Attention: Lovehoney Chat

<3 Will be nice to see chat back at some point. And a huge thanks to the staff yesterday who spent ages helping sort my order. :)

I was just wondering if anyone still used the chat room over at Turtle Towers? Everytime I log on i seem to be the only person around. Admittedly, I only have the chanvce to log in on sundays and mondays, and usually in the evenings. But even then, it's quiet. So, does anyone still chat? I miss you guys

I stopped logging into Turtle Towers a while ago, i was always the only one in there!

:(

xxx

Just logged on, but it's a 'one sided conversation'...

Horny Glass Lover wrote:

<3 Will be nice to see chat back at some point. And a huge thanks to the staff yesterday who spent ages helping sort my order. :)

I am on the turtle towers chat sometimes if you wanna go on there :)

never got invited lol

Horny Glass Lover wrote:

never got invited lol

shame... would be good to chat xx

I am now on another site called sexual forums you can chat on there and they have a forum

Would it not be easier (somewhat) to incorporate a private messaging system rather than a private instant chat system? It might be more work to actually create but more reliable in the long run?

^.^ H2H ^.^

Great idea H2H - and a private message system is actually easier to create than an instant chat system.

I'd like to see a private message system implemented on Lovehoney, too.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Just after Christmas, Lovehoney underwent a technical overhaul which meant that we had to lose the Lovehoney chat function. It was buggy and frustrating for users and because it wasn't up to scratch it couldn't be transferred.

The tech team have assured me they will be implementing a new and better replacement, but it's likely this isn't going to be during the first half of this year. *sharp inbtake of breath* I know this is going to be a bummer for a number of you who love the chat function and the privacy it offers.

However... the Lovehoney Forum has loads of active members here to talk about sex and relationships, sex toys, lingerie and erotic fiction. And if you fancy more light-hearted chat, the off topic forum is pretty brisk.

Please remember: that the Lovehoney Forum is not and never has been a place for hooking up - whether for cyber sex, dirty chat, phone fun or real life meets. So if this was something you were doing via the chat function, please don't bring it onto the forum and remember to read the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/forum-rules/.

Thank you all for your patience.

Hi Alice,

As we are nearying the end of first half this year, well, sort of, how is the replacement of chat coming along?

X

robin

Ok hurry it back

robin wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Just after Christmas, Lovehoney underwent a technical overhaul which meant that we had to lose the Lovehoney chat function. It was buggy and frustrating for users and because it wasn't up to scratch it couldn't be transferred.

The tech team have assured me they will be implementing a new and better replacement, but it's likely this isn't going to be during the first half of this year. *sharp inbtake of breath* I know this is going to be a bummer for a number of you who love the chat function and the privacy it offers.

However... the Lovehoney Forum has loads of active members here to talk about sex and relationships, sex toys, lingerie and erotic fiction. And if you fancy more light-hearted chat, the off topic forum is pretty brisk.

Please remember: that the Lovehoney Forum is not and never has been a place for hooking up - whether for cyber sex, dirty chat, phone fun or real life meets. So if this was something you were doing via the chat function, please don't bring it onto the forum and remember to read the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/forum-rules/.

Thank you all for your patience.

Hi Alice,

As we are nearying the end of first half this year, well, sort of, how is the replacement of chat coming along?

X

robin

Tech ruled it out as a possibility completely for the first half of the year. Thereafter, it'll need to be considered alongside all the other technical features we ask for and prioritised accordingly. Sorry I can't give a clearer forecast!

MrBumcheeks wrote:

As an interim measure, I wonder if it would be doable to use an external chat room somewhere, with a separate room for LH members and a password given out on here?

I wouldn't use it but maybe it would be good for people who would.

I believe a user already set one up :-)

Ork wrote:

Jimi Duro wrote:

I cant understand the big hold up...

It's lovehoney... the customer care is the best in the world... but the forum is kind of stuck in the dark ages lol.

I can't disagree! We have to focus on what's the most important for the greatest number of customers.

Must admit chat would have been nice while I've been in bed for so long.

MrBumcheeks wrote:

As an interim measure, I wonder if it would be doable to use an external chat room somewhere, with a separate room for LH members and a password given out on here?

Alice, do we know who set up the chat forum and if it is still going?

Neil_69 wrote:

MrBumcheeks wrote:

Alice, do we know who set up the chat forum and if it is still going?

TTurtle set one up but as far as I'm aware it doesn't exist anymore because hardly anyone ever used it.

Oh well, i guess we shall hold out and see what the guys at LH come up with.... ive missed the instant chat messenger on here. I much prefer it to posting on the forums.