Actively pursue badges here?

It does sound like fun - but how do you know what is hidden? Any clues as to where?

2 Likes

@WillC enjoyed that game with you (and others) this eve!

2 Likes

Join in anytime my friend! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have, the last day or so - when I get time. Itā€™s fun!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good. :+1: A few bursts on those and youā€™ll be TL3 in no time. :slightly_smiling_face::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Hopefully youā€™ll earn the badges you want!

3 Likes

Not too bothered about badges - just a mild frustration as Iā€™d like TL3 stuff from time to time, like starting a wiki page.
Lockdown up here is getting to me, and the games are fun.

2 Likes

Well, youā€™ve gone up to 16.1k (+400) just from earlier, so youā€™re on the right track. :+1:

3 Likes

Well @MsR feel free to join in with any game anytime, the more the merrier! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll never use TL3 shame I canā€™t give it someoneā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s games, then? Iā€™ll carry on with the ones I enjoy but it is a shame for members that donā€™t use the games as they will take a lot longer to catch up, just reading and answering all the query and advice issues which takes longer.

1 Like

I do read alot of advice threads through though tooā€¦as I have alot of problems I am trying to deal with and some threads have helped slightly.

I also love reading

2 Likes

Never say never! It does come with some perks. You could set up your own wiki type page on a topic of your choice, and I think you get more ā€˜likesā€™ to dish out?
Iā€™ve hit my limit a few times, which is annoying.

1 Like

You donā€™t have to play them, just read(/scroll) through them. :slightly_smiling_face: But yeah, it would be a chore if you didnā€™t enjoy them. It is meant to be over 100 days, and once you have it I think it has a bit of momentum to it so itā€™s easier to maintain (so the avid Game players have had a more noticeable boost at the minute as itā€™s still within the first 100 days, but this will blend in more as time goes on).

But @CurvyJilly is right, thereā€™s not that much to it. Iā€™ve not given up on the wikis, but have found limited use for them. I think people find the x2 Like boost useful (100 versus 75/50). But thatā€™s about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That must mainly be from playing the Three Word Story game today - Iā€™m a bit hooked.
Iā€™ve done my usual stuff too - generally do.

2 Likes

How about the Like related Badges? I think that was more the area this topic was created for (though Regular is a badge, so it still counts :slightly_smiling_face:).

Does anyone have any top tips for building your Likes up?

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp I find the photo threads good for using a lot of likes :blush:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s true. :+1: The Uploaded Photos 2020 topic is a good place to burn through some Likes. And you get a Badge for using all 50 in a day (I donā€™t know if thatā€™s actually ā€˜use your max Likes in a dayā€™, as then it could be 75 or 100?), and then doing that 5 and 20 times.

Posting photos is a good way to receive a few too, but it may be a bit extreme if youā€™re doing it just for the Badges. :slightly_smiling_face: And the #your-photos topics are ineligible for the Nice/Good/Great Reply Badges anyway as itā€™s a semi-private category.

Edit: Uploaded Pictures Thread Part 2 is a very friendly topic that gets a lot of love thrown around, and you donā€™t need to have posted a photo yourself to give someone else a little confidence boost. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I find the limit on likes very frustrating, i have only been up 30 minutes and hit my like limit already, despite 12 hours away. I like to give likes in the uploaded photo topic, but often run out, which means i feel guilty for not liking some, when i have liked others, it means i have to make a mental note to go back later and like the ones i missed. I donā€™t throw likes around for badges, i use them for the positivity and encouragement they give. Maybe we ought to have unlimited likes? I know it could be argued it would devalue them, but i personally wouldnā€™t be giving them to every post.

6 Likes

I donā€™t actually know when the ā€˜dayā€™ starts. I was getting quite confused with it. Now I have 100/day thatā€™s plenty for me. Looking at the stats I give out about 45/day? Glancing down the list it doesnā€™t look like many people get close to using their full allowance (most people will have 75 I think now).

How many extra do you think youā€™d need?

If anyone is interested, thereā€™s a list of all the posts you Liked in your Activity page. And you can view other peopleā€™s too as long as their profile isnā€™t Hidden.

Your Own

To get to other peopleā€™s you click your way to their profile, select Activity, and then change ā€˜Allā€™ to ā€˜Likesā€™. :+1:

Hereā€™s mine

2 Likes