Actively pursue badges here?

I’m not pursuing the badges but it’s a nice surprise when one pops up in my notifications now and again. :star:

12 Likes

I am not actively pursuing them but I am surprised that the Read Guidelines badge is only earned if you manage to find a secret entrance .It seems a little strange that one has still not been sorted.

12 Likes

Ooh I have that one! It’s like one of those old computer games where you had to explore and find objects. :ring:

9 Likes

There are a few stragglers still knocking about, but I don’t think there’s a huge forum team to do everything quickly (it may even just be Brenna :slightly_smiling_face:).

Brenna has asked me not to share the link to the ‘secret’ community guidelines section until its finished, but as it’s a standard Discourse forum layout I could give you a link to the Discourse one so you can have a look?

Though I don’t know what they have in mind for ours, and reading theirs won’t make the Badge pop here, so it’s really not that helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

In all honesty I am not that bothered it just seems odd that when they decided to replace the ranking system with the new levels and badges that the Read Guidelines badge was not seen as a priority given the importance placed upon adhering to the guidelines.

2 Likes

Is that the link Brenna sends you when you’ve written something bad? :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

It was. :slightly_smiling_face: I think that’s been updated to take you to the regular old rule page now though.

I sort of see what you mean, but it’s only the Badge that’s not linked up. The forum rules still exist, and you can find them easily, etc. :+1: It would certainly be neater, but I don’t think it effects functionality/use.

2 Likes

I like likes but not sure if I like likes enough to ask people I like to like. X

10 Likes

TL3 seems to elude me.
Or maybe I’m just being a lazy slacker…

3 Likes

Having a quick glance over your stats it seems you need to read more. :slightly_smiling_face: For TL3 you need to read 25% of posts created in the 100 days, but this is capped at 20k. Everyone else seems to have graduated at about that mark, so it seems pretty reliable.

You’re on 15.7k at the minute, and you’ve another 30/31 days to do it in. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: You can boost it if you really want by picking a Game topic (eg Word Association (part 14)) and just scrolling slowly down… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So much to read, so little time!
Thanks for the tip.
I’m in a Zoom book group and not quite up to speed reading this month’s book, either.
Thanks for the tip.

4 Likes

I wonder if the Games are pushing up the overall post total and making everyone have to read the full 20k? :thinking: That Word Association has over 8000 in, and it’s only been going a month.

4 Likes

I looked at ‘number of replies’ under ‘Users’ and couldn’t work out how anyone had the time to post so many - until I joined in a game yesterday which was firing at quite a pace!

I usually read more detailed posts in full, and often spend quite a while composing a reply / wondering how best to advise. There isn’t really a way of getting that chalked up!

4 Likes

This forum style doesn’t emphasise post count (eg. when you get to 1000 posts it starts to round them to ‘1.3k’ etc rather than an exact number). I think they realised that quantity didn’t necessarily marry up with quality, so took the focus off that.

This one is more about reading. Unfortunately that may mean you have to read all the Games topics. :slightly_smiling_face: If it turns out to be a real issue I think the settings can be tweaked to not count that category? (though that’d be up to Brenna)

3 Likes

Games are certainly a good way to ‘up’ read count.
I’m just not really into them - I join in from time to time and they are fun, especially if I don’t have much time (waiting for a takeaway as I type!) and want a giggle, but I’d rather have more time and energy to spend on the rest of the forum.

4 Likes

I like a couple of them. :slightly_smiling_face: @cassii’s Emoji Charades is good when people play, and I like @VanillaWithSprinkles The Great Pub Quiz Game Thread (though there’s not been any Rebus for awhile even though @Peitho claims to be on holiday… :slightly_smiling_face:). The old game threads were a little contentious in the old forum as there was no way of hiding them if you didn’t like them (as they pinged to the top of the list every 3 seconds each time someone took a turn :slightly_smiling_face:), but here you can Mute topics and they don’t appear in your main list any more. :+1:

I wonder if @Lovehoney_Brenna has a screen that tells her how many posts were created in each category over the last 100 days? If everything minus games = 80k+ then it’s moot, but I’m not sure there’s an easy way for me to see? :thinking:

6 Likes

I have been putting a picture quiz together today which I will launch sometime tomorrow… didn’t want to overlap with the hump day quiz though! :rofl:

Very happy to do another Rebus one for the weekend if people would like it?

To be honest I have 4 or 5 games topics that I really enjoy (If anyone wants to continue Shag, Marry, Avoid that would be great as I’m the last poster and miss it! :rofl:) and just tend to ignore the rest.

In terms of badges, I don’t actively pursue them, I would have got my flag one by now if I did but I don’t want to flag something that’s not actually bad and I’ve not seen anything actively breaking the rules that fits in the flag tick box!

I would however like to know how to get the “Read Guidelines” or whatever it is called one as that is driving me mad! :rofl:

3 Likes

I have been actively pursuing them. :slightly_smiling_face: I like to see how things work, and a trophy list is normally a good road map of what the ‘game’ wants you to do to get the most out of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Read Guidelines one is still only available if you find the secret area I’m afraid. :slightly_smiling_face: The Promoter one is also duff, as far as I can tell. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Dear Lord - It’s much more elusive than the G-spot!!! Tomorrow is a rather booked up day but I’ll go hunting on Friday! :female_detective:

4 Likes

I like the Three Word Story game - it is clever and funny.

3 Likes