7 Day Nookie challenge

OK so wow !!

Myself and my partner of 13yrs had gotten into the habit of the same old same old, normaly once or twice a week. Sex was and still is always great but we wanted to spice things up and re light that fire. Also we found that we were arguinng a lot and things in our relationship were just a bit stale.

So I fired up google and typed in relationship help. The thing that jumped out at me was the 7day sex experiment. Essentially you have sex EVERYDAY for a week, without fail, no matter what. It's supposed to re bond, re connect and generally get you thinking about each other again ..... and acting like rampant rabbits which is great all by itself.

I can honestly say, with the help of a few lovehoney items and a lot of communication, that we have certainly achieved our goal! We are talking more, being more open, arguing is down to zero, petty frustrations and irritations are at zero too, and we are generally all loved up and loving life. Lots of effectionate gestures started happening too, from spontanious hugs and kisses to a playful slap on the behind, loving smiles and intimate "knowing" looks from across the room!!

FYI - A month on and we are still having continuous sex everynight, sometimes mornings lol, although he does get a break on an occasional night to recover lol. We seriously can not get enough and I feel like I have a fantastic relationship again. Who knew sex was the answer all along ........

Have you tried the nookie challenge ? Would you concider it ?

Not sure if i would have time to do it every day without fail.

Thats a really good idea. Not that my marriage needs help, i just the the ideas of sex every day for a week. ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

Congratulations! What a lovely story to hear! We genrally try and have sex every night, because of all of the reasons you mentioned. I noticed after my sex drive took a boost that everything else takes a boost when you have a lot of sex! So we do try, but most of the time it's usually only about 5 nights a week, especially lately because I've had a bit of trouble sleeping and some nights I just feel exhausted! But hopefully we'll be back on the daily track soon.

Oh, welcome to the forums by the way :)

It's awesome to hear this worked so well for you!

Right now no way would I be up for this due to tiredness (not to mention we haven't hit a relationship slump, only been together 2 years!), but if things got stale a few years down the line I would certainly try it!

this is a great story to read! Really shows that getting back to basics works - and is so often over looked.

well done and keep up the good work !

awwww thanks you guys, seems like a friendly place to be ;-)

I'm pleased this worked for you! I think sex is very important in some relationships. My husband and I have had sex everyday so far this month whereas a little while ago when he was working too long hours we were not getting along so well even when he was off because we'd just gotten out of the 'sex haze'. And I think the less sex you have the more work it can seem to do it!

We try and have sex most days, I think it's very important for a relationship, keeps to connected and in tune to each other's wants and needs, makes you focus on each other in everyday life like you do while making love.

Id love that but my hubby won't. this is what we used to be like

I think it'd be a good thing to bring up to him, as bunred said, the less you have the more effort it feels like and you get in a rut, this may be where he is, might as well ask, show him this thread.

definetely mention it to your hubby. I was very dubious about it working and so was the other half, but honestly it DOES work !!

I would say to come at it from a fun and naughty point of view, really sell it to him, maybe surprise him with a new toy when you suggest it ??

I'm on day three of this challenge & were already running out of things to try!

honestly i wouldn't ever do that, it just doesn't fit at all with what my view on sex is. I'm far more about physical and emotional closeness without the sexual stuff, i'd feel like i'd failed a relationship if it took relying on lots of sex to make it work. Plus scheduled sex just isnt for me, i'd find it a lot less enjoyable if i set out rules when, where or how i had to have it.

But is having sex not part of the physical closeness? Having sex daily is amazing for your relationship, and it's not like it takes a lot of planning, when you go to bed, you have sex. It's not having rules, it's just about making more of an effort to be more close to each other. It's honestly amazing what it does to your relationship, you should at least try it and see what you think. Having sex daily releases endorphins and really does make you a lot happier. Our closeness after having sex for a week running is amazing.

Fair play..... but after day 3 i'd be going at it like the clappers and not a chance of coming.

I know the feeling well done I corrected it in a different way but same result.

I would love to do that but sadly even after having sex once i tare and it takes at least 3 or 4 days to heal and stop hurting!