A more technical question

Im trying to figure out what would be the difference with the silicone in these 2 dildos. I have them both, both say they are silicone but the blue one is a lot smoother.
Does anyone know if its a different type of silicone? Im just trying to find out so when i search i can look for that specific kind.

Thanks guys!

They will both be body safe silicone (non-porous and non-toxic) as all silicone sex toys from reputable brands (which both Lovehoney and Doc Johnson are) is. Silicone can be made in all sorts of different densities and textures though and different brands use different finishes. Some use various different ones within their own range depending on what they want the toy to feel like.

I’m afraid looking at the photos and reading the reviews is probably the best you’ll be able to do beyond searching silicone.

3 Likes

I don’t think that is something you would get an easy answer to, I am afraid. You can hold certainly need to email the companies that make the toys individually to ask, but they may not know.

I could be a difference in curing (platinum vs peroxide) but it is most likely to be just down to how the toys are finished. Some companies use the same silicone across their entire range, some don’t

1 Like

Hmm maybe it could be down to the textures or process of the moulds they’ve been put in during manufacturing, amazingly the material and finish of a mould can effect the way a casting comes out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like