Chat Facility Removed

Hi All

I had a live chat with the help team and asked about the forum chat facility. They said:

We have made the decision to remove the chat facility from the site for the time being until we are able to set it back up with a better more reliable chat system.

Not surprised. Just a shame we won't be able to chat for a while.

LV

OMG the sky will fall in, does Henny Penny and Fox Lox know about this?

how long 4 x

DOC1 wrote:

how long 4 x

dunno what this is all about I have just been chatting here

It is a shame but suppose it will be easier for them to work on it and will stop people from wondering if messages have been received or people thinking they're being ignored :)

lol i am chatting at the moment....can LH explain whats going on?

Actually my chat bar still shows as well x Still doesn't work though lol :)

My chat bard says people are online too :)

I'm guessing that it will disappear completely for a while and perhaps LH will post a message when that actually happens? Clearly they haven't done that yet.

Ye so does mine and i can still read the messages! Just can't reply :)

you on a i phone or apple product Lou?

Samsung

Laptop and using my chat right now

mine works fine on the laptop, the problem is with my phone.

Likewise, if I use my iPad then for days after it seems mucked up.

Any chance (LH) we can have an estimation on how long this will be? Are we talking days? weeks? months?
I have friends who I contact soley via the chat and it would be very very uncool if I were no longer able to..

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I'm going to look into this today and get an answer from our Tech team.

Gemma x

Sorry people I didn't think to ask how long chat would be out of action. My view is there is no point hassling the techs over this as it's a free service and it's good of LH to provide it.

TTurtle - same for me so I have joined the LH group on Fetlife.

LV

Lord_Vetinari wrote:

Sorry people I didn't think to ask how long chat would be out of action. My view is there is no point hassling the techs over this as it's a free service and it's good of LH to provide it.

TTurtle - same for me so I have joined the LH group on Fetlife.

LV

I'll have to check that out, thanks. Most of my friends I chat to either on fet, text or facebook but there are a few people I can think of who I chat to on a very regular basis on here and they don't have fet etc. Hrmmpp..

Having worked in tech the following debate will probably still be raging with the developers: "Idealy it should be fast, reliable, cheap however you can only choose 2"

Ah memories of many an IT meeting.................