Best bed and mattress for sex ?

Hello

Having broken the bed.... (yes while having a romp)... I need a new bed and its occured to me has anybody done any reviews for the best bed/mattress to have sex on ?

Loads of TV adverts go on about getting a good night sleep on their bed/mattress but they never mention sex, which seems a missed opportunity given that thats where most people have sex.

Anyhow, any recommendations anyone ?

Hahaha! This has struck a chord with me, as I also fell through my OH's bed slats during a passionate moment - it has always raised a smile and I must say, quite unforgettable.

I would say memory foam, I have always liked my memory foam mattress as it is less springy than a spring mattress (obviously) :)

A good quality foam mattress , also I would recommend a metal bedframe with metal slats ! I have a wooden bedframe but it has all fallen apart and we have to have sex in the middle of the bed where it is the most supported ,if we dont then we lean to one side during sex and end up falling out of bed lol . Has anyone ever tryed a water bed? I bet that would be fun

Have to admit I don't get on with foam mattresses. We have a good quality pocket sprung mattress, and it has held up to the vigours of us shagging on it for six years, so it has done well.

We have a thick oak bed frame with vertical slats on the headboard (so we can put our hands through to hold on or get more drive). We also replaced the thin slats with thicker ones (as it was just strips of wood with holes in it to screw them down). It has broken in a couple of places over the years, but some appropriate glue and screws and it is back together and still going strong. Before that, I had a metal frame, and it iwas much more prone to lateral movement.

We did try shagging on a water bed once, and I didn't particularly enjoy it. Again, too much movement. I like my bed to be firmer, so any movement is impaling me, not the two of moving in unison.

I have to admit I’ve broken several beds while I was with my wife. A metal bed frame held up the best plus it easier to tie her to if your into bondage. As for a mattress I’m going to say memory foam. Again for bondage reasons if your restrained for a lengthy period it provides maximum comfort.

For a mattress I'd definitely recommend a memory foam one , for a great nights sleep and great for sex too. Firm enough with a bit of softness on top so that you don't bounce around too much. As for the bed frame, almost every bed frame these days isn't that great for energetic sex, unless you can afford a solid wood one. However most can be reinforced/stiffened with some extra screws, glue, bits of wood, brackets etc. And you can improve/adapt most beds by adding a few anchor points or clips to attach rope and chains to https://www.screwfix.com/p/hardware-solutions-staple-on-plate-m6-x-50mm/40937 (please remove link if not allowed) easy to fit and very useful 😉

Think you want something reasonably firm for sex but not to firm for sleep. We have a mattress with memory foam on top which is ideal, and a solid wooden bedframe with striong slats. We've had 3 couoples playing on it without it breaking!

Years ago my ex and I had a futon which was good, but also have memories of a water-bed we once had in a hotel, much over-rated for sex.

For many years we had a water bed.

It was probably the most comfortable mattress we have ever had though not ideal for sex.

Very little support for hands, elbows and knees during doggy style sex and you had to be careful that the frequency of your movements didn't coincide with the natural frequency of the moving water even though the water was stabilised by internal foam.

We now have a memory foam mattress and this is far superior.

Thanks for all the tips ! and the "screw fix" link - is the name itself a double entendre !

I just want to add in be careful how soft/impressionable the memory foam is if that’s what you go for. We had a memory foam topper on a spring mattress and we quickly created a large dip in it. It was also hard to cuddle on after because he weighs significantly more than me so I’d always be sliding towards him, which was annoying when it’s hot and you just need a few inches of breathing room.

We purchased a Hypnos matress because Premier Inn's use them and they guarantee a good nights sleep or you get your money back..and also we've had lots of fun in Premier Inn's !! Not been disappointed so far.

Super King Size Ergoflex (like Tempur but cheaper) full memory foam mattress on an sturdy sleigh bed base (from Littlewoods I think). Best thing we've ever bought - great night's sleep, no sagging in the middle (I turn it every month) and no creaking or unwanted bouncing from the springs. I thought I'd miss having a headboard to tie things to but the underbed restraints work perfectly. We had a few minor issues with one or two of the slats popping out their slots so we got some thin wooden boards and popped them underneath, no issues since. Perfect.

We've had it about 6 years so will be looking at a new mattress in 18 months or so and we'll be going back for more of the same.

I used to have a bedframe that had solid wood to support the mattress. Worked great! Also recommend the hardest mattress you can find. Atm I have a bed from Ikea. The only one with a metal frame with rods (super practical!) and, again, the hardest (cheap) mattress available. 2 years later, it's steady etc but sounds a lot... xD

If you have a metal frame with rods, I recommend you get a carpenter to cut an exact size mdf board to go between frame and mattress as stops you and partners ever feeling the rods through mattress. Also to answer the thread question , I would say memory foam.

Checked mine, it's called Tempur , a mem foam and I recommend it , perfect for sleeping and shagging.Also for anyone after Mdf board cut to size for bed bases, most b and q stores will cut to size free of charge on machines.