Bye for now friends

@Mrs.John self care is important during these times, sending lots of love :heart:.

Yes! Love this :muscle:t3:

1 Like

Ah, the calm moment. I always think that means your brain is finally starting to see the wood for the trees. Always a good sign.

And I love her already. It is all too easy to lose yourself in these circumstances.

Sounds like he’s being reasonable. That’s a great start.

You know, he does come across as trying to do the right thing (at least on what you are saying). He does seem genuine, which is good if it true.

Bloody marvellous. We’re here for you. Time for you to start being less Mrs John and more Ms Whoever-you-are! xxx

12 Likes

Oh no @Mrs.John, I’m so sorry to hear that, I really hope everything works out for you, we’re here for you :disappointed::hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

My pleasure. Anything I can do…

People get different things out of sex, and indeed, what people get changes over time. There are all sorts of reasons. The sex may be the last thing that made him feel close to you. It may be that he thought, through sex, he’s sort himself out. It may just be that it has always been great and was still great, even if other feelings have changed.

If I’m honest, I wouldn’t concern myself with that sort of analysis - it will only twist you in knots. If you can, be happy that it was good for the both of you right up until this point. You have, at least, shared that.

1 Like

@Mrs.John we are so sorry to hear this.

Fortunately there is no third party whichnis such a blessing in such circumstances. What I (Mr) learnt was that if one partner says they want to leave, then trying to persuade the other to stay is fruitless.
It will hurt but i promise you, you will get over it, get stronger and meet someone new.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

My husband’s father thought the grass was greener, then came back, then went again. All in all, it left his mother as a shell. I’ve always taken the “never go back” view. So, whilst you are in counselling, that’s fine, but if you actually sensibly decide to split, for me, that would be it. He can’t have his cake and eat it, he can’t keep you hanging on in hope. That’s cruel. If he did decide you were the one, and you got back together with him, you’d still always be looking over your shoulder, and that is no way to live.

Agreed. Got to be worth a try. But if you did beg, that would change your relationship too, giving him more power, and probably more reason to look over your shoulder.

You’re deserve better than all that over the shoulder looking xx

5 Likes

Sorry you’re going through this. I don’t think we truly know anyone do we?

Has he said what’s changed to make him feel differently?

People might not agree with me but him calling sex just fun knowing sex means much more to you is cold and unfair and lack of respect for you.

1 Like

Absolutely, if Im honest I think we are done, just want to say we tried.
He has had months to think about all this. First I knew something was wrong was Thursday night.
Our Son is in the loop as much as he needs to be, he is sad but ok which is my main concern right now.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear it hun you know your supported here there’s no point in pushing against a locked door ! @Mrs.John good luck hun :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Holy cows!! That’s gotta have hit like a bombshell for you :fearful:
I’m really sorry he’s all a sudden said that and hope it can be fixed again. Maybe it’s a case of trying to discover what and when did it change for him and how that can be resolved…

Take good care of yourself and hope to have you back here soon and happy again :hugs:

2 Likes

@AJSTAR we have had a really good talk today. Think I have a better understanding of when this started. We have both got things that we need to change (for ourselves not specifically for the relationship).
Im a little more hopeful that we can move past this. Who knows.

Thanks again for the support all x

13 Likes

@Mrs.John @AJSTAR looks like we have gas a momentous week for us all for very different reasons let’s all hope we can move forward together the three musketeers :muscle:

6 Likes

@Mrs.John … You said you met 24 yrs ago.
So from my understanding of your age, you were both fairly young when you got together.
There can come a time( both men and women) , where one or possibly both, can feel like they missed out of playing the field when it was their time to do so.
Jump forward to their mid forties and this can be come more than a nagging doubt , and be come an obsession.
The important thing for both parties to remember is, you dont always appreciate what you have until it isnt there.
If possible, could you take some time away together just the two of you.
Talk it out every last aspect ( non judgemental).
It can be a period like this together, that can make people fall in love again.
If lust is eating at your hub, he would do well to think on how lonely life might be, once the initial passion of a new romance subsides.
I really hope you can find a new beginning.
Just tell him , as the song goes, " you dont know what you got till its gone." X

2 Likes

So Sorry to hear your news, must have turned your world upside down. Sending you massive hugs.

We have a friend, who was in a very similar situation as yours. She felt like her husband had pulled the rug from under her, such a shock when he told her.
They went the therapy route instead of calling in the lawyers. First thing the therapist did was sent him to their GP to check his blood etc to see if he was deficient in any hormones, vitamins, minerals etc which he was and after he was given the medication their therapist suggested he moved out to give them both time and space to heal. The therapist told them to go right back to basics, start at the beginning and go on dates. They were to spend time together getting to know one another again, learning likes, dislikes, to have fun and enjoy each other’s company away from the stresses of home life. They did this, after a few months he started to stay at the family home at the weekends.
(He saw their children all the time as his flat was near their house, his children visited whenever they wanted, they were very careful to keep the children out of most of their drama)
Long story short, this went on a while until he was back staying in the family home more than his flat. They still see the therapist, but less often more like maintenance visits, but they as a couple are happier and stronger.

Really hope everything works out the best for you both and you find your happiness. XxxX

4 Likes

@Iwill absolutely some things you said are spot on. I was a rather experienced 21 year old many previous partners. He was 18 and far less experienced and he fell hard.

We have both changed obviously, particularly me since lockdown, Im more anxious, less sociable, bit of a neat freak.

I think both factors above have played a part in getting us here.

We want to try, counselling really seems our only hope (along with both working on ourselves).

6 Likes

@Honey-Bear thats really interesting. I recently had full blood work as an “MOT” advised by my doctor, all clear. I may suggest it x

2 Likes

Their therapist described it a bit like a female menopause but for men, guess that would make it a menmenopause? X

1 Like

I hope you get passed it and come out stronger for it with some honest communication. Counselling will force you both to be really upfront with each other and it may be a bit brutal at times, as honesty sometimes is.

If you’re both going into it truly wanting to fix it, then that is half the battle.

You have us for ranting and support x

3 Likes

So sorry to read this @Mrs.John i hope that you can both work through whatever issues you have and come back stronger together :heart:

1 Like