advice required please, dealing with severe period pain, cramps and sickness

Thank you imh95, i don't think it'll be too long for appointment for fertility clinic because the last one came through alot faster than I thought, so that's promising 😊 πŸ’œxx

Blue eyes, thank you for your post. I will speak to my gp about seratin because that would be great if it can help and also i think i am definantly depressed. The drs know my symptoms for years it's me who's had to pursue the tests, which I think they should of done years black. Oh well, at least the balls in motion now and it's a step closer to finding out what's going on.
I'm trying to conceive and waiting for fertility so I'll give the implant a miss. Cheers for the advice though. When I used to get the injection contraception years ago it stopped my periods completely and was absolute bliss! But obviously no contraception is on the menu until I've had a football teams worth of kiddies (hopefully ). 😊
It's really difficult being a woman the suffering we have to put up with, then I feel for my oh having to run around after me 24/7 for a week and half 2 two weeks with my monthlys and moods 😯 πŸ’œxx

Lilmiss, thanks so much thats really helpful. And I appreciate your offer of help if i need to ask ought 😊When I go to gynocology next appointment I'll ask them about polysystric ovarian syndrome. As the scan was in xray for some reason, maybe they have to do that first.I'm sorry you also suffer, it's so difficult to cope with isn't it? It's really hard for us lasses. Isn't their anything they can give you for the polycystic ovarian syndrome to ease your pain? πŸ’œxx

So the folk who did the internal scan were lovely. Oml though she came me with this huge thing looked about 12" I'm like wtf nooo I can't take that. Lol. She said, no it's just the tip (she lied I felt like it was going to come out me mouth. Lol! πŸ˜‚ it was pretty painful, the other lass held my hand and kept comforting me which was lovely.
So they checked ovaries too and couldn't see any signs of endemitriosis, but obviously I'll need to get it clarified, and she also said it doesn't mean it's not there the gynocology team will do more checks for other stuff and theyll be able to confirm if it is endemitriosis. So that's one appointment down, and a step I'm the right direction πŸ’œxx

You are more than welcome slinky! Luckily yes there are treatments for PCOS, usually metaformin (diabetes drug over production of insulin leads to cysts growing around ovaries) and other treatments depending on symptoms ie laser treatment on the NHS for related side effects like excess hair growth.
I have been through the fertility treatment route too, and fell pregnant with my daughter! I believed I couldn't concieve so when me and OH got together I told him and as we both had 1 child from previous relationships we left it to fate! I remember joking one night by saying to him that if he ever got me pregnant naturally then he was a keeper πŸ˜€ Super spunk (as he called himself) got me pregnant twice!
I know the panic and terror of wanting to start a family and finding yourself in a position of needing fertility treatment. I took it bad to begin, believing I wasn't a real woman a natural feeling but not an accurate one!
Lol I remember the long white stick with condom rolled on to have a look inside, it's all leave your dignity at the door territory but one I found is staffed by some of the best nurses/doctors I have met or worked with!
I honestly mean it when I say any questions fire them over! Lots of love and hugs for you and OH xx

Nps on update imh95 - this is actually one of threads I was going to remove, I'm glad I left it now as there's such good advice available and you lovely folks actually care, and you're a very caring lass imh95, I'm so glad to have met you on here hunni πŸ˜™
You're not joking about the probe I was absolutely petrified when I saw her coming at me with it. Lol! It did hurt but yeah it went well, and I never had a breakdown so that's gotta be progress. πŸ’œxx

Lil miss - you're very knowledgeable, I'll be bombarding you with questions. Lol πŸ˜„
That's really handy information about pcos. Thank you so much, I'm very grateful πŸ˜™
Aww, that's amazing I'm so happy you got your kiddies.tHe super spunk status is superb, I'm loving it πŸ˜€. Do you mind me asking how old they are? You dont have to answer if you dont want to say on here.
We've been trying for 10 years 😯 We we're offered fertility around 4 or 5 years ago but i just wasnt ready to deal with it. I wish that we had done, oh was trying to convince me but i just couldnt face going through it all. I'd break down everytime i thought about it, feeling like im not a real woman etc. I still do but I know that no matter what I'm lucky to have my soulmate and we've been together 10 and a half years, and a beautiful stepdaughter who loves me. Those two keep me going, so as much as we both want it we'll always have each other, the wee less, and so many gr8 memories πŸ‘ͺπŸ’ž
The thought of going through the tests and hearing scary results was ruining my life so badly, and making oh sad too. So decided it was best to leave it be. Looking back now I wish we went through it back then, but obviously wasn't ready to deal with it, but not to worry, its in motion now. Oh says if the problems with him he's not fussed, we will get a domar. It makes me feel bad, but I think it's me anyway. I reckon they messed me up with ectopic although supposedly my tubes are fine like 100% in one and 60% in the other but I don't know, just have a bad feeling πŸ˜• do you know if that was the case (my fallopian tubes) if it's fixable/treatable? Cheers for your support, advice and kind words, they're truly appreciated hunni πŸ’œxx

