clocks changing

Who here hates it when the clocks change like go back one hour so we have less sleep it makes you feel more tired.

me me me, kids dont understand and get up at the same time, its fine in summer cos technically its an hour later, but then you are trying to get them to go to bed earlier, and in winter they wanna get up an hour earlier and who really wants to be up at half 5 when they dont have to?

I hate the hours sleep you loose. However my boy is still snoring his head off so I'm making the most of the time, just chilling with a nice cuppa.

I am looking forward to the lighter evenings, just hope we get the nicer weather that goes with it. Wishful thinking! x

This one is harder cos of losing the sleep, especially cos I got up at 6 to watch the F1, but the lighter evenings make it worthwhile...

I don't mind the one in October obviously cos of the extra hour in bed....

I hate this one, got up at 8 and it was already 9.Plus had 1hour change yesterday as well, as I am in continental Europe for 3weeks. Hate it

Sorry laveila I dont understand about yesterday can you explain,and whats Continetal Europe.Where are you from?

Definitely hate this one! Don't really care about lighter evenings, they're meant to be dark.

Want me that extra hours' snooze.

That said I woke up stupidly early and have nothing to do today, so I'm almost glad this time...

hustla wrote:

Who here hates it when the clocks change like go back one hour so we have less sleep it makes you feel more tired.

jsut like to point out they went forwards so we lose an hour. (it would feel like 2am but actualy be 3am)

If they went back we would gain an hour. (it would feel like 2 am but actualy be 1am)

Plus its over a weekend so most people can have a lie in. Also lighter evenings are good

When did the clocks go back?

bunny o.a.s.d wrote:

When did the clocks go back?

Clocks went forward last night.

An easy way to remember is spring foward, fall back!

last night at 3 am

last night at 3 am

i hate the clocks going forward. we got up at half 6 to watch the F1 and i didnt go to bed while 11 so thats about 6 1/2 hours sleep and thats not much sleep for me. I'm with boobaloo kids dont do well with the change in time and ive got to look after about 16 of them 2mora then ive got parents eveninng its going to be a long day! its a good job i love my job1

this one hits me the hardest cause i dont do well with sleep. It feels weird this year as clocks changing usually coincides with easter and my dads birthday (25th) but easter is late this year

cmand wrote:

Lets have some years going backwards, not hours going forward I say.

ditto good idea indeed

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

This one is harder cos of losing the sleep, especially cos I got up at 6 to watch the F1, but the lighter evenings make it worthwhile...

I don't mind the one in October obviously cos of the extra hour in bed....

Except if you're working a night shift!

I don't mind the clock going forward. Now when I wake up on the weekend and can't get back to sleep it'll be 9am instead of 8 am which is slightly better :)

hustla wrote:

Sorry laveila I dont understand about yesterday can you explain,and whats Continetal Europe.Where are you from?

Continental Europe is 1hour ahaed of UK. I went from UK to Czech Republic so my day was 1hour shorter and then I hit the time change as well. The time zones changes when you cross the Channel. So even France, Belgium etc are 1 hour ahead of UK.

Although... Eastern Europe is 2 hours ahead of UK time, CZ only 1

but portugal isn't, and spain is. Time zones are not stright. They bend all over the place. Have a look at this thing off the bbc website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12849630