Wiki Guide - Vibrator Basics

It’s a busy time of day here but I’ve got a few seconds if we want to both go there now and write a nonsense sentence, easily deleted, to see what happens?

I added some. I’ll. Go back in now.

Did that - it has saved both.
Shall we try again and both stay for a minute before trying to save?

Okay, that was really good. It told me:

That post was edited by another user and your changes can no longer be saved.

And then gave me an option to overwrite your edits (I declined on this occasion :slightly_smiling_face:). There was also your picture next to a red pencil at the bottom of the screen.

1 Like

Well, all good to know.

Apologies to whoever I overwrote :upside_down_face: I wasn’t sure what to do.

Good that you can see who last edited.

Bit of an issue if several people are putting in the time, at the same time.

Suggest we all save our own work on our own PCs if we don’t want to lose it.

Back later - kitchen calls :+1:

True, but you can copy what you’ve written when it chucks up the ‘eff off’ box. :slightly_smiling_face: And I suppose you could just close the edit window, and reopen (after checking the new changes), paste and save?

I’ve not come across a wiki before, so not entirely sure how it’s supposed to work? :slightly_smiling_face: I don’t think we’ll be super busy tripping over each other, but it’s nice to know what to do if it does happen. :+1:

We could ‘book a slot’ in the comments?

And there’s a visible edit history too. Can you guys see that?

I’m feeling guilty. I was only writing for a few seconds, tho, so I don’t think much could have changed in that time.

Sorry, it will have been me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good tip.

Me neither! Just books (in terms of writing and editing). I use Wikipedia a lot with the kids for homework.

Not on this thread - is it in the edit? Will have to look later - bye for now, folks x

Found the edit history - that’s a good feature.

I can breathe a sigh of relief, too, @Ian_Chimp, because I think I just overrode your (very helpful) subheadings - I promise not to do it again :+1: :innocent:

1 Like

The wiki edit history is where the edit pencil is normally, in the top right of the post. :+1:

Ah, you already found it. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The author can turn off wiki too. So if I was doing a big format edit I’d turn it off, and then turn it back on if we needed more contributions?

1 Like

Contributors: @MsR @Knottydevil @Ian_Chimp

I’ll put something like this in at the end. :+1: I think putting it in now reads like it’s a closed circle. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Does anyone want to add anything to this? I’ll give it a big format edit when I get a chance. :+1: I’ll copy & paste what we’ve got into a forum post so we don’t lose anything, and then set author privilege to ‘liberal’ and see how many noses I could potentially put out of joint. :slightly_smiling_face:

Then you guys can tell me if/where I’ve gone too far, and we can suggest better etiquette. :+1: How does that sound?

(@MsR Looking at it briefly, one of the first things I’d work on is reducing the Classic & G-Spot descriptions, and including the rest of the toy shapes. Would you like to rewrite that before I have a go?)

Maybe a start and end window would be good?

‘wiki open from time/date until time/date’

Hi, I haven’t been around for the last couple of days - give me chance to have a quick look…

Which toy shapes are we looking to include?
Just vibrators (classic, g-spot, wand and rabbit), or anything which vibrates (bullets, pebbles, knicker vibes, prostate vibes, butt plug vibes)… I’m sure there are others!

It’s a guide for a vibrator newbie, so I’d say an overview of distinct types would be good?

That’s going to be a long list! It would be easier to give a summary of toys which don’t vibrate :joy:

I was thinking something more like this:

“There are lots of different toy shapes, and each can provide a different sensation depending on how and where they’re used. Bullets, Classics, Rabbits, Wands, Love Eggs, Cock Rings, G-spot toys, the list goes on - and that’s without mentioning some of the more gadgety ones (Suction, Flickering, Rotating, Stroking, Rimming, etc). Thinking about how and where you’d like to use a toy can help you decide which shape would suit your needs the best.”

Just for space concerns?

1 Like