Crossdressers of LH

I go away on fancy dress weekends alot…and it’s so good to see all the various outfits…I have around 60 different outfits. Lots of different fabrics…styles and themes.

As I am a very chatty person…NOOOOO WAY I here you say…seriously it’s great to talk in depth to blokes who use these weekends as an outlet for their desire to dress up in whatever they like. They ask me for advice regarding make-up…wigs…hosiery…footwear purchases.

It’s quite sad that some of these blokes feel they can’t talk about their clothing preferences with partners and family members…it gets emotional at times and it’s so sad when they open up to me.

Clothing is just material and doesn’t hurt anyone…as long as no-one exposes themselves…we should be able to wear what we feel comfortable in… we are all different and if something makes you feel “YOU” and gives you confidence then wear it.

9 Likes

I was chatting about shoes with the barmaid in the pub/hotel I stayed in at the weekend. I shared a couple of my forum posts

3 Likes

It is sad that you should have to feel this way. I have to say I’d probably feel the same. I‘ve cross-dressed in student days with an appreciative and open minded audience in the safe confines of a college campus. But out and about, in everyday life, it‘s pretty easy to find closed minded people, and to feel less safe showing this side of you.

Talking to younger people (20 & 30somethings) the ideas of a multiplicity of sexualities, kinks, romantic preferences, and different types of relationships, are pretty widely accepted (I’m obviously making a broad generalisation here. There are plenty of people over the age of 40 who are open minded too!)

A strong tradition of LQBTQ+ advocacy, Pride events, RuPaul’s tv shows, the Ballroom scene in general, and a whole host of other cultural events and movements have helped open up real-world spaces for an outlet to these commonly held feelings and desires.

Talking recently to several hetero female friends about RuPaul’s Drag Race, and cross-dressing men more generally, I got the distinct impression that men who were able to lean into their feminine side were perceived as very sexy, less threatening, being more true to themselves, and less prone to toxic masculinity.

While many women appreciate these qualities in a friend or relative, I was very pleasantly surprised by how many either had been, or were in a relationship with a cross-dressing male partner.

I say give people the benefit of the doubt. Be proud of who you are. Be open. But do be aware you may have to meet a few closed minded ones in the mix. And you‘ll just have to tell them to jog on…

7 Likes

Hi Jack,

New to this site and immediately found one of my favourite topics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Id love that granting, i look forward liking your photos.

1 Like

Hello & Welcome to the forum @OCDv8

1 Like

I’m 29 and have dress privately for I’m 15 years so I think this is a great idea. Lovely to meet you all :blush:

3 Likes

Hope you’ve all had a great weekend. Just thought I’d share with you all I went to the local pride event yesterday all dressed up with a friend.

Had an absolutely amazing time meeting new cross dressers and even got myself a date for this week!

If you get the chance please do go to a pride event, they are the most welcoming and empowering places where you can meet and get to know lots of lovely open minded people :blush:

4 Likes

Hi All!

How is everyone? Anyone buy anything new recently (I’m going to put a new order in on LH today and am looking for ideas :slight_smile:)? Have any exciting stories to share.

Jack x

Hey Sam, welcome!

Went to London pride (male mode), had an amazing time!
totally agree with you Sam. Very inclusive atmosphere. Amazing people.

Hey @OCDv8! Nice! Feel free to share your journey (if comfortable). Are you new to crossdressing or has it been a long standing passion? x

Those weekends sound like a lot of fun.
Yeah it can be difficult to share this passion/ desire with people you know. I agree with you 100%, people should be free to wear what makes them feel most comfortable x.

1 Like

I have dressed for years and love it - when I get the opportunity.

When I dress, I take my time, and slowly transform, feeling soooo feminine when I finally look at myself.

I am very conscious being out in the day dressed …. but also find it very liberating tooo! It is great to feel feminine and sexy.

@MySecretDesires - I love you pic, a gorgeous lady x

R xx

4 Likes

With Halloween quickly approaching, have any of you already started planning your costumes for this year?

For me, Halloween is the best time of year as I have the confidence to step outside in my feminine clothes. I’d become very much aware that my friends noticed I’d crossdress at the drop of hat for any sort of fancy dress theme so refrained from doing so last year. My wife is very supportive and in the safety of our house encourages me to dress up.

I’m determined to wear my PVC thigh high boots this year so have 2 costumes in mind. First option is to go as the Anne Hathaway’s version of Catwoman or my other thought is to be a zombie version of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

2 Likes

Both costumes sound amazing - you should share in the photo uploads and we can take a vote on the best one…

I went to a Halloween Party a few years ago and wore a black fishnet bodystocking underneath a black short lace dress … not my usual style I should add! - I may post a pic sometime

R xx

3 Likes

I love the sound of the Zombie version of Julia Roberts’ Pretty Woman.

Hi all, how’s everyone doing? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for making this thread! I just found LH and didn’t realize there was a forum too! Imagine my excitement!

I’m into light x’ing…just underwear actually, love the feeling of lace and silk.

3 Likes