why oh why did my Lelo smart wand die :'(

So around a month ago I bought the lelo smart wand which I thought was the dogs b*llocks until.....it never lasted for the 2 hours after a 2 hour charge and the power has rapidly decreased. It was only used a handful of times so it's not been mistreated in the slightest, infact ive looked after it as though it's my child!
Anyway the power started lasting an hour, then half hour until tonight it died *sobs uncontrovertibly*. The light doesn't even come on 2 charge it now it's totally dead.
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue or has any idea what caused the problem, manufacturing error? I just don't know, I'm mourning my Lelo wand xx

All lelo products come with a 12 month manufacturers warranty. It certainly sounds like a faulty product. Lovehoney also have a 1 year returns policy. So I would contact live chat and explain the problem and send it back. (If by any chance you didn't get it from Lovehoney you will need to contact lelo direct. There is a small black guarentee card with serial number in the box, you will need this. But even if you don't have the card, providing you registered the item when you purchased it lelo should be able to help) Got to be worth trying as that is an expensive item.

Let us know how you get in.

Hello,

it could be faulty wand, or it sounds like it, since I have the smaller wand and after 2 years, it is still going strong. I had one faulty Lelo toy in the past but I used warranty to have it sorted. And the replacement is still going ok, too.

So do get in touch with LH or Lelo and get the wand replaced.

Fun Louise wrote:

All lelo products come with a 12 month manufacturers warranty. It certainly sounds like a faulty product. Lovehoney also have a 1 year returns policy. So I would contact live chat and explain the problem and send it back. (If by any chance you didn't get it from Lovehoney you will need to contact lelo direct. There is a small black guarentee card with serial number in the box, you will need this. But even if you don't have the card, providing you registered the item when you purchased it lelo should be able to help) Got to be worth trying as that is an expensive item.

Let us know how you get in.

+1 - I hope you get it sorted out xx

+ 1 to all the above.
I have the Lelo Wand Large, have had it for a couple of years now and although don't use it often or for long periods at a time, it has never failed us yet. It does looses all its battery charge if left unused for long, but I can recharge it without issues. Never tested if it would keep the charge for a full two hours, might just try that for science's sake :).

If you got it from LH, you've got it easy. If you've got it elsewhere, go to lelo.com. They are not as good with Customer Care, but you will be able to sort it out. I have in the past with them with other Lelo products.

If you got it from LH, you've got it easy. If you've got it elsewhere, go to lelo.com. They are not as good with Customer Care, but you will be able to sort it out. I have in the past with them with other Lelo products.

+ 1 - if you got it from here and it's within the year limit I would recommend making use of the excellent customer service and returns policy.

Thanks so much for all of your replies and advice. I contacted Lelo directly and am waiting on them resolving the issue, after their first email reply I realised its a faulty product as it's never thoroughly charged. I've only owned the luscious wand a month or so...
I went directly to Lelo a Lelo product so didn't want to trouble LH. I'll keep you posted.
era that scientific research project is two years overdue ;P I'm sure you'll get around to it :P

If you bought if from lovehoney I would of gone to live chat, as I find they resolve things much quicker and generally have better customer service.

Hope you get it fixed soon x

I'd hoped Lelo would fix it swiftly as their first reply came early this morning, I replied with all the relevant information but am still impatiently waiting. Lol! I'm certain I'll get a replacement as it's under warranty so that's the main thing, just hope it comes sooner than later lol xxx

slinky binky wrote:

I'd hoped Lelo would fix it swiftly as their first reply came early this morning, I replied with all the relevant information but am still impatiently waiting. Lol! I'm certain I'll get a replacement as it's under warranty so that's the main thing, just hope it comes sooner than later lol xxx

Well legally, they have to give you a replacement as it's still under warranty

Hello,

I am sure they will get back to you, but since it is weekend, maybe they will not be able to till Monday, depending what time their customer service goes home (I am not sure they have 24/7 and even if they do, I suspect they may have limited number of stuff available during the regular business hours). But since I dealt with them directly previously, I do think they will sort you out, given that it is faulty product and you are under legal warranty.

But you may need to send the wand in. I know last time I had faulty product, I did have to send the broken toy to LH. Lelo may ask for the same.

