Anyone watching the Sex Researchers?

Channel 4, Thursday evenings. It's actually quite interesting if a little cheesy. Reminds me of a cross between Peep Show (probably because Robert Webb narrates) and Eurotrash. It still has some interesting items on it though.

i've been watching it but I wouldn't rely on some of the studies theyve shown.

there has to be more to picking a partner than "pheremones" or one study they showed suggested "attractiveness" with no qualifiers of what it is or the mention of subjectiveness.

Interesting as a general introduction to the psychology of sex but probably not that good for much more.

sweetlove666 wrote:

i've been watching it but I wouldn't rely on some of the studies theyve shown.

there has to be more to picking a partner than "pheremones" or one study they showed suggested "attractiveness" with no qualifiers of what it is or the mention of subjectiveness.

Interesting as a general introduction to the psychology of sex but probably not that good for much more.

Yeah I agree. I think 'proven' science wise it's your usual Ch4 fare. It's still entertaining though even if only for titbits of sexual research history.

Hella you should watch it if you get the chance. Next weeks episode looks interesting, something to do with the propensity towards fidelity or infedelity.

Watched the first one, it was ok.Full marks to those who take part in some of the 'experiments' though.

I've got it saved to watch on Sky Plus+ hopefully catch up at the weekend.

Lovehoney - Bonny wrote:

I've got it saved to watch on Sky Plus+ hopefully catch up at the weekend.

I had the second one saved on Sky+, but had to delete, only 1% room left on it, got a tonne of Soprano's still to watch, and no time to watch it.

Caught bits of it, but didn't grab me. I find Robert Webbs voice a bit annoying after a while too