave of mine. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What do you use instead of the duck @Melody1 ?

Macaroni cheese tonight, uncomplicated.

1 Like

That’s the Linda McCartney stuff - it’s actually pretty good

oh, its soy protein. Wasnt expecting quorn type stuff, thought it was a veg recepie :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Roast pork, cauliflower cheese, stuffing etc - leftovers from Sunday :drooling_face:

2 Likes

The teen cooks about twice a week. Was spaghetti bolognese tonight. From scratch, and beautiful. Such a good kid.

4 Likes