Why Are Condom's So Boring!

Little Lady wrote:

You can get all these different kinds of condoms now! The Love ones by Durex are meant to be good. =P

They are! I first tried them In Barca, as much as I hate the cocksocks they are definitely my fave!

HAHAHAHA cocksocks! I have never heard of that in my life! I'm using that in future! ;)

I will have to try those. ;)

Your welcome to it... only if you also start calling testicles tallywags. Its a victorian slang word I think should well be back in use!

You ask "Why are condoms boring?"

My answer:

They're not boring. You, and many others, just think they are. They're just a necessary object people should use when practising safe sex. They were never created to be interesting or fun, they were created to protect people from pregnancy and STDs.

Although there are lots of different types of condoms that exist now to try and make things more fun, such as glow-in-the-dark condoms and flavoured condoms, they don't distract from the main and actual purpose; to protect.

So, the reason why they're boring is because they're meant to be plain and protective...and because you think so :-) To each their own!!

A bit of a resurrection here but what a good idea these are:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19829

Condoms and lube! If they're unlikely to pop they could be great for nights out.

I keep thinking they should make novelty grafiti-able condoms! Mainly so I can have another excuse for playing with DD ... never know, I might win the turner prize with it too

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

I keep thinking they should make novelty grafiti-able condoms! Mainly so I can have another excuse for playing with DD ... never know, I might win the turner prize with it too External Media

xxKPxx

Huh? Draw on his cock or something?

Condoms ARE getting better! And funkier and funner - I promise. We recently some some of the new products that will be launching with Durex over the next few months and there are some funky new ideas there that will definitely capture the interest of the younger market. Until they launch here are a few of my faves;

Pasante Halo Condoms - cute butterflies, flowers and pretty patterns make these nicer to carry around.

Pasante Rider Condoms - eagles, dragons and Chinese symbols make these ones cooler

Loops Designer Condoms - very swish, very French - Oui?

Meditech Dolphin Condoms - an interesting and unique shape

There really are lots and lots of new condoms coming on to the market and some exciting developments going on. Perhaps they are not as quick as other industries and this is because of the long term testing that is required for any new product to enter the market.

Ohh - Tattoo/Grafiti style condoms - now that is a good idea!

The Love Letter condoms are prettier than usual too x

headsouth wrote:

This really all passes me by... why do they need to do anything whatsoever?? from their thickness and the likes any stimulation is just marginal at best, I'd much rather that they were just cheap and effective! We just got a hug bag on condomi ones and they're great, and they do nothing interesting whatsoever. In fact because they are so cheap it makes it trivial to get through as many as we feel like in one session, rather than thinking that I need to use them carefully and not waste them becuase we only have a few and they cost about a pound a go. WHen they cost us about 10p each, who cares? on, off, on, off... super!

But if you use condoms every time you have sex, surely you want something that feels good? Sex is all about pleasure after all - why dampen it if you can avoid to? I guess it all comes down to what's important to you and how much you're prepared to spend..at least there's a lot of variety available!

Adx

headsouth wrote:

This really all passes me by... why do they need to do anything whatsoever?? from their thickness and the likes any stimulation is just marginal at best, I'd much rather that they were just cheap and effective! We just got a hug bag on condomi ones and they're great, and they do nothing interesting whatsoever. In fact because they are so cheap it makes it trivial to get through as many as we feel like in one session, rather than thinking that I need to use them carefully and not waste them becuase we only have a few and they cost about a pound a go. WHen they cost us about 10p each, who cares? on, off, on, off... super!

Some just look pretty too! Fashion, meh, certainly not my thing but it matters to some people.

I've never found one that actually feels any different for me though. Do men find that there is much difference brand to brand/in different styles?

telemachus wrote:

I've never found one that actually feels any different for me though. Do men find that there is much difference brand to brand/in different styles?

Most are pretty similar. Although I do love the Durex Love. They're the closet I've came to not wearing them, well beyond not wearing them.

Might give them a go then, are they just thinner?

headsouth wrote:

Meh, the whips and chains feel the same, whatever is on my penis at the time! I've just never really noticed and dampening, and all the flavours and things just seem daft to me... esp when they're too expensive to take of before coming to taste it all properly and afterwards it's all done with...

You're lucky then! WandA really notices a difference and so do I!

Before my skin got worse, I loved dots on condoms! And the Durex Love ones are really thin and sleek.

I don't get flavours - but it's good that they're available because if you want to avoid STIs you really should use them for blowjobs and rubber doesn't taste good.

I'm glad I don't have to use them anymore, but if I did, variety is the spice of life!

Adx

telemachus wrote:

Might give them a go then, are they just thinner?

I think so yeah, also seem to have a better slippy feel to them once on anyway. There might be something else too but I just can't place it...

I think its sillly to say teenages would use condoms if they were more fun. when i first started having sex i used a condom not because they were super fun but because i didn't want a baby at 16...

the girls and boys who don't use condoms aren't doing so because they don't find them fun, but because they don't think it will happen to them, or they will just get an abortion or because they want to be parents.

it is never because condoms don't have funny patterns....

VW x

* i mean they aren't using them and it is not because they don't find them fun

I think most people who don't use them is becuase they feel a bit rubbish. A shame people are willing to put thier health at risk for such a kick but I think that's how it is.