Big Bust lingerie request

Are you sure you're measured right Ecksvie? From your very coy and sexy photo you looked highly balanced and hourglass-esque. A definite rocking waist there. You look like a 36-38 band to me and if I had to guess over bust, I'd say almost a 40". My boob-dar says 38D...which according to my chart is the same underwire as a 34F. I'm pretty Hell-hot with guessing breast sizes. Measure up grrrrrls ;) xx

It has been a year since I was measured so maybe I should get measured again, although it's not been years and years. Some of my 34 bras fit me fine, but others feel tight. I just put that down to different manufacturers. The trouble is when you're anything above a D, finding bras is a right pain. I miss the days when I was a 34C and I could stroll into Primark and come out with 4 or 5 bras for £20. I can't even get 2 for that now, even if I find a shop that sells my size. Having to replace my whole bra collection because I found I was a different size would be both difficult and expensive. I should probably go and get measured again though.

In regards to BHS, I've heard stories that some shops will tell you the wrong size if they don't stock the size you actually should be.

I do have a bit of an hourglass shape from the front but from the side my belly pokes out a bit. If I really slouch I look a few months pregnant! :(

I say 14-16 though, clothing sizes are a joke. My wardrobe contains items that range from 12-18.

Ecksvie wrote:

I say 14-16 though, clothing sizes are a joke. My wardrobe contains items that range from 12-18.

I'm the same - I have an amzing black knee length pencil skirt ina size 10 - i can just get into it as long as I don't need to pee the whole night cos I need assistance in pulling it down :)

Ecksvie wrote:

I say 14-16 though, clothing sizes are a joke. My wardrobe contains items that range from 12-18

I know that feeling! I have everything from a size 12 to a 20 in my wardrobe! Its shocking how much variation there is in clothes sizes.

Technicolour wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

I say 14-16 though, clothing sizes are a joke. My wardrobe contains items that range from 12-18

I know that feeling! I have everything from a size 12 to a 20 in my wardrobe! Its shocking how much variation there is in clothes sizes.

And it's so depressing when you've lost a bit of weight, are proudly wandering around in your dinky jeans wishing the size label was on the outside, and some inconsiderate store forces you to take clothes a size bigger than you were pre-weight loss! Doesn't matter that they're *really* a 10 if the label says 14: you can feel it burning into your bum. Or maybe I'm just a little mental. External Media

H&M piss me off with their sizes. I'm nowhere near squeezing into their size 16 clothes, and this seems to be the biggest size they do. I wonder if they did clothes in my size, what size they'd claim it was.

I believe this is the flip side of the coin in flattery to sell clothes - convincing sticks they're not anorexic.

I think it's all a scam. See, smaller clothes take less fabric, and thus are cheaper to make, right? So convince normal sized gals that they're fat heifers, make 'em get skinnier, and they'll buy the cheaper-to-produce clothes for the same price! I'm totally on to them.

*dons tin-foil hat*

My local primark has been terrible recently only stocking quite a few new items in sizes 8 and 10 only! Grrrrrr

x

I felt the need to dig up this thread to give Hella an update on my boobage lol!

Went and got measured today. The lady in Ann Summers measured me and told me I was between 38E and 38F. I've tried on bras in both M&S and Primark and went for the 38E as F was just too big, so I'm wondering if maybe I'm just 38E. You were pretty damn close though!

Isn't 38EE between E and F? I'm wondering if I should try one of those.

I went in La Senza and I'm pretty sure I saw a 38EE, but I refuse to pay £28 for a single bra, as lovely as it was. I managed to get a load of bras in Primark that'll keep me going for a while, but I'm gonna start looking around t'internet for some sexy ones! If I see any 38EE, I'll try one. If not, I'll probably just stick to E rather than F.

I wore one of my new 38E bras out and about today, and while it just fits, I do feel like a 38EE would fit me better. I think I'm gonna have to make do though! They're not so small on me that I feel like I need a bigger size, but I could do with it being a teensy bit bigger. the woman was right, I really am between sizes. F is too big, E is too small.

I googled 38EE bras, but all that seems to come up is women shouting about how they have one! Must be hard to find if there are websites dedicated to that lol.

Had a look at all the mainstream stores but none of them seem to have them. Even eBay comes up blank!

I also have a large breast size, I am a DD and if I go into a highstreet shop they are usually up to C or D. And I just pop out of them! Its a shame they dont do sexy underwear thats supposrtive for women with larger breast size! Then again thats what this thread is about :)

There are a few good websites for bras for those of the larger cup sizes.

I'm wary of if I'm allowed to post links to other websites though?

I'm a 36G and couldn't find bras anywhere but marks and spencers, and most of the bras in marks and spencers will have slight padding in and then it gets to DD and above and it goes to that horrible lacy stuff with no padding.

i need padding otherwise i am not supported whatsoever, i will not wear a bra with padding (it's not really padding as in wonderbra stuff, it like thin foam covering the whole cup) =S

anyway a few weeks ago i was in asda and imagine my surprise when i seen bras in my size!

i went on to purchase my first two sets of matching underwear! i haven't ever been able to buy matching underwear because my bras from m&s were £20 and up!

and i got two bras with matching knickers for £19!

i would definately recommend my fellow big boobed ladies to go to their local asda and you may find yourselves as lucky as i was!

VW x

@Vampyrewillow - I've also found that the larger Primark stores are getting better at stocking larger bra sizes now. The range isn't anywhere as big as their 'normal' sized bras, but its worth having a look.

Ecksvie wrote:

@Vampyrewillow - I've also found that the larger Primark stores are getting better at stocking larger bra sizes now. The range isn't anywhere as big as their 'normal' sized bras, but its worth having a look.

I'm hopefully heading into town this weekend so will have a peek! i love buying bras but being in college and not working leaves me with limited funds! so anywhere with cheap bras is a plus for me!

VW x

My friend used to have to buy "nan" bras, she was only 14 but she was a 34FF i think, she hated all the bras she had because they just weren't young people bras and her friends made fun of her (not me i'm two years older and have always had big boobs so knew how she felt)

i think she ended up going to simply be/yours online and she found a couple of decent ones in m&s.

i'm not sure about having the large back size and a smaller cup than usually found with the cup size, you could try ebay? i had to get my bikini from ebay a few years back because i couldn't find anywhere that did a 36g top and 16 bottoms =/

another friend of mine just cannot find bras her size at all as she is a 30DD or a 32D and she finds it really difficult, she has had a huge growth spurt though as she used to be a 32B and laugh because she could buy bras for a few quid and i was spending a fortune! but now i find it easier to find bras than her!

VW x

I can't help but wonder where sells a decent range of bras!

Nowhere goes down to my tiny 30C so I compromise and wear a 32B but Primark only stocks the plain black and white stuff in a 32B (though there are *some* sporty type ones coming in) yet, anything above a D is awkward to get?!

Baffles me - basically we have to fit into somewhere between a 34 and say about 38 inch back and a B - D cup. That can't cover over 50% (a majority) of people surely?

Adx

Quite busty myself, though am also rather tall and slim. Its mostly hell to find something that fits over my breasts without it screwing up my figure.

Hoping its different with this site, going to order some corsets and bodies tonigth!

And jeans are even worse, when the waiste is finally fitting just right the bottem of the pants is up to my shins.

Also, the brand Sapph seems friendlier to big busts- as far as Ive seen and felt!

Here's a link to their website, if you don't know them:

http://www.sapphlingerie.com/