Chat

Any news when the chat feature will be back? Was fun chatting to friends :)

It would be nice to know. Hope it comes back soon as I had only been here a week or two when it went and had only 1 friend at that time :)

I think that when chat was disabled the indication was that it would be at least six months before it would be up and running in its new form, so it is probably still at least. A couple of months away.

Good question, W.

Judging by the thread 'Now chat has gone' in the 'Inside Lovehoney' forum, it's gone for good. Shame, as the ability to chat does add a massive extra dimension. What we are left with is a bit impersonal, though you can still get your thoughts out there. You just have to hope someone bothers to read it.... and if they do, that they receive it well.

Makes me nervous, not getting feedback. I start thinking everyone is saying to themselves 'God that Lifebuoy..... what a tosser!'

Have a read here. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/627284-attention-lovehoney-chat/

BC, chat happens in a Chatroom..... you don't have to go in. But LH are thinking about having a messenger service instead, in which case you'd get a message flagged up in your account. Don't know about you, but I'd find it mighty hard to say 'I'm not going to read any messages'.

As I wasn't a member of the forum when the chat feature was available so I don't no what I'm missing, however chat is something I'd like there to be. Maybe everyone should say if they want it and what features they want, full chat room, private messaging etc

Romeo Papa wrote:

As I wasn't a member of the forum when the chat feature was available so I don't no what I'm missing, however chat is something I'd like there to be. Maybe everyone should say if they want it and what features they want, full chat room, private messaging etc

RP, you need to read the Chat thread in the Inside Lovehoney forum. I think there was technical problems with it. But yes, I agree.

MrBumcheeks wrote:

Ohh, sorry, I was confusing it with a messenger service.

I wouldn't want to be receiving private messages, personally. If that feature was here and I couldn't switch it off, it would put me off coming here.

BC, I assume that the Chat Room at LH was like the one's I used to use years ago. It's not a big deal or anything threatening. There's just a continuous listing of what people write.... comment from person A is followed underneath by comment from person B. That way you can hold a conversation. You also have the scope to have a private conversation with someone. So you would ask them if they'd like to chat privately. If they don't want to, they can decline. But private chat is great if you want to have a conversation that other people don't butt in on. It also has the possibility of cybering.... which I guess is the bit you are not interested in.... cos you wouldn't want to be unfaithful to your OH

Lovehoney "chat" was not a chat room, it was simply a pop up box that allowed members to direct message people on their friends list in a one to one manner - there wasn't a group chat option.

You could also opt out of "chat" by making yourself invisible meaning nobody could send you a message but you were still free to post on the forum.

It was a bit like facebook chat but you could not leave a message. Was only when.person was online

Oh, thanks guys for putting me straight. So MrBumcheeks could still have protected himself from unsolicited messages without any problem.

Though speaking as an ex-cyber enthuisiast, it doesn't sound as good as a Chatroom, as you couldn't make a (subtle) open approach to everyone, in the hope of there being someone in the room who was in the 'mood for love'.

But the old Chat still would have been worthwhile I guess. But then you would have had to pester people to accept you as a Friend..... I can see how women could get pissed-off with 'unknown' men wanting to be their Friends. And I can see how people could get hurt by having their offer of friendship rejected.

As someone who never used chat when it was here, I always took it as literally a means a chat to friends. Thought it was always clear that if you wanted to 'cyber' this was definitely the wrong place to do it in. Am I right or just naive? I'm sure I used to see lots of people, particularly women, complaining about chat being used inappropriately? I thought LH had removed chat as they felt it didn't fit in with what they hoped the forums would be used for. Same as the rules on uploaded photos being changed to only allow photos displaying a product on sale? There used to be loads (!) of photos appear on a monday morning as if it was someones facebook account! Personally thought forums became a nicer place again since chat disappearred - might be alone in thinking that though?

i used to use chat for speaking to LH customer care etc, if i had a problem, if i wanted advice on something from one of the, as i dont have any friends on here, and i wasnt really posting in the forum when i first joined, it was nice to have some insider help.

Welshman wrote:

Any news when the chat feature will be back? Was fun chatting to friends :)

hope its back soon

Hey all. Just thought i would let everyone know i have added my email address in my description. Mega bored at the moment so please feel free to message me and say hello!