advice required please, dealing with severe period pain, cramps and sickness

P.a sorry thank you all for your inputs. Also I am so sorry if I missed anyone's replies. My heads a bit mashed right now πŸ’–xxx

Have you had ectopics before slinky? (I'm sorry if you've said earlier on in this thread, I haven't revisited the earlier posts). Having endo on your tubes can increase the risk of an ectopic pregnancy (or so I've heard) but having endometriosis doesn't automatically mean there is anything on your tubes, it literally just means there's womb lining outside of the womb. Sometimes this can be on the ovaries, or even different organs completely like the bladder or intestine. It doesn't always cause a problem with fertility, as I said I've been diagnosed with it and haven't had any fertility problems or ectopic pregnancies.

I really wouldn't panic until you know what you're dealing with, as there's nothing you can do until then and you could just be stressing over nothing, which won't do you any good. I know it's easier said than done as it's not a nice thing to be dealing with :(

Perhaps your blood tests are to check your hormone levels?

Boogaloo wrote:

Have you had ectopics before slinky? (I'm sorry if you've said earlier on in this thread, I haven't revisited the earlier posts). Having endo on your tubes can increase the risk of an ectopic pregnancy (or so I've heard) but having endometriosis doesn't automatically mean there is anything on your tubes, it literally just means there's womb lining outside of the womb. Sometimes this can be on the ovaries, or even different organs completely like the bladder or intestine. It doesn't always cause a problem with fertility, as I said I've been diagnosed with it and haven't had any fertility problems or ectopic pregnancies.

I really wouldn't panic until you know what you're dealing with, as there's nothing you can do until then and you could just be stressing over nothing, which won't do you any good. I know it's easier said than done as it's not a nice thing to be dealing with :(

Perhaps your blood tests are to check your hormone levels?

Aye I have had ectopics before 😭 no don't worry hunni I know you're a knowledgeable lass and appreciate your words of wisdom. I avoided finding out the truth for sooo long it scares me so much πŸ˜“ when I've had ectopic in the past they saved most of my tubes, so unless they somehow cocked it up do you think I should be OK?

I'm so, so, sdo glad that it hasn't affected you in that way hunni, I'm so happy you're going to be as mommy 😚 and I know you'll make the best one. 😘

I guess Ii will have to wait and see what exactly is said. I mean I'm getting blood tests on Tuesday and then Dr wants too see me a week later so I thought that she'd have a result, but by what I've read here its not that simple.

I feel like I'm going to have axn emotional breakdownπŸ˜” its all just too much to cope with. But ast least the balls rolling eh!

Thank yjou for all your wisdom hunni I really do appreciate it. I'll keep this thread updated and time will tell I guess πŸ’–xxx

Ok so you know I'm a practical girl.

Slinky binky, having an orgasm or two might really help you. I know that sounds stupid, and probably the last thing you feel like doing is having sex or masturbating. It might be worth a try. If your really not up for it, do you have a set of jiggle balls that you could wear for a day (you would have to use sanitary towels rather than tampons, but they might stimulate you enough to relax the muscles and ease some of your pain.

If you play anally, maybe wearing a butt plug would help.

One of my old friend had a similar problem and had to go on the pill to stabilise her periods. I understand that you are trying to conceive, but it might be worth giving it 3-4 months to give your body a rest.

You certainly are a practical lass fun louise. I love how you are always straight too the point. You're a wonderul, caring, kind hearted lass and im honoured that ive got the chance to know and talk to you hereπŸ’— Thank you for your advice, it's much appreciated 😊
It's funny you should say that about orgasms as when I'm not down I'm the most sexually active person but lately I've really lost my sex-drive.
I do wear jiggle balls, I am obsessed with them! but lately I've been using my fsog kegal balls I love them but wish they jiggled as they are so much more arousing.
I've also taken your advice about having orgasms, I've had alot these past few days and it has helped with the stress (for a period of time, better than my mind going crazy over it constantly!) I've masturbated plenty and Also have given hubby plenty of sex has which has put plenty of smiles on his gorgeous face which is so important with everything we're going through.
I think you could be right about going on the pill for a few months to give my body a rest, and my poor hubby.

