Why is Sex Toy Testing so Hot?!?!?!?

Sooo... me and my OH happily buy anything that takes our fancy on LoveHoney and have sooo much fun rocking those toys; But... there is something about the idea of officially "testing" a toy and writing a review which is such a turn on for us vs just buying what you want!!! Is it just us?

Thing is sex toy tester is a fantastic opportunity but the odds of getting chosen aren't that high, unless u buy a shed load and review it all and beg in the forum lol also there is only a few things on there at a time and not the whole shop lol (if only) personally the best bit is u can share ur wishlist and other people could potentially buy u ur toys! Other people pay for u to get down dirty with the toys they know u have got! ;P

Having the choice to be a tester is an amazing priveledge that lovehoney bestow upon us.

Essence wrote:

Thing is sex toy tester is a fantastic opportunity but the odds of getting chosen aren't that high, unless u buy a shed load and review it all and beg in the forum lol also there is only a few things on there at a time and not the whole shop lol (if only) personally the best bit is u can share ur wishlist and other people could potentially buy u ur toys! Other people pay for u to get down dirty with the toys they know u have got! ;P

Yeah - I agree Essence; the odds are long and the "shopping list" is limited each time but me and the OH where thinking that's kinda the turn on... you may try something that otherwise you wouldnt necessarily be bothered to buy and then rock the rocks off on something new. The trick is getting selected to be a tester! One day!!!!!

pinkanimal wrote:

Having the choice to be a tester is an amazing priveledge that lovehoney bestow upon us.

Agreed! For us it isnt about the value of the toy, just the thought of being sent something in a little bundle and asked if we would be kind enough to see if we could "get off" on what's inside and share our experience is a massive turn-on. Fingers-crossed LoveHoney ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

We love receiving the email first notifying us that we have been selected to test a product and then its a case of waiting for it to arrive mostly next day so not that bad and the excitement of opening the package is amazing. We find it a big turn on too :)

Fair point funfor 2 đź‘Ť true meaning of surprise sex!

jayandrach wrote:

We love receiving the email first notifying us that we have been selected to test a product and then its a case of waiting for it to arrive mostly next day so not that bad and the excitement of opening the package is amazing. We find it a big turn on too :)

I think that's exactly it Jayandrach... the excitement of knowing something is coming, the thought of Lovehoney knowing exactly what they are selecting, packaging, and sending to you and what you are then going to do with it, then sharing your very personal experience with the world for them to share in your experience without it becoming all weird and degraded.. I just love the idea of it

Firstly, it's not very rare that you get chosen to be a tester. If you buy products and do detailed reviews of them then you will get chosen to review something, it's really not that hard.

Secondly, BEGGING for things on the forum will NOT get you chosen. You can beg until you're blue in the face, but unless you have well written reviews you will not get chosen. The woman who sends out testers, Cazz, simply doesn't have the time to read the forums and see who's begging for what. You will be selected by being a good reviewer, not by begging. At all.

MrsMcX wrote:

Firstly, it's not very rare that you get chosen to be a tester. If you buy products and do detailed reviews of them then you will get chosen to review something, it's really not that hard.

Secondly, BEGGING for things on the forum will NOT get you chosen. You can beg until you're blue in the face, but unless you have well written reviews you will not get chosen. The woman who sends out testers, Cazz, simply doesn't have the time to read the forums and see who's begging for what. You will be selected byGood being a good reviewer, not by begging. At all.

Good knowledge MrsMcX: new to Lovehoney forum discussions so thanks for sharing your experience of testing. As such, out of interest is that what people do? (Begging on forums for items?). Haven’t seen it yet and hoping you're not insinuating that my thread is such??? My question was in genuine regard to the turn on of testing and everyone who has responded seems to address that question for how it was intended?

Fun for 2 wrote:

MrsMcX wrote:

Secondly, BEGGING for things on the forum will NOT get you chosen. You can beg until you're blue in the face, but unless you have well written reviews you will not get chosen. The woman who sends out testers, Cazz, simply doesn't have the time to read the forums and see who's begging for what. You will be selected byGood being a good reviewer, not by begging. At all.

Good knowledge MrsMcX: new to Lovehoney forum discussions so thanks for sharing your experience of testing. As such, out of interest is that what people do? (Begging on forums for items?). Haven’t seen it yet and hoping you're not insinuating that my thread is such??? My question was in genuine regard to the turn on of testing and everyone who has responded seems to address that question for how it was intended?

I think she was referring to Essence's comment in which they said "but the odds of getting chosen aren't that high, unless u buy a shed load and review it all and beg in the forum lol" - which is not how the testing program works.