Hey Slinky, bring them on! OH never tires of telling people he had super spunk (got the snip)! :)

My oldest is 11, she was my fertitilty baby. I struggled badly with my diagnosis and everything that it meant, I honestly only ever wanted to grow up get married and have kids and that felt it had been pulled away from under me! I didn't think I wanted to deal with it and to be honest the reasons I went ahead were rather selfish.

My then partner wasn't supportive the way your wonderful OH sounds he is being, infact to cut a rather long boring story short when talking through fertility etc I discovered that his opinions etc were way off to mine, bottom line adoption/donar etc was not an option as he was not rasing another mans child (asshole I know, he long gone!) I am stubborn and I wanted a baby (I stoopidly thought this would make the probs in realtionship disappear) so jumped head in.

My other 2 kids are 7 and 4 and I remember my OH telling me the pg tesst was positive and me not reacting well at all lol he was giddy over the moon and I was in shock! I was on metaformin at the time which had helped regulate my periods slightly and lose a little weight.

Can I please reassure you that you are a real and beautiful woman, inside and out. It takes an amazing real woman to love and raise a step child the way a mother does (I have a step son, I love him like my own and its hard because his mum is also amazing) and not just because they come with the parent.

Your road ahead is going to be a hard one but one you sound like you are now ready for! Don't waste time and energy with "woulda, coulda, shoulda" the important thing is you are here now. I believe in everything for a reason (annoying to others sometimes) and we are not always aware of the reason at the time but I do believe we learn the reasons at the right time for ourselves.

You sound truly blessed with your OH and step daughter and I am positive their love and support will provide you with more strength than you thought you had.

Sending you lots of postitive thoughts and hugs!

lilmiss ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)xx

Thanks lil miss, you're very helpful and kind 😊
I've actually been back here several times trying to post but I've deleted every novel I've wrote.
Got the fertility tests through today, it's all pretty daunting tbh. Btw just deleted another novel lol.
I'm going to come back to this when I can form a proper response. You've written such lovely words possible diagnosis and encouragement, really can't thank you enough. I know this posts pure repetitive, but im wanting you to know how grateful I am and that it's not ignorance me not replying, I don't have an ignorant bone in my body. I've been trying for days to reply. I'll try again tomorow πŸ˜™πŸ’œxx

So I've been to appointment and the ovaries and endemitriosis aren't a factor. Next it's going to be my fallopioan tubes (which i always knew would be the case. I'm gutted they are worst things 2 fix. So I'm having such a crsppy day 😒 wish I could buy myself a lil cheer me up but have so many outgoings I don't think it's oossiblec😯xz

Hugs to you Slinky. Hope they find out what is causing you this and that it is possible to do something to ease your problems. Don't worry ❀️

Cheers sxleksaker, i appreciate it 😊
As predicted the tests were clear so its defiantly going to be the fallopian tubes, I've seen the Dr today, she's definitely leaving and the other Dr is retiring so I'm stuck with an incompetent Dr after my Dr leaves and it's not helping matters as he gives me no medical attention. So when my dr goes what's going to happen with the fertility treatment? I'm on a right downer now. It's just so hard, i had three drs who actually cared, one died recently, and the other two are leaving πŸ˜• Arh it's one step forward and ten back awe the darn time πŸ˜• I burst out crying when she told me she's deffo leaving. The worst thing about it is that it's because of the evil inconpante Dr. She's outed him and now after twenty years she's been forced out. hes been there a year if we're lucky. Loads of patients hate him, i just dont understand how he can come here and bulky and abuse women to leave (he's disrespectful towards women, the evil things he's said to me are untrepeatable πŸ˜•) She told me so much that he's done to her and other patients and other stuff I won't mention incase the freak is in here. I'm really on a downer over it 😦 cant believe shes let him win, but i respect her decision πŸ’œxx

Hey slinky, sorry been a busy few days! Please don't apologise about delays in replies, its so much to take in and there are days when you need/want to write novels and share to get it all out and others where you don't even want to think about it let alone talk!

