Body confidence

Not forcing someone to do something shouldn’t even need to be said, about anything.

I’m hoping this works … this is a great analogy that might help the ‘fixers’ Its not about the nail

That video is great and love how it demonstrates that it’s not about fixing the issue and just listening :grin:
That is what I was trying to say as well because no one knows us fully but ourselves. So for anyone to be able to assist, they have to listen about everything else and then enable us to fix ourselves rather than doing it for us

Been married almost 35 years and my wife has always said “I am too fat” . Due to her disabilties she has gained considerable weight over the years and she does not grasp the fact that I love HER . Or that just some contact can give me an errection instantly and all she can say is " you poor guy" . I have tried pretty much everything over the years with little success . I always tell people the reason our eyesight gets worse as we age is natures way of making up for the downward condition of our bodies .

I genuinely can’t understand the video . Surely if someone has a problem, they want it fixed . If car breaks down ,and the breakdown mechanic says "you’ve run out of petrol (yes , I actually did that once :pensive:) , I don’t reply "your not listening) , I ask if they can get me some petrol .
Surely, if there’s a problem, you want it fixed ?

1 Like

Thats because you’re a fixer and when you try to fix the issue all you’re doing is frustrating the person with the nail in their head.

I’m a fixer for other peoples problems but I have a nail in my head for my own.

The point of the video is to show that people think differently.

1 Like

Tried that , courtesy of Lovehoney’s excellent range for larger women . She still feels the same . It’s just something I’ll have to get used to I guess

@GoGirl12 that’s a good point . When I had a mental breakdown, talking helped . It didn’t “fix” the problem, but helped me manage it better .

Thank you so much for all the responses. Me and my partner have read through them all and we’ve got some great ideas on how we csn try and change things.

3 Likes

@acaldwell92 I have never had body confidence as i have a big tummy (despite losing 3 stone) and ugly stretch marks but my fella appreciates my curves and loves every inch of me…literally. It’s wonderful and has allowed me to have the best sexual experience ever and i give myself to him totally.

2 Likes