Corset questions

Hi everyone, I love corsets but I have a couple of questions that I thought someone might know the answers to:

1. I’m thinking of buying an underbust corset and wondered what I could wear underneath to cover my boobs? It’s just for bedroom wear so doesn’t need to be decent! I’m not sure if a bra would look right? Any thoughts?

2. I have a lovely corset but it doesn’t have a back panel (you can see the skin through the lacing), personally I don’t like to see my back because, when I tighten the lacing, it causes a line down my back which is rather unattractive. I wondered if anyone has attempted to add a back panel themselves or has any tips on doing alterations? The corset is black satin and lace. It’s a bit of an obscure question, sorry!

2 Likes

I haven’t got a corset myself but I was thinking maybe a babydoll would look ok under one or a chemise ?

2 Likes

I love underbust corsets. I’ve found bras are fine with them providing you get the right combination (like any lingerie really). Matching the bra to your knickers looks better than matching the corset.

Otherwise I’ve worn lacy dresses, vest tops, crop tops, a chiffon robe (also works over the top of the corset), all sorts really.

2 Likes

Brilliant, thanks! I just had a good idea. I have an old corset that is a bit too big (I’ve been keeping it because it is beautiful and just incase I put on weight again). I think it might have a back panel so I could take it out and swap it over, not sure if it the same colour though :thinking:

2 Likes

I love corsets too - all styles!
If you wear a bra with an underbust, matching the fabrics can look really amazing - satin bra & french knickers with satin corset for a retro look, lace bra with mesh or lace corset. Shelf or open cup bras are also great if you want a bit of support but not necessarily coverage.
I love a fishnet body stocking underneath a corset or a harness on top. Possibly both :slight_smile: A transparent blouse over the top of a corset also looks very tantalising.
I’m not brave enough to post pics but corset outfits are my absolute faves

4 Likes

Some corset companies also sell separate modesty panels in various sizes - I’ve just checked, and if you Google ‘corset modesty panel’ a few options come up…

1 Like

I have several underbust corsets but only worn them with an outfit…bra and short thin top.

Overbust ones yes. I have many…steel boned are the best for long term wear as plastic bones tends to bend and go out of shape after a couple of wears.

As for adding a back panel…I have done this. I bought a karate satin sash which is a very long double thickness of fabric quite wide satin ribbon. As in 2 metres by about 6 inches which I then cut down to fit and make a plain back panel which I then stitch to one side.
You could use press studs or velcro or just pop it in place too.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Wow! Now that is a good idea, I like the idea of velcro too I’m not the best at sewing. Small jobs are ok but big ones not so much so.

I’m pretty good at alterations and making outfits.

I’ve also been to charity shops…
(Another hobby of mine…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) looking for matching coloured items to make a panel or to add a little something to some outfits or also to make into something totally different.

1 Like

My other thought is to get a new overbust corset like this one

But there isn’t a picture of the back! Anyone have this one?

You could get in touch with customer sevices and ask…
Shame there’s no image.

Good thinking. Will try that. I’m trying to drop hints to my OH to get me something from my wishlist

I have worn them out for hours…sat down…walking around…dancing…love the shape they give me as I am naturally curvy with a small waist and love how I look in them.
They take getting used to but worth the extra cost for the full steel boned ones.
Good luck

1 Like

I think corsets are soo sexy, I really want to buy some but not too sure where to buy them from so if anyone has any suggestions do let me know.

Could could probs wear a cropped tan top or sports bra type vest underneath.
or even a lace to mesh teddy. xx

1 Like

I love the idea of a chiffon robe with an underbust corset, that sounds stunning. Would definitely work on top of the robe to show of your figure or under it as a sexy reveal.

Hope it’s okay to jump on this thread. I absolutely love corsets and the look of them, but always just find them near on impossible to get on by myself. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? Or which type of corsets are best for getting on by yourself? Thank you in advance!

If you buy the type that lace up at the back, but fasten with hook and eye type fixtures at the front, you can do them up quite easily once adjusted for your body.

1 Like

No worries @SexInTheCity they are tricky to do up! I haven’t got the hang of it yet either. As @WillC said, the ones with hook and eye fastenings at the front help a lot. I find i need to try it on, get an idea of where the lacing needs to be tighter and where it needs to be looser, take it off, adjust roughly and put it back on to tighten. It’s just trial and error I think, I’d be interested if anyone else has any suggestions. It would be easier to have someone to help put it on but that’s not really the point when it would be the same person who helps you out of it later!

1 Like

I find them quite easy to do up loosen them right up. I always put them on as loose as poss . Straighten the modesty panel out . Give the ties an initial tighten and then I’ll start again at the top of the rear lacing hook your thumb under where the lacing crosses pull-the slack in and pull the lace end to tighten . I do a couple of the cross overs then do the same from the bottom up until you meet in the middle . Then re tighten after 10 mins of so you’ll be surprised how much tighter you’ll get it.

3 Likes

Hi @Sophie01 I haven’t bought any corsets from LH yet, my new one probably will be though. One of my previous ones was from another high street retailer, the quality was OK but not brilliant and was only suitable for bedroom wear. The others were from independent corsetry shops in London, these were much heavier with thicker lacing and more rigid bones. They were for outside wear rather than bedroom wear so it depends what you are wanting them for. If I get one from LH I’ll do a review and if I’m still around on the forum I’ll update you!

1 Like