Sale Toy - Problem

I treated myself to http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15410 in the sale cos I've been lusting after it for a while, but I seem to have received a faulty one.

Now - I know there's not an issue with returning it to LH, I know that the returns policy is great. BUT - I'd like a replacement, and looking on the website now, it's out of stock.

I don't want my money back, I want a replacement.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Have you tried contacting customer services yet - they're the best people to help you, hopefully they can sort it!!

Angel x

What's wrong with it? Took me a little bit to realise how to get mine started, but I've only tried it on my hand so far...

I'd use the live chat to see what customer services could do?

It's showing in stock in black. If you wanted pink, maybe we could swap haha, I hate the colour of mine but when I ordered black was out of stock....

With some manufacturs you can also contact them directly for replacement of faulty items. Some manufactors, especially of the more luxury toys, offer a year warranty anyway. I had the G-Ki and if I remember correctly, Je jou is one of those, together with Lelo or Zini. So if LH is out of stock, you can try Je Jou directly?

I had a similar thing happen with a wand I got in a sale.

I contacted the manufacturers and explained the situation. They emailed me back details of where to send the wand, one week later I have a replacement.

maybe they will exchange it for you when they come back in stock again. they do look lovely, I've been after one for a while now but I cannot justify the expenditure right now.

hope you get it sorted.

xx

ronnie-baby wrote:

maybe they will exchange it for you when they come back in stock again. they do look lovely, I've been after one for a while now but I cannot justify the expenditure right now.

hope you get it sorted.

xx

They are being discontinued, Sasi will not be restocked.

We purchased a spider in black from the christmas day sale. It came in white, we don't like the colour but should we have returned it!

It was cheaper than usual but we should have been sent a black one. We don't like to complain and get very little time together so white spider it was.

What would others have done! Sorry to jump in but this seems to add to the thread jist.

Thanks

Jg

One thing to remember is that if you cant get a replacement from Lovehoney, and then you go to the manufacturer for a replacement, the problem is now out of the retailers hands. Im sure lovehoney wouldnt just leave you with a broken one, but if you struggled to get help from the manufacturer and lovehoney knew you contacted them, they'd be within their rights to do nothing.

Then the question is what to do if the retailer cannot supply you with replacement as it is out of stock and would not get in stock again. I am not sure with how about sex toys, but with my laptop I was able to contact the company directly, as it was faster than shipping the laptop from UK to CZ as it was bought here, but was living in UK for years, and then asking for sorting it out.Not only it would take twice or even 3 times as long, but it would cost me hell lot of money to get the laptop shipped to CZ, then back to UK.

I believe that she should be able to claim it directly from the manufacturer, because if its not working upon arrival, it is almost 100% manufacturing fault. And the luxury brands cover this in their automatic warranties.

Laveila wrote:

Then the question is what to do if the retailer cannot supply you with replacement as it is out of stock and would not get in stock again. I am not sure with how about sex toys, but with my laptop I was able to contact the company directly, as it was faster than shipping the laptop from UK to CZ as it was bought here, but was living in UK for years, and then asking for sorting it out.Not only it would take twice or even 3 times as long, but it would cost me hell lot of money to get the laptop shipped to CZ, then back to UK.

I believe that she should be able to claim it directly from the manufacturer, because if its not working upon arrival, it is almost 100% manufacturing fault. And the luxury brands cover this in their automatic warranties.

I'm sure they'll be able to sort out a replacement, if you contact the company. I've done this before, even with less well-known and cheaper items (like bullets), and the company will replace the item.

I've found that even if the company is outside the UK/ where you live, they ship rather quickly. Also, you sometimes get a free sample size of lube or toy cleaner wipes - which is nice.

Lovehoney are probably one of the best sites I've used when dealing with returns. So other sites, even though they have stock of the item in so are able to send replacements, tend to make things a lot more complex... a lot of the time there customer services give up and They tell me to contact the people who made the product... but so far, Lh have been pretty good :)

well it's supposed to have a red and green light

red light for needing charged and green for ready to go

before i got it opened fully and just lifted it out of the box it was already moving around in my hand

there's no lights

it seems to be stuck on one "function"

it starts and stops at it's own will

it's now reboxed in the kitchen, and sometimes I can hear the thing buzzing around. it fell off the counter earlier.

