Coming off the pill-personal experiences

Ok, so I came off the pill about two months ago now. All is fine, my periods have been carrying on as regular and as normal to when I was on it (this is my second period since coming off it, I was on ciliest). I found this unusual as I have read it's commonplace for your periods to not be regular or even have one at all for a few months after coming off the pill, but then I suppose everyones body works in different ways to the next person?

I am feeling just as good if not better in myself and personal wellbeing, I didn't get any horrible side effects during the 7 years I was on cilest, except for slight bloating, nothing that bothered me too much or became an issue. I feel happy and positive about things, and do feel not as bloated now that I am off it. My appetite remains the same, I do eat alot, but I still maintain my size 10/12 figure, but I do feel somehwhat since coming off cilest, my patience isn't so long as it was before when I was on it, although I've always had a pretty short temper anyway.

Now I have read many things about oral contraceptive pills and being on or coming off them in regards to especially weight gain, some few who have lost weight although this seems uncommon. During the 7 years of my pill, I did gain slight weight (I went from 9stone 7 pounds to 10 stone over the time span of the first few years), but at the time I went on it I was 16, and it could've just been my body developing out in it's last few years which I feel was the most likely reason. This didn't bother me as like I said I still remained a size 10/12.

One thing that's worrying me though is that since coming off it 2 months ago, I have lost half a stone in weight, I don't mind this but it seems an alarming amount of weight in such a short space of time? Again I am still a size 10/12, and my apetite remains the same, I'm not exercising any more than I normally do which isn't much at all.

Anyone had any personal experiences like this or any advice?

rb

x x

It was a while ago now, but when I came off the pill I lost about 6lbs. There's a lot of debate as to whether the pill makes you gain weight or just increases your appetite. I personally believe that anything messing with your delicately balanced hormones has the potential to change your weight, size, mood, health...

So I shouldn't think that's too abnormal, really. The only contraception I've been on that hasn't changed my weight or appetite is the implant, which I still have now and love to bits!

A woman of "average" size like you can easily lose up to 1.5 lbs a week, so you could healthily lose almost a stone in two months. A larger lady could healthily lose 3 or 4 lbs a week! =)

If your weight has been fluctuating while on the pill anyway (regardless of when) this could be a perfectly normal change in hormones for you... For now I wouldn't say it's a cause for concern, especially if nothing else much is going on and you feel fine! Just see how it goes ^^

Take care! x

Quick note though; I'm not a doctor! I'm just answering with my personal experience and knowledge (in and out of doctors like a jack-in-the-box)... So if you are worried about anything... Do see a professional, obviously =3

Hormone balance and weight gain / loss are closely linked. I'd say this sounds reasonable, but your GP should be able to tell for certain.

A check-up wouldn't be a bad idea, but certainly don't worry about it yet.

It's probably a hormonal thing, like everyone else says get it checked out. It could be that you've lost weight because you're not getting bloated anymore, if you're no longer retaining fluid it could be the cause. I suppose if you're not continuing to loose weight it's much less of a problem as well.