Corset Sizing Help Please

My sister Ordered us corsets for my burlesque themed hen party there and they don't fit me =[

My sisters was a little tight, so she's going to get a larger size.

Mine on the otherhand was tight, but the bust way too big. When i tried on hers (a size larger than mine) it fitted fine, but the bust again too big for my small boobs. i had imagined theyd look bigger! =P

I'm near sure we are doing the backs of them up right - it was either still too big around the bust or gave me massive underarms boobs leaving me unable to breathe.

time is running out to get something and i would very much love to dress in burlesque all the other girls have theirs sorted and i'd be disapointed having to dress in something else, it being my hen party n theme idea n all. lol.

I'd appreciate any advice or help. cheers. =]

dyou mean proper corset sizing, i.e 22, 24, 26, 28, or is it s,m,l / 8,10,12,14? if the proper corset sizing, you should be able to mold it to your body shape

Best advice I ever got about corsets was to get fashion corsets. There are the real steel boned expensive corsets that size according to inches and offer waist reduction and there are fashion corsets that go by regular fashion sizes (12,14,16 etc) but offer no waist reduction.

If you have small breasts you should shop for fashion corsets as they suit whatever size. The real corsets have that hourglass shape that can be perfect for hips but leave your breasts floating.

Your third option is to not bother with full corsets at all and go for underbusts. I do this as I just cant get corsets to fit my small breasts. A black underbust looks amazing over a white shirt.

Hope this helps!

I second what fistinglover69 and S&S have said. Is it a fashion corset or a waist-reducing corset?

If it's a fashion corset/basque, take a look at our Fitting Guide for Basques and Bustiers. You will want to buy for your dress size/bra size.

If it's a waist-reducing corset, take a look at our Fitting Guide for Corsets. You will, generally, need to measure your waist and go for a corset that's 4 inches smaller in the waist than your measurement.

Good luck, and remember that customer care are on hand. Just have your measurements handy and they can help - they know which brands come up smaller, larger etc.

I concur with what everyone else here has said, but will also add that the way you lace your corset will have a huge impact on the comfort and fit too.

On any corset (whether fashion or tight lacing) the bow should be in the middle of the corset and from the back should sit just above the small of your back. Not all corsets are sent out like this so it's always a good idea to re-lace them yourself. This will not only make the corset pull you in in all the right places, but it will also keep your corset looking in the best condition, for much longer.

Corsets which tie at the very bottom tend to not be so flattering and don't last as long. But don't panic! Re-lacing can solve this problem!

On steel boned waist reduction corsets you fill find there is usually reinforced band which runs around the middle of the inside of the corset. This is there the most "pull" should be so stop you damaging the other sections of the fabric.

You may find this link useful for seeing how to re-lace your corset if you're not too sure how: http://passionalcorsets.wordpress.com/lacing-corsets/

Yeah, it really depends on the type of corset! Even with waist-reducing ones, they are usually mass produced, and even if you get the "correct" size, it may not be perfect depending on your body shape.

My corset does fit me, but in order to have my boobs secure, I do have to fall prey to a little of the underarm boob, as you described it. There's no avoiding that! There's no way to cinch around your chest without squeezing everywhere, and if you have flesh anywhere, it's gonna get squeezed.

I would do a double-check on your lacing -- as mentioned above, the tie shold be in the middle -- and don't forget, you can lace the top tight and the bottom loose. The laces don't need to be even all the way down.

Another tip, especially for "too tight" corsets, is to break them in before tightening them completely. Put it on and tie it loosely -- just so that it stays up on your body -- and wear it for an hour or so. It'll heat up and adjust to your shape, then when you go to lace properly it will be much easier. I do this when I'm going to kink events, I throw on the corset under a regular top, then cinch it properly when I get there, and it fits better and is more comfortable.

best of luck!

shellyboo wrote:

Yeah, it really depends on the type of corset! Even with waist-reducing ones, they are usually mass produced, and even if you get the "correct" size, it may not be perfect depending on your body shape.

My corset does fit me, but in order to have my boobs secure, I do have to fall prey to a little of the underarm boob, as you described it. There's no avoiding that! There's no way to cinch around your chest without squeezing everywhere, and if you have flesh anywhere, it's gonna get squeezed.

I would do a double-check on your lacing -- as mentioned above, the tie shold be in the middle -- and don't forget, you can lace the top tight and the bottom loose. The laces don't need to be even all the way down.

Another tip, especially for "too tight" corsets, is to break them in before tightening them completely. Put it on and tie it loosely -- just so that it stays up on your body -- and wear it for an hour or so. It'll heat up and adjust to your shape, then when you go to lace properly it will be much easier. I do this when I'm going to kink events, I throw on the corset under a regular top, then cinch it properly when I get there, and it fits better and is more comfortable.

best of luck!

because of the way corsets are laced, you can have the top and the bottom looser than the rest. i have to have the bottom of my corset really loose because i have high hip-waist ratio but i can still cinch the waist really tight too. there are ones that accommodate for big boobs if you ever wanna buy another one

fistinglover69 wrote:

because of the way corsets are laced, you can have the top and the bottom looser than the rest. i have to have the bottom of my corset really loose because i have high hip-waist ratio but i can still cinch the waist really tight too. there are ones that accommodate for big boobs if you ever wanna buy another one

Oh I know! I meant about the underarm boob thing... if you have the top laced tight, and you have flesh under your arms, then that flesh is also going to be cinched. I suppose I mean there's no way to only cinch the front and not the back. It's difficult to avoid having a little overflow if you have some flesh/fat around your upper body, is what I mean.

shellyboo wrote:

fistinglover69 wrote:

Oh I know! I meant about the underarm boob thing... if you have the top laced tight, and you have flesh under your arms, then that flesh is also going to be cinched. I suppose I mean there's no way to only cinch the front and not the back. It's difficult to avoid having a little overflow if you have some flesh/fat around your upper body, is what I mean.

ahhhh! i get what you mean! if you kinda like, grab everything in the direction you want and THEN tighten the corset, it helps get rid of this quite a bit. so like, push the underarm bits riiiight down so the skins stretched and tighten it over this so that the skins tucked under it and not sitting on top, if you get what i mean!

Vollers - Making corsets since 1899

http://www.vollers-corsets.com/sizing-guide

Wow thanks for the response guys! Turns out whichever way it was being laced up, it was being laced up wrong.

My sister came to my rescue and laced me up right and now my boobs look great in the corset, as do I. She even got me in it without under arm boobs. =] She's got me feeling confident wearing it, which im so relieved as my self esteem isn't exactly at a high =P

and now I've tried on a corset I can't wait to buy more and more! adictive!

Can't wait for my hen party now! And it was so lovely for everyone to respond =]

This is the reason why i went straight to lovehoney forum. Everyone is so nice and helpfull here =]

Thanks!