Will be posting it back tomorrow.

But I have been lusting after this for a while - I really do want this toy and when it came down in the sale (from £95 to £70) it was too good to resist.

I just hope they can replace it.

*prays to the lovehoney god*

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

What's wrong with it? Took me a little bit to realise how to get mine started, but I've only tried it on my hand so far...

I'd use the live chat to see what customer services could do?

It's showing in stock in black. If you wanted pink, maybe we could swap haha, I hate the colour of mine but when I ordered black was out of stock....

I actually wanted purple, but had to get black (didn't want pink - not my colour sorry)

Hope you got it sorted, black is still showing in stock today so am sure it will be ok. Am sure Lh will 'save' one for you whilst you return yours?

Did you try inserting the charger? Apparently that resets it.... http://jejoue.com/contact/faqs/

Mine went all wierd when I first switched it on, flashing red randomly then green, but then when I put the charger in, it all calmed down.... Odd...

I got the zini seed in the sale but when that arrived it wasnt held in place in its box and no lights lite up, even when had tried to charge it (the blue light came on to tell me it was charged) while charging i could turn it on and it worked but only intermittently and NOTHING when it was off charge. Contacted CS straight away and they were great in the returning of it. I was worried that it would be sold out but they assured me that wouldn't happen.

As it happens I got my xmas parcel from my best m8 today and she'd sent me a seed for xmas!! so, i've had to contact CS again today (and for something else) to ask if be ok to have a refund as already have a fully working 1 now - and they were aok!!

Am sad to hear the Sasi won't be sold at Lh though - I've got 1 and she's great, tho wish had brought it in the sale but never mind. It does take patience to 'get to know' her though!!

On a (now) funnier note - my fun factory paul&paulina vibe decided to switch itself on this morn at 4.30!! Took my sleepy head quite a while to realise what it was (1st thot was the heating!). Throughout rest of night it randomly switched itself on, with me turning it off. Contaced CS and told them (was abit grumpy havin not had a good nites sleep!!) and will be returning that too (for a replacement). Was guna post it today but thot better of it and am waiting for it to run out of go..............is lasting alot longer than the 30mins it says on the packet!!

Just bizarre!! (might have to write a story about the 'vibe with a mind of it's own!!!!')

O, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR by the way! :-)

D69x

Oh Divine, this happened to me too with my Zini! I had exactly the same issue with the Zook. I asked LH to actually check the replacement before sending it out. And they did and the new one has been working fine so far.

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Hope you got it sorted, black is still showing in stock today so am sure it will be ok. Am sure Lh will 'save' one for you whilst you return yours?

Did you try inserting the charger? Apparently that resets it.... http://jejoue.com/contact/faqs/

Mine went all wierd when I first switched it on, flashing red randomly then green, but then when I put the charger in, it all calmed down.... Odd...

Yes - it says to charge it for 2 hours. I charged it for 2h 30m. went back to it and when i picked it up it whizzed back into life (without me touching any buttons).

still no lights on it

still going on and off at will

still not responding to any button input

still doing it's thing with on 1 setting that it seems to be stuck on

i think it's "off" atm, its not buzzing just now. but as I said, it switched itself on earlier and knocked itself off the kiched worktop. I hope and pray it doesn't start when I'm handing it over at the post office. I've put off taking it today in case it decides to start buzzing away when I get to the hand it over to the mail assistant at the post office, I don't think I can deal with the embarrasment.

I think I'm going to have to take it to a post office in another town in case it does go off so that I don't have the embarrassment of having to face that person ever again. I'm just trying to decide where. I might need to go out to Chippenham or Cirencester or something. I would even consider driving it out to Lovehoney myself - I belive they're in Bristol which is about 40 miles from me.

They are in bath. Maybe try to drain the battery before sending it out? I guess it does not have travel lock, right? If it would, I would try to put it on before sending it.