Afternoon tea anyone!

Right, made two lush cakes last night; fruit sponge cake and classic victoria sponge cake....who fancies a slice (of cake!0 and a cuppa from a funky dotty teapot?! Soooo English having cake in the afternoon but hey.

So, whats your favourite cakes/biscuits/desserts.......mine is normally anything with chocolate!! xxx

A chocolate cake from a French patisserie which I can only find if I go to London... Probably just as well :)

Its a dark chocolate sponge layered with praline and chocolate ganache!

I adore a proper Victoria sponge :)

Home made fruit scones with devonshire clotted cream and home made blackcurrant jam with a pot of Yorkshire tea

gunther wrote:

Home made fruit scones with devonshire clotted cream and home made blackcurrant jam with a pot of Yorkshire tea

Ummmmm I'm a Devonshire maid- best cream EVER lol xxx

Noon wrote:

I adore a proper Victoria sponge :)

Good job I made one then eh! ;) raspberry or stawberry jam though? I used mixed fruit....

Im a Yorkshire lad but hats off to Devon in the clotted cream department , Yorkshire just produces clots lol

Oh no! It has to be plum jam lol

just had afternoon coffee very nice with a nice cream donut.. i was naughty..lol

And also, the Channel Islands make the best cream ;)

Noon wrote:

Oh no! It has to be plum jam lol

Hmmm I dont think I have ever had plum jam in a cake...I will have to try it...guess you are from the Channel Islands then lol xxx cream wars!............... ;0)

Bigoneforyou69 wrote:

just had afternoon coffee very nice with a nice cream donut.. i was naughty..lol

Mmmm tasty...did you save me one? x

just had a slice of choc cheesecake with a cup of tea

i did but i got carried away and licked all the CREAM out of it...xxx;-)

Cream wars! Bring it on :)

Mmm tea and cakes. I 'll have whatever is going, if it's a scone wer'e talking Rhoddas clotted cream from Cornwall!

Had a scone, jam and clotted cream yesterday ..... hubby has eaten 3 of them .. and left me with nothing today

Dee thats grounds for divorce in our house

I just asked him a second ago whether there was one scone left (from a 4 pack, i had one), he shouted out that there is a 3rd of one left, because the rest was in his mouth and said i should have asked earlier then there would have been one left for me! This happens alot and it does anger me as he told me yesterday he bought a treat for us!! More like for him!!

Grrrr

dee thats a cardinal sin....neither of us take the last of anything without offering to the other...its a last rolo thing