Hi Laveila, (beautiful name btw). it makes sense that they will likely not be customer care as 24/7 as LH does. I'm thinking that they'll likely reply on Monday now and tbf I think they'd of dealt with it today, if, I hadn't of used the 10 yrs guarantee accidentally when I first made the claim. So I had to redo the claim which was fine, my mistake with the first one. They'll likely want to see what caused the fault to prevent it happening in future. It'll be handy for them to take this one off my hands anyway,if not then there's the recycling centre here right?

It's broke. They'll sort you out fine, don't worry about it.

Thank you. They are dealing with it as I type n I reckon they will send a replacement out by the end of the week, they may need me 2 send this one back before they replace which isn't a problem it'll be better if they come n fetch it though saving me the cost lol!

Well, I have several Lelo products, all but the first one and last one bought from Lelo, and when I had issues with them being faulty, I also had issues with their customer care being a BOT, instead of a human. They did eventually sorted all out, I always had to send the faulty items back, but getting thru to them was a struggle, so unfortunately I don't have anything good to say about the return process. In all fairness though, as far as I know they since changed their whole retail policy and website and the way their customer care works too, so I hope you'll have a swift solution! But this is one of the main reasons I try to limit all my purchases to Lovehoney since then, it's just so reassuring the NO HASSLE policy! :)

my first and last Lelo ive never spent so much before and as much as it was good when it worked it was short lived n getting a dud and hearing alot of others yourself included having faulty goods I think I'll stick with the LH, fsog, bondage boutique stuff etc and definitely from LH!
I don't like having to return stuff but it's broken and under warranty it's only right, especially, since it's an expensive toy, for me anyway.
Tbf their responses have been once daily and by a human who's been very nice. I do need to return it 2 Sweden! Ive never posted anything abroad......
Would I be breaking rules if I ask something about their return process? Cos I won't ask if that's the case. Xxx

I think you wouldn't break any rules. Worst case scenario, you would be in a grey area... But, again, if you bought said wand from Lovehoney, I'd reckon it is not yet too late to just send it back to them instead of Lelo in Sweden (bare in mind that Lovehoney entertains a close relationship with Lelo on several projects). I had to send 3 items back to Sweden. If I remember correctly, for faulty items they should arrange a pick up service with a courier free of charge to you! Again, my last issue was almost 2 years ago, so things are blury, and might have changed too.

Thanks again era, 9am i sent it to Sweden b hadn't noticed this. well I asked them n I have to pay delivery so straight on google I went after here n it's like £13-15 postage ouch! I went through warranty booklet which excludes them from paying delivery...grr. Maybe they used too or it depends who you speak to. Cos I hoped they'd Av a courier service aswell.
Anyway I'm worried of get another dud, I can't afford postage 2 Sweden if it happens again Lol! They are luxury toys and the wand would of been my go 2 had it not failed me 😢 so as much as I'd love another I'm going to see if they'll refund me n buy the new LH mains 1, maybe it was meant to be lol xxx

Wow, yep, international postage stings, don't I know it (before the .eu site came around, Lovehoney did not offer free returns internationally either, but now they do thankfully!!! :)).

I hate having to deal with wires in bed, so I'd never go for a mains wand. As far as my experience goes, Lelo does not give refunds... at least that's how I ended up with my wand, after sending back 2 malfunctioning Hula Beads and saying I don't want a third one, they said I can have something of the same value (or bigger, paying for the difference naturally...). And my initial Hual Beads was bought directly from them! So I got my wand, and luckily had no issues with it thus far. (Still have to make the 2 year overdue test though :)!)

I always notice with lovehoney orders there's a free returns label which is great service 😊
Oh my the international postage almost made me feint! I think you are spot on with refunds, it only says replacement in the the manual. Hopefully the replacement works then lol cos I can't afford the postage again! I might email and ask, a girls got to try lol.
The wand itself was awesome, I bet ive never even got full power cos it didn't charge right. I was expecting more power in the first place tbh but the luxury, sensi touch mode, the feel of the material combined with the vibes made me lurve it.
Still no 2 hour testing ....waw you really should make sure your wand is upto the 2 hour stint, as you said for the good of science 😉
That's cool getting the wand instead of your 3rd hula beads, 2 international returns must of broke ur heart! Saying that, you can't beat a wand they're the Best!