buying a new bed

my current bed annoys me now, its funny that i saw non if this when i bought it. Its rubbish for sex!

the head board is solid, so there's no bars or frame to tie my oh or my oh tie me to. And its too low, like on the floor low. So if i want to position my oh on the edge or her on her knees over the edge in doggy im way too tall standing.

what other features do you guys look for in a bed? If only LH did beds lol

Underbed storage for all my stuff, and its nice to have an easily accessible drawer for toys.. :) and something that isnt gonna creak too much or metal frames that jingle too much if that makes sense?

I have the argos ultimate storage bed and its great for keeping all my stuff private because of the pull out bedside table with a drawer in. But you have gotta look at the mattress over the bed, lived in university halls last year and theres nothing worse than getting down to it and being stabbed by a spring thats unsprung!!

subbysam wrote:

Underbed storage for all my stuff, and its nice to have an easily accessible drawer for toys.. :) and something that isnt gonna creak too much or metal frames that jingle too much if that makes sense?

I have the argos ultimate storage bed and its great for keeping all my stuff private because of the pull out bedside table with a drawer in. But you have gotta look at the mattress over the bed, lived in university halls last year and theres nothing worse than getting down to it and being stabbed by a spring thats unsprung!!

haha the old spring in the back! Had that at uni, went for a memory foam mattress topper

I agree that Underbed storage is a must have, however the important thing for me is the mattress. We have individual pocket springs with a memory foam layer on top, which makes it extremely comfortable. The great thing with a pocket sprung bed is that if one person moves the other can't feel it. It's also great for sex, giving just the right mix of comfort and support.

We do have a solid headboard, but we use the Tracey Cox Soft Bondage Kit tied to the wheels of the bed, which works really well.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16308

When not in use, we just tuck the cuffs out of sight under the bed. We also have a couple of ropes attached to the height adjustment wooden struts of the headboard, which also get tucked away when not in use :) xx

I have a ottoman king size from furniture village and 2 mattress on top so its so comfortable. also its comes with a solid headboard and i ave put 2 hooks behind the headboard so can not be seen for my kinky moments ;)

I got my first double bed when i was 19, but living at home, and sex never crossed my mind when i bought it, mainly becasue my OCD was incredibly bad then and i was genophobic, actually thought at the time that i was Asexual as i had no interest or desire in anything to do with sex, but thankfully it is a quiet bed, so now i'm in a proper (long distance) relationship with our first meeting likely coming up soon, it's nice to know i have a quiet matress and no metal to creak :P (just a nosey dad!)

skap, great idea with the concealed hooks by the way!

Thank you virgin it works and can not be seen ;)

mine is king size i need space when I'm in bed... I don't care if it's right for sex or not it's about the space I have to sleep in!!
him one side me the other none of this cuddling s***

sex stuff can always be improvised like scorpius and skap said.

You need to change your mattress PP ;)

My bed is the best thing I own. We spent a whole weekend visiting all the bed ships and settled on a leather/wood/steel bedstead which has sprung slats. It is so heavy that even when you take it apart you still need 2 people to carry each of its 5 component parts. The mattress though is the most important thing, like Scorps we have a pocket sprung mattress which we have a memory foam mattress protector on. In total it cost over £1k but it was so worth it. After 10 years we've replaced the mattress protector twice. Its the mattress and protector that really count.
As others have implied, beds are for sleeping, anything sex related can be Improvised.

Our bed is king size with an orthopedic mattress and a memory foam topper giving the right amount of support. Its essential my bed is right due to my arthritis, i need support but the foam allows my joints to be cushioned. Our bed has little posts with knobs on so they come in very handy. If i could fit in a super king id get one.

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Our bed is king size with an orthopedic mattress and a memory foam topper giving the right amount of support. Its essential my bed is right due to my arthritis, i need support but the foam allows my joints to be cushioned. Our bed has little posts with knobs on so they come in very handy. If i could fit in a super king id get one.

We spent nearly 3 months choosing ours LMF we ended up with something very simular to yours . Whilst it had to be right to sleep on , we did consider sex on it equally so height was very important . We thought about doggystyle with me stood a long side the bed. Every bed we looked at my Wife crawled on to it slowly for me to be able to judge the height. Height is also important for giving a good massage.We did get a few stares from sales assistants. The other thing I looked at hard were the feet/ casters. Wish I'd spent more time on this. We spent nearly £2k. And the casters are plastic and after two years they are coming a part. I am in the middle of complaining.

A duvan is a must for seriously sexually adventurous folks. The storage for toys easily to hand is great. We did deliberate a lot about the head board. Bars with knobs to be able to do bondage? Or something comfortable to lie back against. We chose the later my wife likes to give a long BJ or HJ with me stood in front of her. On the bed she can relax and take her time. The other thing we thought about was the material of the headboard because of lube and me being a shooter we thought we must be able to wipe it down. So we have ended up with brown faux leather effect.

Pillows we had a great tip from a friend who is a physio. Don't by the same pillows ,choose the right one for yourself . I have a very dense heavy memory foam the wife has a much lighter traditional foam. Made such a difference.

Finally when you have chosen your sexual gymnastics playing field/ slumber pit. Be sure to get a good mattress cover to stop all the bodily fluids , lube , battery acid and rope burns from marking your choice.'?![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

skap wrote:

i ave put 2 hooks behind the headboard so can not be seen for my kinky moments ;)

Very good idea! I think I'll be looking into this...

We have a metal framed bed, so its perfect for getting tied up on but we do need a new mattress and have been looking recently but i wouldnt change the metal frame for the world.

Although recently we went to a sex toy convention and one of the things that was there was a four post bed but it transformed into a bondage bed, shackles, a swing and plenty of places to get tied up on. It was a pretty awesome concept, not sure if wed spend the money on one though.

No castors on our bed GG just solid wooden legs. The bed doesn't go anywhere! Lol.

I just have a double divan with storage underneath and an orthopedic matress. Would love a king size. Reading all the posts, I think I'd now consider a memory foam topper. I have under bed restraints, but haven't even used them yet! I'm not in a relationship, I just have a regular friend with benefits and we go to swinging clubs for sex, so my bed is purely for sleeping in, or solo play!

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

No castors on our bed GG just solid wooden legs. The bed doesn't go anywhere! Lol.

I put them in rubber cups to protect the oak floor. The bed doesn't move at all and their are 8 . When I looked I thought the were metal.![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Hmmm. Well I am think I did ok.... I bought a metal framed double bed from our local recycling centre... They were selling new beds and mattresses at £100 each😀.
It does squeak a bit.. But I think I need to tighten up the bolts....
I haven't got anything to tie up with yet . but I can see I already have plenty of places to do so😀
Let the games commence!

We've got a double divan with underbed storage ,it took us weeks to choose it and cost a fair bit too.Did think about upgrading to king size then thought of all the extra cost of getting new king size bedding and decided against it.
Did buy a lovely black metal framed headboard which I thought might come in handy for being tied up to, though metal cuffs tend to scratch it and make a lot noise, a quieter option is to use stockings :-)

well i don't mind a bit of squeak, i find it a turn on making lots of noise.

the lack of tie up locations on the headboard isn't too bad an issue as i see lh has a few under bed solutions.

the main issue is height, wonder if i could just get taller feet or add some blocks underneath.