Beginner Advice?

So, I discovered LoveHoney earlier this week, and it has been on my mind ever since. I've read through a number of the guides, but i'm aware that often the best advice is gained directly from others, and so I was wondering:
Do any of you have any advice for someone looking to break into the world of Sex Toys? Suitable items to start with, tips on use / technique that a beginner would be unaware of, that sort of thing?
If anyone could help me to learn a little more before jumping in, I'd be grateful.

Hi and welcome to this amazing world :)

Important things to know are the different sex toys materials (I would advice using only silicone, glass, metal and ABS plastic), and the different lube (water based lube is suitable with all sex toys, silicone lube is to AVOID with silicone sex toys (but works fine with glass or metal for example).

Butt toys need a flare base, and require the use of lubricant (because the anus does not self lubricate).

These are all infos you can find on guides though.

The most important thing in regrards to where to start is to look for sex toys that you find appealing. What kind of toys are you interested in? look out for these.

Newbies often find the idea of rabbit vibrators appealing, but these can be a gamble because they might not fit your anatomy (I own two and both fit me, but it's not the case for everyone). If you're interested in dual stimulation, it may be better off to start with an external vibrator (such as a bullet vibrator) and an internet one or a dildo and use them both at the same time.

I would also advice that you start off with cheaper toys (without compromising on the quality) so you can find out what kind of stimulation you like (you could be surprised, it's not alays how you thought it would be) and then upgrade to better quality/luxury toys if you like.

If you have any specific question, fell free to ask!

Enjoy

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Excellent advice from mamz!

All I would add is to make sure you read through the reviews on the products too, as these are extremely useful on helping to make your decision. Also check out the special offers, see link below, including the 3 for £10 deal which allows you to experiement without breaking the bank :) x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/

You're male according to your profile, right?
A good place to start might be the Lovehoney basics strokers or a tenga egg. Invest in some lube, pump action bottles and water based would be my advice.
A fleshlight is the best selling male masturbator so it might be worth checking those out but they can be pricey. The blewit is great, which is similar but cheaper.
If you like the stroker then you can supplement it with a cheap bullet vibrator for added sensation.
By the time your there you'll probably have a better idea of what you want to try, but my best advice here is avoid the autoblow

Are you up for a spot of anal play? The Lovehoney booty buddy is great for introductory play - just remember plenty of lube. I can thoroughly recommend buttplugs as a starter for exploring prostate play which can give amazing feelings.

Don't ignore your nipples either, over several years of experience I think my nipples are now equally as sensitive as a woman's and gets me hard in an instant.

For a spot of self promotion for a second, my Twitter handle is in my profile and if you find me there you'll see I'm running a giveaway of Lovehoney products which you could enter.

Hello there and welcome to the forum!

My OH also tried his first toy not so long ago. He got a Fleshlight and adores it and thinks it feels amazing. I highly recommend you getting a Fleshlight if you are interested in something for your penis :)

Hope you find something that you like on here (I'm sure you will)! Toys open up a new world :)

hello and welcome

the following guide should help you

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/

🐼

As a new forum user I wanted the name curvy couple but have curvy can any idea how I edit this

Curvyc wrote:

As a new forum user I wanted the name curvy couple but have curvy can any idea how I edit this

In the future, it would be best to start your own thread rather than commenting on something that isn't relevant as this is classed as off-topic and can be rule-breaking!

As for editing your username, you can't. It would cause glitches if we could all change our usernames whenever we liked and cause problems with reviews etc. You can ask customer care if they would be willing to do it for you, but it's not something that they like to do and I haven't seen it be done very often. I think there usually has to be some sort of reason other than just wanting to change it :)

ok aorry

Sorry

No worries :)

Thank you for all your advice, everyone. I've got a lot to think about!

Oops I'm sorry, totally assumed you were female :P

Just forget about the rabbit part then (unless you wanna try a rabbit, which is totally ok too :P)