Baking

Random post, but I’m super into baking. Mostly bread, but anything really. Anyone else?
Just thought it might be nice to have a baking chat.

2 Likes

Does anyone have any recommendations of their favourite online influencers? TikTok, Instagram etc?
(Don’t know if that’s allowed on this forum, please delete if not.)

1 Like

We bake a lot of our food as a low fat alternative to frying.

I also bake bread for the grandkids. They like it better than shop bought bread.

When I’m having a really good energy, no-flare day, I sometimes randomly get the motivation to bake or cook. I used to bake a lot more before fibro kicked in (it’s scary how much that amped up in two years), and originally was going to undertake a pastry chef apprenticeship at one point :smiling_face_with_tear:

I absolutely love baking anything and everything, from bread to cookies to cheesecakes. Even if I don’t have a recipe, I’ll just throw something together. I also enjoy it a lot more if other people eat my food :yum:

My current OH has a lot of food intolerances, so there’s many foods he can’t have without substitutions, and his family don’t want to make the effort, so he never gets anything exciting food-wise :face_exhaling:
So I’ve told him that he can write me a list of everything he’s ever wanted to eat, and I’ll find substitutions, and slowly work through the list so he gets to enjoy as much as he can :smiling_face:

I don’t know the whole psychology of it, but there’s just something to having the kitchen all to myself, headphones on, baking or cooking away with no interruptions that’s just super therapeutic for me

1 Like

I loooooove baking and cooking. I rarely cook these days in our kitchen, it’s very tiny, no bench space and our oven doesn’t work :joy: we got an air fryer/convection oven thing (which was the best purchase of my life hands down) but have to improvise on what I can cook in as it’s quite small (compared to the oven). Two nights ago I cooked a lasagne in a cake tin :joy: did the job perfectly.

My signature dishes are:
Southern fried chicken burgers, lamb curry, pavlova, berry coulie cheesecake, chicken and spinach lasagne, sausage rolls, potato salad, and probably the most important - I make the best gravy :melting_face: it makes or breaks a dish :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I usually like baking cakes and things when stressed as it kinda helps clam me and take kind off the world.

I’m more of a grill man myself, but wife does some phenomenal baking. She makes a German Chocolate Cake that is just delectable.

Me too I enjoy baking bread or cakes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

OH loves to bake… Makes a right bloody mess though… I dont like sweet stuff, I prefer savoury. Her and Son usually polish it off.

2 Likes

Bread baker here, sourdough for the last 5y.

Tasty, easy, no additives or conservatives.
And did i say, tasty???

2 Likes