anyone know much of champagne?

trying to find a good bottle for our anniversary, swaying towards moet, either rose imperial or grand vintage rose, need opinions or suggestions Pleeeeeeaaaasseeeee :) HAS to be rose and more fruity than spiced if that make ssense?

I swear by Bollinger. Everything else I have tried in similar price range is just too dry and gassy.
Also nothing beats a night drinking just champagne. It's quite a giddy drunk👍🏼

Another vote for Bollinger, so much nicer than Moët

I love the veuve cliquo but it might be a little dry for you. I would go for the Bolingbrook if you can afford it. Moët is overrated in my opinion, but that's only my opinion.

if you have a majestic wine shop near you they should have a wide range to choose from with some unusual and distinctive bottles available to. The staff should also be able to help with what taste you are looking for. Other similar wine or alcohol retailers will be able to offer a wide range of champagnes as well. (It was not suppose to be an advert I have just always had good service and selection from here).

didnt even consider bollinger guys, thanks :)

i onsidered veuve cliquo but was worried it would be too dry, I'll look into bolingbrook, thanks :)

was bolingbrook a typo? :L

Gosset is far nicer and not much more. Once you try it you won't go for the big names again.
Happy Anniversary.

The only champagne that I have really liked is Lanson Rose Brut - that was really nice :) xx

Pol Roger Rose

Our favourite champagne has to be laurent perrier rose.

PokingFun wrote:

All I know about champers is it goes in a glass and I drink it. :P

To add to this, I also find it gets me wayyy more tipsy than anything else and I can drink two bottles of a heavy red wine quite comfortably.

My favourite champagne is Lanson Black Label it's about £32 I always get a couple of bottles when it's half price.

Scorpius has already mentioned they do a Lanson Rose Brut as well you might like.

Happy Anniversary :)

My favourite of the big brands is Mumm Champagne. They do a pink one too.

Thanks for all your help guys! I'm no closer to a descision though :/ it's so confusing, I'm becoming a connesuer with all this damn revision I have to do to learn all the words! Lol

Lanson or veuve cliquot. Congrats on your anniversary!

Go for a cheaper brand of white sparkling wine...and add crushed strawberries...you get a rose which is sweet and bubbly

naughty mum wrote:

Go for a cheaper brand of white sparkling wine...and add crushed strawberries...you get a rose which is sweet and bubbly

Prosecco is nice with strawberries, and you don't get ripped off price wise.

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Lanson or veuve cliquot. Congrats on your anniversary!

Thanks :) I think I'm swaying towards veuve cliquot. I think I definitely want a vintage and nothing too dry but it's so hard to know :/

naughty mum wrote:

That's an ace idea! Will try it one day but we're going to Amsterdam for our anniversary and getting the hotel to prepare it for us so it's there when we check in :(

Its been a long time since I had any, but my taste buds still reminisce and long for Louis Roederer Champagne! Give it a try if you get a chance. ;)