I've been really freaking out about getting these blood tests. I'm petrified, what tests will they do? I'll get the details of what the tests are from the lovely nurse at the surgery in seven hours. I'm freaking out so badly, im such a wuss i should of dealt with this years ago, but silly me let time go by. I see my Dr the following tuesday for the results, then what a hospital referal i assume. The hospitals 60 miles away if thats the one they send me too. Theres another 35 miles away so hopefully they send me there. I'm just so frightened of hearing bad news 😒 I guess at least I'm dealing with it now.
I shall update this when i know more
Slinky πŸ’œxx

slinky binky wrote:

You certainly are a practical lass fun louise. I love how you are always straight too the point. You're a wonderul, caring, kind hearted lass and im honoured that ive got the chance to know and talk to you hereπŸ’— Thank you for your advice, it's much appreciated 😊
It's funny you should say that about orgasms as when I'm not down I'm the most sexually active person but lately I've really lost my sex-drive.
I do wear jiggle balls, I am obsessed with them! but lately I've been using my fsog kegal balls I love them but wish they jiggled as they are so much more arousing.
I've also taken your advice about having orgasms, I've had alot these past few days and it has helped with the stress (for a period of time, better than my mind going crazy over it constantly!) I've masturbated plenty and Also have given hubby plenty of sex has which has put plenty of smiles on his gorgeous face which is so important with everything we're going through.
I think you could be right about going on the pill for a few months to give my body a rest, and my poor hubby.

I've been really freaking out about getting these blood tests. I'm petrified, what tests will they do? I'll get the details of what the tests are from the lovely nurse at the surgery in seven hours. I'm freaking out so badly, im such a wuss i should of dealt with this years ago, but silly me let time go by. I see my Dr the following tuesday for the results, then what a hospital referal i assume. The hospitals 60 miles away if thats the one they send me too. Theres another 35 miles away so hopefully they send me there. I'm just so frightened of hearing bad news 😒 I guess at least I'm dealing with it now.
Slinky πŸ’œxx

I'm glad an orgasm or two has helped you a little. Please ask for the anti D test, I'm not sure of its proper name (sorry) but it does indicate your compatibility with your OH to have and carry a baby. There is a combination of blood groups that doesn't work and the woman's body rejects the pregnancy. If you have the combination that doesn't work, you CAN still have babies naturally, you would need injections but it does work.

Another thing to bear in mind is that you can ask/ request which hospital you are referred to. So please express your wishes.

Thirdly, write a list of questions that you want answered to and take it with you, check the list before you leave the room to make sure you have got the answered you need. It's difficult to remember things when your nervous every or emotional.

Good luck that all is well or at least easily fixed. Thinking of you today.

Fun Louise wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

Slinky πŸ’œxx

I'm glad an orgasm or two has helped you a little. Please ask for the anti D test, I'm not sure of its proper name (sorry) but it does indicate your compatibility with your OH to have and carry a baby. There is a combination of blood groups that doesn't work and the woman's body rejects the pregnancy. If you have the combination that doesn't work, you CAN still have babies naturally, you would need injections but it does work.

Another thing to bear in mind is that you can ask/ request which hospital you are referred to. So please express your wishes.

Thirdly, write a list of questions that you want answered to and take it with you, check the list before you leave the room to make sure you have got the answered you need. It's difficult to remember things when your nervous every or emotional.

Good luck that all is well or at least easily fixed. Thinking of you today.