In regards to the initial post - I don't particularly find it a turn on - I approach writing reviews the same way I would when writing a review for a book, or a DVD or a piece of clothing I might have bought.

DavidB1986 wrote:

Fun for 2 wrote:

MrsMcX wrote:

I think she was referring to Essence's comment in which they said "but the odds of getting chosen aren't that high, unless u buy a shed load and review it all and beg in the forum lol" - which is not how the testing program works.

In regards to the initial post - I don't particularly find it a turn on - I approach writing reviews the same way I would when writing a review for a book, or a DVD or a piece of clothing I might have bought.

Ahhh... ok i missed it. Thanx David; gottcha. Although I think by Essence's comment with a "lol" it was probably more of a comment in jest of what they have observed in forums as opposed to them saying how it works. Like I say, I am soooooooooooooo new to forums on here and loving it! Last thing i want is to turn a fun thread into something serious

I love getting testers, but not for the usual reason. Sure, free sex toys are awesome, and it's let me try things I'm not necessarily sure on, or sure as hell can't afford, but I love it more as it feels like a payback and validation of my reviewing and writing skill. I wanted to be a journalist, author, or anything to do with writing forever, and so while it may seem small, every tester I get is a really big achievement for me in that I'm clearly writing both well, and in a likeable style.

The testing itself, is so so. Things for solo play are fine and fun and naughty because I get to play with myself, but couples things are kind of tedious as Im too focssed on reviewing to let go fully :') After my review is up though, couple testing is hella fun c:

fairehlights wrote:

I love getting testers, but not for the usual reason. Sure, free sex toys are awesome, and it's let me try things I'm not necessarily sure on, or sure as hell can't afford, but I love it more as it feels like a payback and validation of my reviewing and writing skill. I wanted to be a journalist, author, or anything to do with writing forever, and so while it may seem small, every tester I get is a really big achievement for me in that I'm clearly writing both well, and in a likeable style.

The testing itself, is so so. Things for solo play are fine and fun and naughty because I get to play with myself, but couples things are kind of tedious as Im too focssed on reviewing to let go fully :') After my review is up though, couple testing is hella fun c:

Definitely this! I really like the feeling that LH think that my reviews are worthy of receiving tester products, it makes me feel good about the work that I put into my reviews. Generally my reviews take me a good few days to think about what I want/need to put and then a fair few paper drafts until I think it is right, and ready to be submitted.

fairehlights wrote:

Totally agree with you with regards to the writing thing. It's quite a confidence boost to think that someone thinks your writing is good enough to continue to send you things to review. Every tester email we get is another little piece of happiness! With regards to the thread, I don't find the idea of getting testers a turn on. Fun yes, but not in itself a turn on. You can 'officially test' a toy you buy and be just as excited about writing the review, if not more so since you actually chose it. After all, you don't get testers at all unless you're enthusiastic about writing reviews (evident by the reviews you do about your own purchases), not just about getting free stuff.

I must have been picked close to 10 times now as a tester despite only being a member for a little over 7 months, to me its the recognition that they must like my reviews that gives the feel good factor.

Had to give up working a few years ago because of health problems, so being asked to review is sort of a mini-substitute. Sense of purpose, accomplishment, recognition, something to look forward to, all of that. I'm on my own too, so it's nice to receive something that I didn't pick out for myself once in a while.

Ff2, could you be creating a voyeur aspect?

this is just my personal opinion on reviews some of them are way to long why go on about the discreet packaging we know it wont come through the post stamped SEX TOY INSIDE im not bothered how nice the box is just tell me about the toy as in does it work and match the description on the web site rant over

stesilc wrote:

this is just my personal opinion on reviews some of them are way to long why go on about the discreet packaging we know it wont come through the post stamped SEX TOY INSIDE im not bothered how nice the box is just tell me about the toy as in does it work and match the description on the web site rant over

Some people may be interested in how the packaging looks/feels though. Quite often, for me anyway, the look and feel of the packaging (not just the outer packaging but the way in which the product itself is packaged and presented) is a deciding factor in whether I will purchase the item. I am generally much less inclined to buy a product packaged in gaudy packaging that looks cheap, than an item with sleek, classy looking packaging. Sometimes the packaging can vary slightly from the picture too, in colour/size etc, so I think that it's (if I feel it's necessary) best to include those details, to give people the best possible description of the product, to allow them to make an informed decision as to whether to buy it or not :-)

stesilc wrote:

There are lots of reviews of different lengths, so just read the ones that you want to :)

Some people like the longer reviews and other people like short ones and that's why it's so good there is lots of choice of reviews to read.