Changing a published review?

Is there a way to change a review that has been published? I've discovered that I like an item much more than it sounds... (though the "problem points" remain...)

Or could I write a new one in French? Does Lovehoney have somebody willing to clean up my spelling and grammar - I'm far from perfect in that language...

Speak to live chat and see if they can help! If not you could always write a fresh review.

Just write another review, an updated one.

You could write a second updated review (mentioning in it why you wrote an update), and they would publish it. I have seen this happen on here already.

Otherwise, you can write a new one, get it published and then ask Customer Care to cancel your last one. I have personally had this done with a couple of my first reviews when I noticed after them being published that they had a bunch of spelling mistakes (for me English is not my mother tongue). I have been extra careful in spellchecking ever since (also because apparently they don't really correct spelling and grammar in English either if you look at how many reviews have mistakes published)!

As far as I know, they are not (yet) accepting reviews in any other languages than English.

era wrote:

As far as I know, they are not (yet) accepting reviews in any other languages than English.

That would be surprising, seeing as there is a French website - without reviews, and without videos... (which is why I was very happy when I discovered the EU site and then the forums on co.uk.)

Could somebody from Lovehoney please chime in here? The answer might be interesting for more people than just me...

(And your English is great, by the way - if you hadn't said I wouldn't have known that you are not a native speaker!)

Talia wrote:

(And your English is great, by the way - if you hadn't said I wouldn't have known that you are not a native speaker!)

+1 You have far better written English than most native speakers. It's actually embarrassing.

Caliente wrote:

Talia wrote:

+1 You have far better written English than most native speakers. It's actually embarrassing.

*blushing* Thank you, ladies!

I know Lovehoney is working on how to implement other language reviews, just not yet accepting them, I think. See this thread where languages were discussed with one of the LH team members: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1280274-please-bring-back-the-detailed-ratings/page-2/#p1280778 not long ago.

Caliente wrote:

I think this is because I have utmost admiration for words and languages in general (I’m a journalist, a published writer and a recitalist), so I very much care about vocabulary and grammar and intonation. But also because – at least the way I see it – who learns any language, tends to give more importance to it than a native speaker, I see it as a matter of respect towards something I received as a gift of my choice rather than something that was just “handed down” to me by birth. I always feel embarrassed to massacre any language with errors of speech so have quite a few inhibitions on my use of the languages I speak (my native one included). But thank you again for the compliment.

era - I admire your dedication. You inspire me to try harder with my foreign languages.

Back on topic - I think it's a very good idea to have reviews available in other languages. Hope it can be implemented.