Why are anal sex toys for men shaped to still look like a penis

Ok so hubby has nerve damage ( medical condition) meaning reduced sensitivity he can still feel things but last ages and requires extra stimulation to ejaculate, we’re trying for a baby and I only have one tube and early menopause is starting so we have no time to loose been together 3.5 years. To help hubby ejaculate we need to add as much stimulation and pleasure as possible this is done as a combo of vibrating butt plugs fir us both or vibrating dildo for him and butt plug for me during sex so it works by stimulating his gspot in sex plus feeling the vibes from my butt plug through my vaginal walls while he’s in my vagina this has been working well we also use ovulation tests too.

His gripe is that butt plugsarnt so bad visually but dildos do look very realistic to penis’s which if your gay man is probably very pleasing but if your straight man may find it less than appealing personally and while nobody else knows straight men may feel better with something that looks not as visually like an actual penis, rather than veins he prefer patterns, rather than a penis head shape he’d prefer something more ball or egg shaped he’d also like something that has vibration from tip all through the shaft, but also affordable too, he knows he needs to use it to maximise ejaculation and does but dildos looking like a real penis he finds a bit off putting and one not looking like a replica penis would be more of a turn on for him.
He doesn’t have any homophobic issues either as we have multiple gay family members and friends as he said being straight a replica penis doesn’t turn him on but if was styled so didn’t look an exact penis although similar shape would be more of a turn on

Do any other straight guys feel similar do you wish for more toys that visually are not a replica penis

2 Likes

I agree what u mean I think maybe there should be a straight dildo range of none dick looking dildos gay guys and women love dick in them but straight guys don’t find it appealing why can’t the dildo be very smooth with a shape pattern on it or just a plain shape simply ? Maybe someone should start drawing designs to put forward to creators ?

Agreed, there’s definitely a market for it and even better if rechargeable too, I love vibrating toys and would love some that’s stronger but much quieter especially with a couple of teenagers in the house hubby would need one to be powerfully vibrating but we would need it to be fairly quiet too, hopefully the sales and design team reads this or the request the members to design toys like they did years ago x

1 Like

Can I ask what he would like? Just a staight smooth dildo?
There are non-realistic dildos like This, or maybe something like This glass one, or if its sensations you after what about This bad boy.
But I do get what you mean, 99% of dildos are cocked shaped and if you don’t like cock like myself then I can see why straight men might have a problem with it.

1 Like

They did have vibrating anal beads on here. That would be a good option if you want something less penis shaped.

There are some good vibrating non anatomical options out there

1 Like

There is a whole section of unrealistic dildos, you will find if you read the descriptions that the features serve a purpose.
Also not one of the prostate massagers look like a penis.
Just be specific with your search words :tipping_hand_man:t2:

3 Likes

Most of the prostate massagers aren’t realistic penis shaped. This Mantric One for example is pretty typical (I picked the Mantric as I personally love the rumbly vibration of the range and the fact the remote is also rechargeable but there are a lot of others similar). How about trying one of them?

2 Likes

If the nerve damage is within the penis rather than further up inside the body I wonder if the ElectraStim Viper would have a good effect. I use it further back so the ends go behind my balls and it works on the nerves within the penis at that point so much it actually feels like the whole length is being stimulated up to the head. I haven’t used it while having sex as well though so there may be issues with keeping it on. Possibly one cock loop plus a sticky pad on the perineum would work better. The dildo is also nice and very unrealistic looking and gives an exciting rimming type feeling if the end is just pressed lightly against the anus rather than inserted. You’d also need a stimulator unit such as the KIX or a TENS machine as shown in my profile.

2 Likes

I am a big fan of the rimming plugs too. They may be a good option to consider.

There are quite a few toys that go round the balls as well, and some vibrate.

Another option is using P spot wand attachment

You can also buy dildo attachments for wands, or get a suction cup dildo and stick it onto one

1 Like

Yes I can definitely see what he means on this and think there are some variations of dildos on the LH site what aren’t penis shaped :slightly_smiling_face: maybe have a browse with him

At first I didn’t like realistic looking dildos either, there are some smooth dildo’s but there isn’t much choice. Some double headed dildos from Doc Johnson are really smooth and doen’t really look like a cock.

I consider straight but now I absolutely love realistic dildo’s because the feeling is way more pleasurable and intense because or the realistic veins and head. Also riding a realistic dildo doesn’t make you gay or something and seeing my wife with a big realistic strap on is and was a unexpected a really big turn on.

2 Likes

Cos guys like getting f*cked by guys ???

1 Like

I think sex toys on the forum are generally referred to as being suitable for body parts rather than genders or sexualities, as it’s a much more inclusive way of referencing them.

There are certainly realistic and non-realistic dildos that can be used anally. I haven’t looked at Lovehoney’s current selection, but I know they have had a fair selection of both in the past. A lot of people, regardless of gender or sexuality, prefer the non-realistic variety as they don’t like the look of the ‘chopped off body part’ ones. :slightly_smiling_face:

A lot of dildos are very ‘shaft-like with a bobble on the end’ so could be construed as penis-y if you squint hard enough. Though if you have a length/girth/texture/look in mind and Lovehoney don’t stock it you can always add a post describing what you want to the Pander to me! .. PRODUCTS ONLY topic? It can be a slow turnaround (if the idea is picked up at all), but at least it gives it a chance.

The glass dildos are generally more abstract, though double-check which are suitable for anal use before you buy. :+1:

2 Likes

There are some good non anatomical options out there. Spotsheets, avant and funfactory all make good dildos. Lovehoney also make some nice ones

Metal and glass dildos can be a good option if your looking for something less penis shaped too.
Or picking one in a mad colourway can help.

I think the issue is your after something that vibrates, and most of those are penis shaped. Ive seen a few non anatomical ones, but the only one i can find currently that LH stocks is this

2 Likes

Yeah, I prefer non-realistic toys, and would like it if it was the norm. But at the same time not complaining too hard once I get going :face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile:

Where you can, don’t buy flesh coloured. The end of the toy is shaped for gspot and prostate pleasure so its got a purpose and most have some sort of raised lines on it for added stimulation. Smooth might not be as fun. I prefer ridged over smooth myself, it feels better.

2 Likes

A lot of the prostate massagers don’t reach his gspot as his appears to be a bit higher up than they reach hence we use the dildos as they longer if that makes sense trouble is longer are all dildos that penis shaped x

As long as its anal safe, you can use g spot dildos to p spot :+1:

There are several sportsheets pegging dildos just in, and ive just realised this one also vobrates

It is not a suction cup dildo though, so if you want to stick it to something you’ll need a double ended suction cup

These are the other two that are in the shop, but its probubly not sporaheets whole range

Theres also the funfactory flex, which is posable so you can make it any angle. There is also a longer version, but lovehoney dont stock it any more sadly. Ive heard really good things about them for g and p spotting

4 Likes