Yeah the orgasms certainly do lift mine and ohs spirits for awhile ☺ Oooh I wish I'd seen this before I went for my blood tests. When I go for the results on Tuesday I'll ask for the anti D test as it sounds like there's a possibility that could be the issue with mine and ohs compatibility to have and carry a baby. It was only blood tests today. They did a full blood count, B12 + folate (not sure what that means) I got the lovely nurse to write it all down because I couldn't take in what was being said. Also V&E (Kidneys), LFT (Liver) , thyroid, fertin - not sure if that's the correct pronunciation (iron). All these combined will confirm if I've got endometriosis, as I asked to make sure that the results will confirm it. I'll know more on Tuesday, it's going to be a very long wait, but at least the balls rolling and we will get some answers. And i will 100% ask about the anti D test. That's a good point about writing everything down to ask the Dr because I'll definantly be nervous, worried and freaked out and I am certain I'll get brain freeze. Thank you for your kind words, advice and support hunni I really appreciate it πŸ’œ xx

Keeping everything crossed for you slinky. Can't imagine what you're going through x

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Keeping everything crossed for you slinky. Can't imagine what you're going through x

Thank you hunni, I really appreciate those nice words πŸ’œxx

So im rather happy yesterday and this morning keeping busy doing nice things for loved ones which makes me feel good and was keeping my mind off stuff, or at least it was until i got my mail, a hospital scan appointment now. They might need to do an internal one too. I've got really bad memories from previous scans like the time after eptopic i was still pregnant went for scan she said alls good no reason why i cant continue the pregnancy with no ill effects. Only a week or so later tp miscarrige and be tokd by a vile dr who did internal on me blaze telling me "you wouldnt of had baby anyway" well why send me for scans give me good news to rip my heart out? Anyway when i got this damn letter i was shaking and nearly feinted, freaking out like crazy because i thought theyd found something. I immediately rang the hospital who explained another dr from the surgery had sent the referal to check for endometriosis. i was told by my dr and the nurse that the blood tests that they would definantly identify if i have endometriosis. So dees that mean they didn't find ought in my blood? I got my blood taken Tuesday morning and this letter was sent out yesterday. I'm so freaked out maybe I shouldn't of bothered asking them to investigate if I hear the dreaded line i honesty don't know how I'll be able to cope. I'm thinking now taken 1 step forward and 10 steps backwards. I'm thinking about my losses too much and looking terrible wheras things had been improving. I don't want to keep wasting mine and ohs time together stressing as life's too short. So what do I do to stop the picture show constantly running through my head. It's like adverts of life constantly running through my mind and is the worst when trying to sleep πŸ˜• I know I'm coming across as a proper sympathy Hunter and in ways I realise that I must crave sympathy to of told so many of the tragic events in our lives. Now I don't like that I'm doing that and have refrained from ranting because I don't want to be the "victim person".
I know that I'm kind of contradicting myself here but I don't know what to do and the only people I feel I can talk to are online where I'm hiding behind my keypad.
Sorry for the long, sad post. I'm not wanting sympathy, just advice. I realise it may be too much so dont worry if thats the case, but if anyone has any idea how to advise me in my predicament id be very grateful
Thanks slinky ❀

Sorry for not updating sooner i thought that id be able to delete the thread (My fault I can't do links) I'm terrible with technology πŸ˜‚
So you're spot on imh95 thanks for your words of wisdom. I was just fuming the other day because I didn't expect the scan. It turns out they conned me into getting the blood tests because I'm a coward lol, which is good because i know she cares about me. Shes more like a friend than a dr and said to keep in touch which is lovely ❀ Everything was fine other than iron so I'm anemic which explains alot. I've probably had it for years 😯 but the iron tablets will sort it out.
I'm definitely going for the scan 100% and I feel so much better now. It's encouraging me to deal with other aspects of my life too ☺
I don't think I could adopt because of the mental health issues, saying that she's referring us for fertility and I'm sooo happy as is oh of course πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
I've considered a surrogate in the past but get scared that they'll become attatched too. Now that the fertility clinic will help it's taken so much pressure and stress away πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I asked about anti D test and she said that's way further down the line. So will just have to keep these appointments up and now things are falling into place πŸ˜† just one more thing now I won't say what because I never should of in the first place, but you probably know from previous posts about it. If that can be sorted we have our life back together forever πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜ I'm so happy right now, hopefully this is the end of the pain and other things will fall into place 😁xxxx

I'm so pleased you have some answers and are feeling so much better now Slinky. I had low iron levels recently, and I found that Spatone helped me quite a lot - I feel a lot better now. Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts :) xx

Hey slinky binky, you have utterly been through the mill! I'm so sorry to read all of this. I feel truly awful. I hope everything works out for you. πŸ’–πŸ’– my thoughts are with you.