I'm not sure about where you are but in Scotland when passed over to fertility dr's my gp then was not part of the treatment, it was all done via the hospital at Assited Conception Unit. You do not need to see the gp if you feel he is incompetent so can request never to be allocated to him, your practice is obliged by law to provide you with safe primary care and if you do not trust the gp then that is not condusive to your safety. Are there other gp's in the practice?

It might not be your tubes, is your OH being/been tested also? I know its hard not to let your mind take over but please try to stay positive, the treatments available compared to when I concieved 12 years ago are better and the people who work in assited conception are exceptional people who want to help you have a baby. Its a scary journey, but not one you will be alone on or lack support!

hugs

lilmiss ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)xx

No need to ap olagise sweetie, i understand you're a busy lass πŸ˜™
Yeah it's eating me up day by day and after my gp confirming to me she's been bullied out for helping me it's pure shocking. He's gonna get my benefits stopped and everything and there's no other surgery I can go to 😒 I need to take advantage of the time she's there. Got appointment in a fortnight Friday with her, then one more before she leaves 😒😒 so I'll get her to get me passed to gynecology asap, the fertility clinic I'm already under now because they're in touch with me (if I'm not mistaken?)
Aye I'm in Scotland, So you're aswell? Is there no way this incompetent Dr can stop me getting it if the balls already rolling? I forgot to take my bloods in today to be tested 😯 my heads up my rear right now! My gpis being bullied out by him and the other Dr is retiring and my gp said it's a diar situation and it's going to be locams 😒 but if like you say up here in bonnie Scotland we don't need drs then it should be ok?
I know it's my tubes gut feeling doesn't lie πŸ˜• but gp said they'll still help so must be ivf right? Yeah he's getting tested but it's not him because with his ex he broke through the pill after a month of their relationship. Lol!
Also this evil Dr is going to interfear with my benefits and have me on jsawhich he knows I'm not fit for. But he's such a hateful man. My gp says he writes nxt to nothing in his patient notes just sarcastic remarks about every patient. I don't know how he's getting away with it. He's not local and nobody knows what happened where he came from. Is there a way I can find out through the net? I know his area.
Arh man today's been a right blow 😒
Cheers again 4 your wisdom, and help and kindness hunni. If I've missed ocht I'm sorry I'mjust not functioning πŸ˜• but thanks so much again I'm so lucky to have you here πŸ˜™πŸ’œxx

Yeah think you're spot on imh95 because I'm in contact with them via phone and I got my bloods through yesterday. I meant to take them with me but I'm all ova the place at the moment. So I'll have to take them this get it all sorted before I'm Dr less 😒 I cried when she confirmed she was leaving. She's been the best one there for 20 years n now that evil bully wife beater (I say that because how he treats women ) I feel for his poor wife!
Yeah exactly because he's not from round here and nobody knows what happened in his old area, my dr included. I need to get dirt on him but he could be living under a false name. He's meant to have honours yet my 8 year old neice could write better than him. My Dr told me he writes nothing but sarcastic remarks on patients notes. When he does home visits nobody knows what's happened!
Yeah i could see the less who drs on Friday but obviously if she tries to help me he'll force her out too πŸ˜• because mine got forced out because of defending me and oh wanting to give us more help because we don't sleep, I mean you can die from sleep deprivation and we are both very close to that timeframe. You'd be stunned if you knew how long it takes.
Thanks so much imh95 I really appreciate all your support, you're a very valuble member to the community πŸ˜™πŸ’œxxx

Double posted had to edit and remove

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1088.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=158

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland/healthcare/nhs-healthcare-s/nhs-patients-rights-s/

Hey slinky, here are 2 Web pages I think you should read over, positive they will help you.
I would strongly advise lodging a complaint re your treatment at the hands of this GP and how it is affecting your health and wellbeing, physical and mental! This stress is enough to I therfore with conceiving also.
Yeah I am in Scotland too, so your GP once you under fertility services will not be part of your treatment.
If you want and it's OK to do so, I can ask Leanne or one of the Lovehoney girls to send you my email and would be happy to chat that way!
Chin up gorgeous, a big cuddle from your OH and a big dose of loving I think is needed!

