Chat refugees PLEASE READ

Dear All, You're all invited to join me at Turtle Towers :D

As a temporary measure whilst the LH chat system is down, I have created a temporary replacement system in the form of an IRC server running on my home server. I've just cobbled it together and it won't be perfect but it's better than nothing.

Important information

1) This IRC service is in NO way connected with Lovehoney. If you have any issues whatsoever with the service or you experience any subsequent issues LH are not liable, they are not to be contacted and will accept no responsibility. I have no connection to lovehoney and any software or hardware used to provide this service is purely my own.

2) This free IRC service is provided by me, as is, and I give no guarantees to its uptime, availability, usability and security.

3) Please respect point 2, my home server running from my home internet connection, my rules. If this service is abused I will take it offline and it'll be ruined for everyone.

What?

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. Basically it is a chat platform, a chat room running on an IRC server is called a channel - the channel created for this purpose is called #TurtleTowers (please do not create additional channels, this will get messy and they will be closed and users banned). Channels are public chat rooms and whatever you say in the main channel will be visible to all so please bear this in mind. There is also the option to private message other users.

Why?

I have set this up using a bit of free software running on my home server as a temporary refugee camp for chatters whilst lovehoney revamp their chat system. As above it is an unoffical unsupported service. Once LH restore the chat system I will take it offline

How?

Instead of making this a free for all I would like to have a degree of control over who accesses the service. If you want access to Turtle Towers please e-mail me: tturtle@live.co.uk requesting access. You MUST include your lovehoney username with this e-mail. I will then reply with a set of instructions for you to connect. Please do not give these instructions to anyone else, if I see anyone in the channel that I have not had an email from they will be kicked/banned. Unless I have a very good reason I won't deny anyone usage, it is for all to use, but if individuals don't play nicely they'll be promptly kicked. I will aim to respond to emails within 24-hours but I'm a busy person so you may have to wait a little while.

Rules?

I am not defining any set rules, please use common sense - no illegal discussions, abusing other members, bugging members for cyber etc. If you feel you have a problem with another user please e-mail me or PM a channel operator and it will be dealt with accordingly. You also have the option within the channel to ignore other users if they giving you unwanted attention.

Moderation?

Moderators are known as Channel Operators on IRC, or ops for short. I can and will asign a few (I think 5 depending upon the interest) people with ops rights, these will need to be people I trust and will have some form of IRC and/or moderation experience. These ops will have the ability to kick users from the channel if they are causing problems etc. For now I will remain the sole operator but will invite users in the coming days, please do not ask to be an op.

Problems?

Please e-mail me, tturtle@live.co.uk or PM me in the channel. Again, I am busy and I may not be able to respond straight away :) I look forwards to seeing you all there!

I've replied to those who've emailed so far. Please check your junk email folders just in case as you both ended up in mine :)

You weren't in my junk mail, just normal email. I will have a look at this later though.

Ork wrote:

Emailed you, wasn't to sure what to put in it though lol :P

Just sent you instructions dude :)

Come on no one else gonna join the party?! There's 3 of us so far :D

Not a seasoned veteran like the rest of you... but can I come? :) x

Enjoy me wrote:

Not a seasoned veteran like the rest of you... but can I come? :) x

Of course you can :) as I said above its open to all :)

just drop me a mail at tturtle@live.co.uk and I'll send you the details

hey did u get my email hun x

amydb69 wrote:

hey did u get my email hun x

Just replying now :) x

edit: hotmail is screwing around :-/ will try a bit later

Just wanted to say, this works really well. I recommend it. And it adds a different dimension to be able to talk to people "live" in a group. Hoping more people will come hang out throughout the evening.

Ork wrote:

Party tonight possibly, cyber bar sort of thing happening :D

Woo well enjoy yourselves! I shall be out getting plastered for real ;)

Cat Lady wrote:

Just wanted to say, this works really well. I recommend it. And it adds a different dimension to be able to talk to people "live" in a group. Hoping more people will come hang out throughout the evening.

Thank you Cat Lady :)

All on my own now though :-(

One thing I will say is that my internet froze earlier so I got booted but it thought I was still logged in, so I had to log in as a different name.

although i only popped on briefly it is great fun a interesting to talk as a group an interact with people who you haven't on a one two one level

Have sent an email :-) xx

yummy mummy91 wrote:

although i only popped on briefly it is great fun a interesting to talk as a group an interact with people who you haven't on a one two one level

Happy anniversary for tomorrow, a year in the LH forums :-) xx

Have sent mail, fingers crossed

naughtywildfun90 wrote:

yummy mummy91 wrote:

Happy anniversary for tomorrow, a year in the LH forums :-) xx

thanks hun cant believe its been a year ive made some really great friends

OK haha well I think I have replied to everyone..I did half last night when I got home very drunk :-/
If you've sent me an email and I've not replied let me know lol!

edit: oh thats with the exception of PPD, I'll send you the email now lover and get back to your other email at some point today :) x

ok ok I'm emailing you now, keep your shorts on demandy

LauraP wrote:

ok ok I'm emailing you now, keep your shorts on demandy

haha replied to you :)