Aww thanks you lovelies I really appreciate your kind words, they mean the world to me ☺ yeh it's not been hell on earth at times. One min things aren't too bad and others I'm in pieces. I really feel for my oh because he's so supportive and helps me alot. I know we have eachother and have had near 11 years of bliss with ups and downs and ive got an incredible stepdaughter who I love as my own and never would treat any different to one I carried so I should be happy with that, it's just I have wanted to carry a baby since I was really young, I did child development in school. When I was young, like really young I planned on having a few kids but never wanted to get married lol. Obviously as I grew older I wanted it all and when I met my oh we planned to have a football teams worth. We're both great with kids, they love us and are always drawn to us over whoever else is there. But all the tragedies take their toll 😐
But that's the negative, and the future has potential to be great. There's lots of good things that could be coming out way and I think it's about time after all the drama and heartache.
So it's all looking good and I have the advice from here to thank it I really don't think I'd of approached the drs about it. I owe the community everything for all the spot on advice and kind words given.
I am glad that I didn't manage to remove the thread now, youre all such amazing folks πŸ˜€
the least i can do is give say thank you all for support from the bottom of my heart ❀ πŸ’‹xx

Your ability to smile through the storm is beautiful slinky blinky, it's easy to see why children would be drawn to you. πŸ’–

Sweet Cherries wrote:

Your ability to smile through the storm is beautiful slinky blinky, it's easy to see why children would be drawn to you. πŸ’–

Aww you've made me cry with such a lovely comment, thanks that's really nice of you to say, and I wish their was a fav button here. Oh yeah I'm because big kid and im all heart and I'll help with anything whether its play curby, hide and seek, homework, grab juice, munch sweeties etc etc. I think children can see alot more about us than we realise. But the fact im a big kids most likely the main reason πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but the fact that they choose to come to me and oh makes us feel really special, and makes us want them sooo much more. I just adore children so much. And i know I'm a good stepmom to my ohs little (not so little un anymore ) but she'll always be my baby 😊 I know because she still says shes got two moms but one dad and her moms been in a relationship for just as long as we have. I use the mature approach now though because shes growing up 😒 it's sooo tempting to say stuff i would of a few years back or hug her infront of friends but I'd never embarrass her that way ❀xx

I'm super nervous about my scan. Too make matters worse I've got my period 4 days early. so I'm probaly getting an internal scan also. So feeling extremely nervous. I'm not going to lie, i was up all night crying a river 😒 I just hope that something can be resolved tomorrow. Any advice from anyone including the knowledge fun Louise would be very much appreciated πŸ˜—πŸ˜’β€
Also out appointment was at fertility clinic on Thursday but got cancelled so I'm awaiting a new appointment. So will keep you posted as to how it goes ❀xx

To the OP, if it is that bad, you need to be seeing your GP! I as just like that and more, turns out the influx of hormones was very bad for me and causing me to have mental breakdowns.

I ended up having the contraceptive implant (arm one) put in and it leveled everything out, I felt so much better within 9 days of having it in.

Hey slinky,

I know exactly where you are coming from, I have the same issues with my periods my only saving grace being they are very irregular (sometimes mo the inbetween) but when I do get one I am floored! I had internal scans as I too was prescribed mefanemic acid with no relief, it's not a nice experience but the staff where very kind and understanding. In the end I ended up being diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome which has similar symptoms as endometriosis. My thoughts are with you as I found all this out when I came off contraception to try for a baby!
Any questions or anything else I can do to help, just ask

Lilmiss x

I should have read the ful;l post, before posting my reply above!

The smallest things can effect our monthly's and it's very common to experience tremendous pain :( I would speak to your gp about trying out a low form of seratin (sp?) or even the contraceptive implant, as it slowly releases hormones throughout the day.

I'm not saying you're depressed but just saying that it can help level your levels out