Lilmiss β™₯ xx

Thank you so much lilmiss 😊 you're an absolute star πŸ˜„ sorry I didn't see this sooner hunni or I'd of written straight back.
Yeah my concerns are that my gp is leaving in 28 days and then I'm going to be left with this nasty man. My gp said to me today that everyone knows he's incompatent but he's won because my God leaving and i can't imagine being stuck with him. He'll do ought to stop and oh getting on the fertility ladder πŸ˜• he's such a nasty man. I homestly cant understand why he wants to treat patients like second class human beings. But enough of my rant. Yeah please please please it would be amazing if we could chat via e-mail. As you've became someone I really look upto and i really believe you'll be able to help me and hopefully I can return the favour hunni πŸ˜—
Thank you so so so much for everything, you're an absolute star and i feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful lass (you) here πŸ˜™πŸ’œxx

Oh I'm being started on folic acid πŸ˜† so that's a possitive right? Also I'm ovulating so hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel β˜πŸ˜„πŸ’œxxx

Good luck with the ovulating and the folic acid huni..positive mindset..much love xx

Cheers hunni, that means more to me than you'll ever know πŸ˜™ I'm going to try my hardest to have a possitive mindest as I know it'll help big time πŸ’œxx

Slinky I can't believe that you suffer this much. Why have the doctors not come up with a solution for you yet?

Fingers crossed for a pregnancy soon, and hopefully your periods will settle after having a baby.

Fun louise i know, the pains unbearable in all honesty. I'm lay in the couch with my wheat bag, paracetamol and not chocolate. it's my oh I feel 4 most, as he has to look after me 1-2 weeks a month. It's like half our month is filled with pain and moods πŸ˜• im lucky to have such an understanding guy😊

The gp prescribed me metezapine about 6 years ago (which barely touched the sides) but I've heard they can make you infertile so I stopped taking them. They were barely touching the sides anyway.
I honestly don't know why they won't help. They claim the only other option is contraception πŸ˜• but obviously that's not going to happen!

Well my gp is leaving in 26 days so I'm going to be stuck with the locams, hopefully I can find one that actually cares and will continue to help me.
Thanks for your kind words hunni πŸ˜™πŸ’œxx

Have you ever tried Ibuprofen against period cramps? I've always found paracetamol to be completely useless, discovered Ibuprofen browsing the "menstrual pain relief" section in a U.S. supermarket.

Actually, the thing I bought had a much fancier name, but when I discovered that I could forget having my period for the first time in decades I looked more closely and saw that the active ingredient was Ibuprofen. Ever since I've bought generic Ibuprofen and experienced pain-free periods.

As with all pain treatment it's best to start before you are in really bad pain - even if that means getting up at 5 a.m. to have breakfast and your pill :(

Talia wrote:

Have you ever tried Ibuprofen against period cramps? I've always found paracetamol to be completely useless, discovered Ibuprofen browsing the "menstrual pain relief" section in a U.S. supermarket.

Actually, the thing I bought had a much fancier name, but when I discovered that I could forget having my period for the first time in decades I looked more closely and saw that the active ingredient was Ibuprofen. Ever since I've bought generic Ibuprofen and experienced pain-free periods.

As with all pain treatment it's best to start before you are in really bad pain - even if that means getting up at 5 a.m. to have breakfast and your pill :(

This actually makes me feel a little better about the back pain and tummy pain I've been having. I've taken Ibuprofen for it and it's the only thing that helps. That combined with a hot water bottle are my go-to at the moment. Not even sure if the pain is menstrual as I am not bleeding (both down to PCOS and the implant, I assume) but it still could be cramps and such from the pain.

Reading this made me a little happier about it considering I don't want it to be more serious and this makes it more likely that it isn't and is probably just in line with when my bleeding should be. It comes and goes just like period cramps used to when I was bleeding (my cycle is totally messed up) and so this eases my worrying a little.