Copenhagen ... Suggestions

Morning all
We are off to Copenhagen for four days in a weeks time... Any suggestions / tips on places to see, go to eat ??
Cheers
X

Definitely go to the Tivoli Gardens and have a beer at a cafe on Nyhavn (go to the the public loos underground at the end - the architecture is amazing).

I went to Copenhagen in January last year and I have a few recommendations -

If you are in to your chocolate, you absolutely have to try Marabou chocolate. You can pick it up in any supermarket or 7Eleven in Copenhagen and it's absolutely divine. It's a Swedish chocolate but it's so delicious and hands down my favourite chocolate in the world. Comparable to the creamyness of Galaxy chocolate.

I also recommend visiting Torvehallerne - it's an indoor market with sellers selling all sorts of delicacies. Even if you don't eat or buy anything, it's wonderful to look around and take it all in. There is a great bakery too with so many danish pastries.

Conditori La Glace is worth stopping by at for Danish tea/pastries etc. I believe it's one of the oldest tea rooms in Copenhagen if not in Denmark.

Go up the Rundetaarn for a view over Copenhagen, it costs pennies if I remember rightly.

The cafes at Nyhavn are great too - typical Copenhagen that you get when you google Copenhagen on google images.

If you want to avoid Danish food - Bronx Burger Bar and Kate's Joint (Indian food) are good choices but I recommend trying some Danish smorrebrod, they are delicious open sandwiches with all sorts of toppings.

Have a great time!

The only thing I know that's in Copenhagen is the little mermaid statue. I've wanted to see that since I was a little girl.

Ooh, Rebecca, now you made me want to go! :)

Hi Rebecca thanks for the tips ... my wife cant wait to see the Rundetaarn and the Torvehallerne market.. they are on the list to do