A warning about Zini toys

I have most of the collection of Zini toys. What attracted me to them was the quality, sizes and shapes etc.

However I am here to give a warning against them. Most of my Zini toys, that includes the Zook, Ran, Hua, Seed and Deux are faulty. The ONLY one that is good is the Roae. They won't work unless they are on charge. I am extremely angry that a company that is supposed to be 'luxury' has faulty products. Not just one but many. Other people have found this as well. I highly recommend not buying any Zini products. I contacted them at least 5 times and heard nothing back. Waited so long that it has been over a year so I am stuck with faulty products I paid over £200 for. I usually find Lovehoney returns policy to be very good but at the moment I am not seeing how it is fair to have the same amount of time to return something that is faulty and something that you don't want.

Do NOT buy from them. Get LELO , Je Joue or Fun Factory.

Thanks for the heads up Despina. Checked out your website/ blog yesterday and I really enjoy your reviews :) You have a new fan! Xx

Thanks for the heads up Despina. Checked out your website/ blog yesterday and I really enjoy your reviews :) You have a new fan! Xx

Thanks, glad the reviews have been helpful. I am going to review the Zini stuff soon and I am not going to be nice!

Bloody hell you think that would be amazing for the price of them!

Lollipop ;) wrote:

Bloody hell you think that would be amazing for the price of them!

You would, I wouldn't pay £10 for them knowing they are faulty.

Hi Despina Rose,

Sorry to hear you've had lots of problems with this brand - Lovehoney currently only sells the Roae and the Deux, both of which we do get great feedback for.

Lovehoney's returns policy means that anything you're unhappy with can be returned for an exchange or refund, with free returns and processing times of max. 5 days (usually it's 2 days).

If you bought the item(s) from us, we will always refund you or swap for another item. Working at Lovehoney has definitely made me see what real Customer Service should be... and it is really frustrating contacting a company over and over to no avail.

Please get in touch with our customer care team and we'll try to help in any way we can.

Lucy, I did get it touch but as it was over the year there is nothing that can be done. Thanks for checking though. I meant the year part.

I have the Zook and my first one did arrive and only worked while charging. I immediately contacted LH as soon as I found about this, did not bother contacting Zini at all. I got replacement immediately from LH, as they agreed it was faulty. My Zook is now almost 2 years old and it is running very well, without problems. my only problem is that unlike the Lelo toys, it does have much shorter standby, but I can use it just fine without any problems. Maybe I am lucky that I own one of the ones, which are not faulty.

I actually had Lelo product faulty too, it was the Lelo Mia, which sometimes refused to turn on. Again, contacted LH and got sorted immediately and my current Mia is running well. without any problems.

(Lucy, I did get it touch but as it was over the year there is nothing that can be done. Thanks for checking though. I meant the year part.)

Why wait a year to return them,if they were faulty,surely thats plenty of time to send them back!!!

Despina Rose wrote:

Lucy, I did get it touch but as it was over the year there is nothing that can be done. Thanks for checking though. I meant the year part.

Hey Despina,

I'm sorry that your toys became faulty outside of our returns policy. A year is usually more than ample time for any niggles to come to light and a years retrurns exceeds even some manufacturer guarantees.

We offer the same returns period on all products no matter what the reason is. It would seem dreadfully unfair to bring in a shorter returns period for those who simply didn't like an item, and continue offering a whole year for faulty items.

We have no plans to extend our already-rediculously-long returns period for faulty items, as I said, a year is usually more than enough time to spot any problems with a toy. In some unlucky instances things do go wrong after this time, but this would be an example where even the manufacturer would say it's 'wear an tear' so wouldn't credit us for any returns, therefore as a company we have our hands tied and are already offering the maximum amount of time that we possibly can for returns (which vastly exceeds most online returns policies - especially those selling similar products to ourselves!)

In this case, I would certainly recommend trying again to contact the manufacturer and explaining the situation to them. If they will accept responsibility for the item not working longer than a year, perhaps they will replace it. We'll happily provide you with the dates from your orders.